• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

So another question if I may.

Those that want Conte to stay, would you want him to stay if it meant getting rid of Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Fabregas to allow him to play his 532?

Step too far.

I genuinely think a lot of our issues could be solved going back to 433. Our squad is better suited to it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

The difference being is they said yes,  we said " Hello Big Toni "

Should we blame the board for that then?

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

So another question if I may.

Those that want Conte to stay, would you want him to stay if it meant getting rid of Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Fabregas to allow him to play his 532?

I think you have been listening to one person but thinking it was 10 people.

And again it is all hypothetical.  Not just Conte, but Hazard, Courtois and Kante may go and I doubt even RA has much control over that.  Pedro has maybe one year left at this level, Fabregas and Willian maybe 2.  We like to shift that kind of player - especially as now we are clearly looking forward to 2 or 3 years of re-building.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Again , playing devils advocate , Conte did warn the board this would happen.

He's obviously made a hundred and one mistakes this year but I honestly believe there has to be a measure of collective responsibility with everyone included not just him.

Which is something I have never denied. I've never put all the blame on Conte, I just think he has shown far too many weaknesses this season and his style of football is the worse I have ever seen.

I am also firmly of the opinion that he will leave because he wants to and has known about his next club for quite some time.

He has shown no loyalty to us whatsoever by taking a pay rise but not signing an extension and I feel no loyalty to him at all because of this . 

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Should we blame the board for that then?

Nope.

What we should blame the board for is buying too few players and not enough quality ones.

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

He has shown no loyalty to us whatsoever by taking a pay rise but not signing an extension and I feel no loyalty to him at all because of this . 

I still think the pay rise was really about a 1 year extension to 2018 and not walking out last summer.  There may have been all kinds of options in the old agreement or written into the new one.

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Which is something I have never denied. I've never put all the blame on Conte, I just think he has shown far too many weaknesses this season and his style of football is the worse I have ever seen.

I am also firmly of the opinion that he will leave because he wants to and has known about his next club for quite some time.

Which is absolutely fine < I have no issues with that whatsoever.

I'd like to think the pay rise without signing was him throwing a strop about signings he wanted over signings the club wanted and he cut his nose off to spite his face and it's probably going to backfire horribly for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nope.

What we should blame the board for is buying too few players and not enough quality ones.

?? you can&#39;t have it both ways.  

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I still think the pay rise was really about a 1 year extension to 2018 and not walking out last summer.  There may have been all kinds of options in the old agreement or written into the new one.

What do you think of the rumours that Wenger was told he was going ages ago but chose to disclose it later , coupled to the rumours that Allegri is going there , you have the belief that these things are negotiated miles in advance , do you think its possible that Conte refused to commit because he knows this and is hoping to go back to Juve?

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

?? you can&#39;t have it both ways.  

I think I've written it wrongly ,

We need some more top quality , players , to go into the first team and improve it immediately

We also need some "solid pros" who can come in and do a job when required without demanding starts and rocking the boat.

We need both .

We got too few on one and none of the other.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What do you think of the rumours that Wenger was told he was going ages ago but chose to disclose it later , coupled to the rumours that Allegri is going there , you have the belief that these things are negotiated miles in advance , do you think its possible that Conte refused to commit because he knows this and is hoping to go back to Juve?

Yes I think things are negotiated long in advance, but I also think things get kept secret very well.  So I can't really get interested in guessing what decisions were made last year - (I often think of Schrodinger's cat in reverse here for us these things are decided only when the box gets opened, but the cat can observer earlier so he must have known in advance).

All I do know is that is a shortage of top managers, and Conte is still one of the few.  Indeed perhaps the whole 532 stuff has been to save his own face and avoid doing a JM 15/16 - which has probably been a good thing for the club and fans.