• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

Recommended Posts

In my opinion, he needs to go. Thank you for the league and fa cup in 2 years, and in most cases, this would have been more than enough to keep you at the club and make you endeared to the fanbase.

Unfortunately, his immensely negative attitude, coupled with putting the players, the squad, the board and everyone instead of himself, down has made an untangible situation. I really hope for his and ours sake that he leaves by mutual consent. I am sure he will be successful wherever he goes after and we will continue winning whoever comes here next, but unfortunately, it should not/would not be together. 

Its not about the top4 or the freezing out of several players or squad rotation or tactics as seen against manchester city or his immensely late and mostly baffling substitutions, its simply the fact that at times he has looked so grumpy, talked so much **** about the people he should have been protecting. 

Thank you for everything Conte, but I hope its the last I see you in the Chelsea blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

A few days ago it was all Arteta.........:).

Yep and now Wham come home a close second:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44163423

Meanwhile we, (and maybe our owner too), are still in limbo.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brin   

When Conti first came I was optimistic, thought he's got a good c.v. worth a go. After a few matches that had changed to typical Italian defensive mind set, this does not look good. Then the Arsenal game and the change in formation. Luck, genius, devine inspiration who knows but we went on our long winning streak and what a team we looked and what a manager he looked. At this point I thought "we've got a good one here, this bloke is going to be great for Chelsea and then we lost.........And the defensive mind set returned. I was still optimistic, we still went on to win the league, not with the panache shown before but I was still hopeful Conti and Chelsea would re-find their mojo. Then we had this season not only was the defensive mind set apparent but also the hurt ego. Conti had not got his way and gone into a strop, defensive not only in his tactics but also in his misdemeamor, he was right the whole world was wrong. I remember reading a post by Jane B on here and she said " this just saddens me" and I feel the same, from the heady days of the winning streak to the dismal defensive football we are trying to play now. It's just sad. So my Vote: GO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brin said:

When Conti first came I was optimistic, thought he's got a good c.v. worth a go. After a few matches that had changed to typical Italian defensive mind set, this does not look good. Then the Arsenal game and the change in formation. Luck, genius, devine inspiration who knows but we went on our long winning streak and what a team we looked and what a manager he looked. At this point I thought "we've got a good one here, this bloke is going to be great for Chelsea and then we lost.........And the defensive mind set returned. I was still optimistic, we still went on to win the league, not with the panache shown before but I was still hopeful Conti and Chelsea would re-find their mojo. Then we had this season not only was the defensive mind set apparent but also the hurt ego. Conti had not got his way and gone into a strop, defensive not only in his tactics but also in his misdemeamor, he was right the whole world was wrong. I remember reading a post by Jane B on here and she said " this just saddens me" and I feel the same, from the heady days of the winning streak to the dismal defensive football we are trying to play now. It's just sad. So my Vote: GO.

 

I know he's only been here two seasons, and it's not like there are clues such as the thread's title, but it's Conte, not Conti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brin   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I know he's only been here two seasons, and it's not like there are clues such as the thread's title, but it's Conte, not Conti

Thank you Bob, more a problem with my eyes at my age. I hope Conte does not read this, will be another blow to his ego, (Can't even get my name right).

 

 

Edited by Brin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each day that passes with him still here suggests he may well stay.

I expected him to be gone by now, if indeed that's what the club or he wants, really can't see the point of hanging it out.

Maybe he is staying after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Each day that passes with him still here suggests he may well stay.

I expected him to be gone by now, if indeed that's what the club or he wants, really can't see the point of hanging it out.

Maybe he is staying after all.

No RM announcement till after Saturday - probably some days later if they win and there is a change.  I wouldn't panic yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No RM announcement till after Saturday - probably some days later if they win and there is a change.  I wouldn't panic yet.

What makes you so sure that RM and Zidane will part company? Is it a case of you desperately clutching on to something after having pronounced that Conte already had a job lined up months ago, then slowly seeing the Italian national team, PSG, and others confirming new managers that aren't Conte?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now