• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

So Cesc has got married today to the delicious Ms. Semaan.  Great preparation for the Cup Final.

(I'm just madly jealous really)

Are you trying to talk dirty Jane?

Dingus   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

hahahahaha - I take it this is sarcasm

Why would it be sarcasm?

We've regressed as a team massively over the last 3 years.

1 minute ago, Dingus said:

Why would it be sarcasm?

We've regressed as a team massively over the last 3 years.

We peaked over the past 3 years and on saturday we are in a cup final.  We should still be celebrating, still on a 4 year high.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We peaked over the past 3 years and on saturday we are in a cup final.  We should still be celebrating, still on a 4 year high.

Yes. Yes and yes. 

Not sure why people want to forget what has happened the last few years and try to claim how bad we have been as a club. 

We need to try and go again of course, and achieving what we have done in the last few years may be impossible, but  I dont understand why are people so quick to forget.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure why people want to forget what has happened the last few years and try to claim how bad we have been as a club. 

I think the Gordon is a moron song returns.  
Still at least the next manager will be loved without reserve for not being Jose M   Conte

44 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yes. Yes and yes. 

We need to try and go again of course, and achieving what we have done in the last few years may be impossible, but  I dont understand why are people so quick to forget.

I don't forget or enjoy remembering, but have you seen what's in front of us right now? We could be 5-10 years in the wilderness if we don't play our cards right.

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't forget or enjoy remembering, but have you seen what's in front of us right now? We could be 5-10 years in the wilderness if we don't play our cards right.

Been said every year for about 10 years. 

22 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes - that is what happens when you play above your level for a few years - especially if you switch from long term investment to short term investment to get it done.  The next strategic phase will be tough, and players are far far more expensive than when we bought the most in demand player of that time, Hazard.  Look at Dembele  or Mbappe or Neymar last year.  But we are long past the stage where we can expect to compete at the top every year.  The up wave was very good.  Of course its a down wave now.

chara   

Puzzled at my lack of "anticipation" for the game.

I remember the struggle to get tickets for the Spurs final and the hurt at the loss..struggle for the Leeds Final tickets and the replay and the euphoria of the return from OT.

My first ticket was from my dept head at work..his brother worked at the Highbury ticket office and I went with him..a Spurs supporter...made the defeat almost unbearable..the Leeds final ..a foreman at work was a well known local player who couldn't afford to go full pro."amateur" expenses plus good job in his playing years but was good friends with Ken Furphy the then Watford player/manager as I recall.Friday morning..in surprise.."Not got a ticket yet?".."No." "see what I can do"..went to Watford in his lunch hour and returned with ticket..at face value cost..whew..replay?..my sister at Leeds Uni reported many tickets available up there from disillusioned Leeds supporters.Obtained one for me and sent it down....

Getting a ticket this time would in theory be almost a shoo in but apart from the travel involved not bothered. Why is that?

My credentials as a Chelsea follower are impeccable both in time and endured/enjoyed history. Three trips to Villa Park and two losing semi's head many losses and disappointments along with the..now..many triumphs.

So why so different?....maybe if the club doesn't care about us why should we care?..I do not have the answers. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We could. But that has been said countless times over the years and we continue to do what we do.