• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

kev61   

Looking forward to the game - early breakfast and  hoping to dump my wife on the beach and go to the pub and watch the build up and the game itself

she is wanting to go with me to watch the game - either she is becoming a fan of the game or she is keeping tabs on me - equally as frightening obrigado.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

55 and I was still doing 10ks in less than an hour (at 18 stone)

57 and I couldn't jog more than 1k at a time (and no heavier and no illness or serious injury).
Once you slow down at this age it goes very very very fast (and I can't run much more than 1500m at three quarters that pace after about 70 trips to the gym this year).

Well that's cheered me up no end. 

kev61   
17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well that's cheered me up no end. 

He's right nobly you can go down hill very quickly.'life begins at forty'...,my arse! - life has been declining physically for years at 40 unless you have been looking after yourself

BlueFizz   
5 hours ago, kev61 said:

He's right nobly you can go down hill very quickly.'life begins at forty'...,my arse! - life has been declining physically for years at 40 unless you have been looking after yourself

I hope we win the cup because all these reminders of physically decline have made this 57 year old right fed up! 

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

55 and I was still doing 10ks in less than an hour (at 18 stone)

57 and I couldn't jog more than 1k at a time (and no heavier and no illness or serious injury).
Once you slow down at this age it goes very very very fast (and I can't run much more than 1500m at three quarters that pace after about 70 trips to the gym this year).

I beat my personal best for the 100m the other day... I did 37m before I had to give up!

Sea foot   

I'd looked after myself and at 58 could do 5 miles in 33 minutes, 10k in around 44 minutes and had a job in a timber yard carrying 24 ft lengths of 9x3. Three years later after an immune disease, I can't run more than 50 yards and can't do a press up. Lost nearly 60 years of fitness at a stroke. If you've got it, enjoy it people, you never know what's around the corner.

Its FA cup day and we're in it. Got to enjoy it if you are a fan.

Come on you Blues!!

Sciatika   

True, I play 6-a-side football at 58 every week with a whole bunch of younger guys (20-30s). They are so much faster than I am, it beggar's belief. I have lost a lot of weight in the last few months but even so...  I have had to adjust my playing so I can still compete. It helps that they are, probably, the world's worst defenders and think tracking back is for other people. Anyway, I still want to win every game and I still want Chels to win every game too. So I will be shouting them on every second.

Nice to see the BBC getting down wiv da kidz .

MC Haribo , good grief.