• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

29 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

No, the only person blind about JM is you of course. Gorman's post earlier was spot on.

Your suggestion that he's a great success at Manure is flawed. Most of their fans hate him and his style of play, (if that's not an oxymoron), and yesterday's match showed why.

So despite finishing 2nd and apparently "progressing", he's not endearing himself to the fans and he won't.

Tbf being liked or not liked is not a measure of greatness. 

I was saying here his story curve arc'd a few years ago as he'd gone stale. I use my Margaret Thatcher analogy. If the cuts did good, more cuts mean more good. If that doesn't work it means We need to cut even more. Her TINA was classic unrestrained egomania. Because she had early success its necessarily follows she was a genius and her way was the only way, any problems were the result of others failings not hers. 

He is at that stage, he is a one trick pony who follows the same methodology because he's a genius and his record proves it works. He continues to have success here and there because he has always managed to secure a top team with a top team budget. I doubt he could go to any mid table team in any league and repeat Porto for example.

Wether he is capable of staring at the mirror long enough to re-assess how HE can adapt to football in 2018 and beyond is  the 64 million dollar question.

The real question is

is he a genius or was he a genius..time will tell.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

Tbf being liked or not liked is not a measure of greatness. 

I was saying here his story curve arc'd a few years ago as he'd gone stale. I use my Margaret Thatcher analogy. If the cuts did good, more cuts mean more good. If that doesn't work it means We need to cut even more. Her TINA was classic unrestrained egomania. Because she had early success its necessarily follows she was a genius and her way was the only way, any problems were the result of others failings not hers. 

He is at that stage, he is a one trick pony who follows the same methodology because he's a genius and his record proves it works. He continues to have success here and there because he has always managed to secure a top team with a top team budget. I doubt he could go to any mid table team in any league and repeat Porto for example.

Wether he is capable of staring at the mirror long enough to re-assess how HE can adapt to football in 2018 and beyond is  the 64 million dollar question.

The real question is

is he a genius or was he a genius..time will tell.

Nice one Mr Bartlett, ( I really don't know how else to address you). Really good comment. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

Wether he is capable of staring at the mirror long enough to re-assess how HE can adapt to football in 2018 and beyond is  the 64 million dollar question

In 2018, objectively, he finished second only to Manchester City with 80+ points.

Only because of who he is we are even talking about whether or not JM needs to adapt. 

Which team and which manager is more likely to challenge ManCity next year? JM and United or Conte and Chelsea?

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

In 2018, objectively, he finished second only to Manchester City with 80+ points.

Only because of who he is we are even talking about whether or not JM needs to adapt. 

Which team and which manager is more likely to challenge ManCity next year? JM and United or Conte and Chelsea?

Neither tbh.

6 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Well , when we win 10 nil every week under Sarri despite not buying any players then Sarri and Chelsea obvs.

Edited by Mark Kelly