• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

Just now, xCELERYx said:

He also wanted Llorente and instead we signed no one, while seeing him join Tottenham for like £3m more than we were willing to pay. Given the impact of Giroud since joining, imagine how helpful it would have been having Llorente from the season start. 

Hahahah I was writing a response to your other replies but seeing this has killed me.

Llorente with 1 goal in 16 for Tottenham.

Yeah great .

xCELERYx   
Just now, Nicholas Anelka said:

Hahahah I was writing a response to your other replies but seeing this has killed me.

Llorente with 1 goal in 16 for Tottenham.

Yeah great .

Nice to see the point has gone well and above your head. 

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No he hasn't .

He wanted to keep Matic .

We took the money .

He wanted to keep Bats 

We took the money 

He wanted Candreva and Sandro 

We took the cheaper path 

He proved to the board what he could do .

The board knew best.

The board have failed him , just like they failed Jose.

Obligatory line about how Conte has also made mistakes to satisfy the swivel-eyed.

You can spin it whatever way you like, but do you really think signing Candreva and Sandro would have made much difference? Candreva was 30 at the time, and this season has played 30 games and has scored zero goals. Sandro might be a good player, but LWB is hardly our main area of deficiency.  

As for Batshuyai, do you really believe that? Why did he want to keep him? It certainly wasn;t because he intended to pick him, as he never did! He started 2 games, Burnley and Palace, and he couldn't hold the ball in either, so whenever Morata was unavailable (league cup games aside) he went with a false 9. Again, if he had kept Batshuyai just to play the odd 10 minutes at the end, I am not sure it would have changed anything. 

If we had signed Candreva, Sandro and not loaned out Bats, how much better off would we be? Negligible. 

Matic over Bakayoko, I'll concede because Baka has been far worse than could possibly have been expected. In isolation, I still don't think selling Matic, at 29, for £40m was a poor decision.

Edited by paulw66

40 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No he hasn't .

He wanted to keep Matic .

Matic didn't want to stay. Funny how he was happy until Conte came.

He wanted to keep Bats 

We took the money 

Maybe he should have played him then.

He wanted Candreva and Sandro 

We took the cheaper path 

And rightly so. Alonso is better than Sandro, just not as quick. Best left back in the premier league yet the manager wants to to replace him after 12 months. No wonder he struggles to keep players happy.

He proved to the board what he could do .

The board knew best.

The board have failed him , just like they failed Jose.

Obligatory line about how Conte has also made mistakes to satisfy the swivel-eyed.

He has most definitely proved what he can do. And will almost certainly cost him his job. Thankfully.

18 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Maybe supplying him with the players he originally requested. While some understandably may not have been obtainable, others certainly were.

Who?

18 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Also not having the board sell players on him would be a ideal as well. 

Who? 

1 hour ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Just a few days before last season’s FA Cup final, Antonio Conte posed for pictures with the Premier League trophy in an executive box overlooking the Stamford Bridge pitch.

Guesswork alll the way through.  Just because it is taken from the Telegraph doesn't make it any more convincing than half the stuff they put on the front page.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

No he hasn't .

He wanted to keep Matic .  Did he - only evidence is a side comment made about Bakayoko.

We took the money .

He wanted to keep Bats ?  Seriously?  Morata, Giroud and Bats for one positions - Conte!!

We took the money ?  What money - I think you must mean someone else

He wanted Candreva and Sandro He got 2 guys out of italy all the same

We took the cheaper path   Much much much cheaper

He proved to the board what he could do .   With the players given to him by the board 2 years ago

The board knew best.   Indeed they have a better track record than any of our ex-managers have achieved since leaving us

The board have failed him , just like they failed Jose.           ??????  

Ham   

The more I look at this the more I think Rui Faria might be in the frame, regardless of rumours about Benfica.  He ticks two very important boxes for the club;

1) He learnt everything from Jose Mourinho.

2) He's not Jose Mourinho.

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

The more I look at this the more I think Rui Faria might be in the frame, regardless of rumours about Benfica.  He ticks two very important boxes for the club;

1) He learnt everything from Jose Mourinho.

2) He's not Jose Mourinho.

Oh please, not Rui Faria!   🤬🤬🤬