• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

24 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It depends on the definition of 'being backed'  You think millions being spent on players, no matter who they may be, is the criteria. Others think players he actually wants as opposed to those foisted on him is the criteria.

The definition of being backed in the market place is oviously depending on the funds the manager can buy new players for. £387m to me is being backed - and even the two net spend figures I have presented clearly shows the same. Especially when compared to our competitors. 

That he somehow have no say on ins and outs not only sounds incredibly far-fetched (not to mention outright stupid - why hire a top class manager and then let bureaucrats decide the transfer startegy?), it sounds like a lousy excuse for a manager who has overseen the biggest spending spree since Roman bought us. 

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pretty much everyone agrees that there has been positive financial support for Conte (except 1).

Not so sure, to me it seems a lot of people have said Conte hasn't been backed and compared it to the situation in José's last sumemr here (not comparable in the slightest if you ask me). 

15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Why are some so quick to assume that he didn't agree to the players we signed just because they were not his first choice targets?

Because we don't know 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Because we don't know 

So why assume he had nothing to do with it?

The type of players we have bought since he took over are completely different to before he came.

Buying 5 players that either played in Italy or had done so previously is also completely different to before he came.

Being allowed to get rid of whoever he wants is also completely different to before he came. 

Everything points to him having far more say than previous managers. You say you don't know if had any hand in it so chose to blame the board when, judging by how we have shaped our squad since his arrival, it would appear he very much had a say. 

We will never know for sure but for people to constantly blame the board and lay no blame on the manager because the players aren't good enough is absurd. We have done an incredible job of brining in the right players for a number of years now, since Conte took that has changed drastically.

27 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

why hire a top class manager and then let bureaucrats decide the transfer startegy?

Why do we continue to be linked to players now , when we don't even know who the manager is going to be ?

Why were we continually linked to Rudiger before Conte even had the gig.

Why have we been rumoured to be after Koulibaly for three seasons now ? Does that mean if we get him that was a new manager purchase ?

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Being allowed to get rid of whoever he wants is also completely different to before he came. 

Who are these players he's been "allowed" to get rid of then?

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

So why assume he had nothing to do with it?

Seeing as everything you've said is conjecture , and you believe everything I've said is the same , why not go with the one thing we do know?

Conte has spoken time and time again about the fact that he does not buy the players and only trains them.

That's all we know on the subject  , all the official word we have.

DWMH thinks he's lying , the quality of the players that have arrived indicates he isn't.

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Really?

Well I suppose you're going to say Costa ( again ) 

Then you're going to say Matic ( again )

then you'll come up with Luiz (again )

and maybe round it all off with Willian 

And we can go round in circles all day long .

29 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Why are some so quick to assume that he didn't agree to the players we signed just because they were not his first choice targets?

Opinion based evidence

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Because we don't know 

Or standard get out clause to avoid proper discussion.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

DWMH thinks he's lying , the quality of the players that have arrived indicates he isn't.

How to say "I believe Conte when he says he doesn't know who the club is buying next week" without actually saying it.  Quite a trick.

27 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not so sure, to me it seems a lot of people have said Conte hasn't been backed and compared it to the situation in José's last sumemr here (not comparable in the slightest if you ask me). 

Well the real issues being a tiny squad make 15/16 & 17/18 identical to my mind.
The difference being that JM left a core of great players behind, as well as an ageing Ivanovic and JT.  Conte is leaving mostly the same players  + Kante - Costa but 3 of them much closer retirement.  

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well I suppose you're going to say Costa ( again ) 

Then you're going to say Matic ( again )

then you'll come up with Luiz (again )

and maybe round it all off with Willian 

And we can go round in circles all day long .

I'd add Chalobah, Ake, Terry, Mikel, Ivanovic, Oscar and Batshuayi.

Not really my fault that I have to keep making the same players. They are after all the ones that have left.

Edited by Martin1905