• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

Recommended Posts

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Spot on. When he was a pundit, he used 'we' when talking about Chelsea or England... for everyone else he used the club name or the name of the country. He may have played for United, and I'm sure he enjoyed winning the trophies he did with them, but he was never United.

He was a Chelsea season ticket holder too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted wit the result.  Winning a cup is better than no cup at all, and the best thing about yesterday was the look on Sanchez' face at he end (after the commentators were bigging him up all afternoon) and the "Sour One" whingeing and complaining about our tactics, the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" immediately spring to mind.  Mourinho is not special anymore, he's become a Portuguese version of Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

To those of you trying to defend  Jose (Droy):

This is the riposte from respected journalist Matt Stead:

The gall, the audacity of Mourinho to describe Chelsea’s approach as “so predictable” after the game. The nerve to question their “compact low block” and criticise their use of “physicality”. The temerity to describe himself as “a sportsman” after stating that “I don’t think they deserve to win”.

If Chelsea were “so predictable”, why did Mourinho complain after the game that “it was hard for us to play without Lukaku”? Why did he claim that “without Fellaini we don’t have a presence”? Has he really spent almost £300m in two years to rely on just two players, one of whom he inherited upon his arrival, in a game of such consequence? Is it really so simple to completely remove the sting from United’s tail?

If Chelsea’s “physicality” was a point of contention, how did United commit 13 fouls to their 11? Are players boasting the natural talent of Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Lingard and Pogba really so incapable of countering a “compact low block”? Is this manager really so powerless as to construct a game plan based only on nullifying the opposition’s main threat, then complaining when they do the same to greater effect?

Very good post Gorman. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Well that's it then. Another season done and dusted. What are we going to talk about now for 3 months?

James Prescott's rumours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

unbelievable are you some kind of parody

Yes he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

You've not heard of Dave Gorman? Or it could be that Gormangorman comes from California and, as a joke on "New York New York; so good they named it twice" decided to do the same with his home town. Or maybe he just likes the sound it makes. Not all nom de plumes make sense. On the other hand, yours does... just a shame you don't!

Excellent! That should have been on the CFCnet Awards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Delighted wit the result.  Winning a cup is better than no cup at all, and the best thing about yesterday was the look on Sanchez' face at he end (after the commentators were bigging him up all afternoon) and the "Sour One" whingeing and complaining about our tactics, the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" immediately spring to mind.  Mourinho is not special anymore, he's become a Portuguese version of Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce.

So in the last 5 post SAF seasons only 9 teams have broken 80 points in the PL.

Leicester (Ranieri) once.
Man U once (JM)
Liverpool once (Rodgers)
Spurs once (Pocch)
City twice (Pelly and Pep)
Chelsea three times (JM, JM, Conte)
 

Curiously 6 out of 9 times by people who work or have worked at Chelsea.

Only one manage has done it more than once!!!!  Guess who.
You seriously have to be blind not to realise he is as special as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You seriously have to be blind not to realise he is as special as ever.

No, the only person blind about JM is you of course. Gorman's post earlier was spot on.

Your suggestion that he's a great success at Manure is flawed. Most of their fans hate him and his style of play, (if that's not an oxymoron), and yesterday's match showed why.

So despite finishing 2nd and apparently "progressing", he's not endearing himself to the fans and he won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

I've learnt quite a bit since I've frequented this forum. The main one is that stats are only any good when they agree with your own point of view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

You've not heard of Dave Gorman? Or it could be that Gormangorman comes from California and, as a joke on "New York New York; so good they named it twice" decided to do the same with his home town. Or maybe he just likes the sound it makes. Not all nom de plumes make sense. On the other hand, yours does... just a shame you don't!

Nice one Bob, but Gorman: I always was an a##hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.