• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

It wasn't even a physical likeness I was referring to Jane.  Just the fact that he was the one next to the famous one....

Which was the famous one in Sparks then?  Surely it was the creep, not the singer.

Ham   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Which was the famous one in Sparks then?  Surely it was the creep, not the singer.

Yes and his job was to be the famous one. 

The other one knew his place. 

19 hours ago, JaneB said:

Each Christmas Antonio gives presents to everyone who works at Chelsea which is a lovely thoughtful thing to do.  I thought he was awesome last season, charming, funny, passionate and he delivered the title.  What's not to like.  He seemed a very nice person with none of the baggage Jose always had with him.  He was also a very good player himself and I liked that.  

What has gone wrong since has been much discussed obviously and I'm sad that Antonio seems to be a different person making some very strange decisions.  If he goes, I always come back to the same question, who on earth will come in next and will it solve anything.  

Personally I'd like a young, ambitious British manager with half the backroom staff we've got now.   

That makes it Eddie Howe then doesn't it? Can't think of any other. 

But why British, given that there are few if any good British managers and also given that most of our players aren't British either?

JaneB   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

It wasn't even a physical likeness I was referring to Jane.  Just the fact that he was the one next to the famous one....

Screenshot_20180513-012826.png

Screenshot_20180513-012813.png

Doh 🙄

I really thought that Chris Lowe and SSG could be brothers. Then it dawned on me that you were actually talking about Rui Faria but not in a metaphorical sense, which you actually were!!!

I think every manager needs the not so famous one though.

JaneB   
11 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

That makes it Eddie Howe then doesn't it? Can't think of any other. 

But why British, given that there are few if any good British managers and also given that most of our players aren't British either?

Well it could do Pete yes, as I said before there isn't a lot of choice which is a shame.

I've nothing against a foreign manager, of course I haven't, but since we change our managers with depressing frequency, I was just thinking outside the box.

14 hours ago, JaneB said:

Rui Faria anyone?  No me neither but another 'right hand man' on his way.

Sunday Excess think it's possible... so that means it'll never happen, thankfully.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/958987/Man-Utd-Rui-Faria-Chelsea-Antonio-Conte-Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-rumours-gossip-news

Holymoly   

Whether or not he goes really comes down to whether he would be able to dredge up some motivation or enthusiasm as this season both have been seiously AWOL.

No idea who would replace Conte. Personally I'd prefer a fluent English speaker but then as far as the squad goes that's probably less of a consideration. I do believe however that the language barrier between manager and fans/media leads to the frustrations that eventually end up with the position the present encumbent finds himself in. I'd also like to see a coherent squad development policy rather than the knee jerk transfers we've seen these last few years.

A World Cup off season however would suggest that nothing is going to happen promptly when the window opens and we will probably start next season with much the same we end up playing against Newcastle.

I said in a previous thread , we've already had next season's transfers , Barkley and Emerson .

Anyone in authority at the club thinks managing this stellar bunch of premier athletes is easy so they'll sit on their hands and make whichever unfortunate who sits in the revolving chair suffer with no backing from them .

They might get Wilshire if he's cheap and probably Ings to replace Morata if he really is going to Juve , which I doubt.

Edited by Mark Kelly

xCELERYx   

Will be interesting to see how the club operate with which a limited time frame for transfers, given the window will close for PL teams at the beginning of the season. Plus, a World Cup to contend with on top. Can't wait to see what underwhelming squad our manager (whoever that may be) will be graced with (again). 

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I said in a previous thread , we've already had next season's transfers , Barkley and Emerson .

Surely they were last summer's transfers - delayed because they were even less fit than they were in January.
As were 1 or 2 more AMs we should have signed but didn't for other obscure reasons

28 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Will be interesting to see how the club operate with which a limited time frame for transfers, given the window will close for PL teams at the beginning of the season.

The transfer deal season starts by March and finishes in July every year.  Only the reporting season has been shortened.