• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The owner can't even visit the club. 

Bloody Conte and his death squads.

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

How can you fall out with someone the moment they walk in the room ? Conte walked in , Costa ( in his own words ) demanded a transfer.

He spent 12 months with him.

Willian is still here 

Won't be if Conte stays

Luiz is officially injured and still here 

Officially? Still not heard anything official. Do you think he will stay if Conte did?

Oscar and Mikel are absolutely nothing to do with Conte whatsoever , you may as well be blaming him for Shevchenko leaving.

Why? If he wanted them to stay they would have.

Ivanovic was natural wastage , a career at its end .

Why couldn't he stay? Would have been a superb choice in a back three and at wing back.

Bats left because the club wanted to get the loan funds in and to facilitate the signing of Giroud who could actually carry out the role the coach required therefore  allowing Aubameyang to go to Arsenal as his replacement freeing up Giroud.

He left because he didn't get a look in.

Chalobah and Ake you can blame him for is you want although he didn't really want Chalobah to leave but Chalobah wanted more guaranteed playing time , this was possibly a bad move on Contes part , Ake I have no idea what happened and why.

They both left as he didn't want them, clearly evident by the fact he didn't play either 

Every time a player leaves a club it doesn't mean they've fallen out with the coach , Giroud would have been third choice striker at a club does that mean we can say Wenger and Giroud fell out ? Or maybe Wenger had other options he preferred?

I'm just stating what has happened in terms of players leaving since he came. You can interpret it however you please but the fact remains they have all left or look very likely to leave if he stays.

You have just made up a load of excuses for every single departure. 

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seriously - we have not had a team boss who was more of a manager than Conte since John Neal.  He has run everything, and he appoints everyone.  The DoF left.  de Visser, Grant and Hiddink haven't been seen for years.  The owner can't even visit the club.  The Football board is Marina, Buck and Il Duce.  

You forgot Kenedy, Zappacosta (soon I bet) and Emenalo.

If Conte were German, would you be calling him Hitler?
I've always thought of you as a man lacking morals and taste... your avatar and this latest comment haven't swayed me to think otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

You have just made up a load of excuses for every single departure. 

As have you. Which is kinda my point.

You don't know .

You think.

Edited by Mark Kelly

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

1. Why do we continue to be linked to players now , when we don't even know who the manager is going to be ?

2. Why were we continually linked to Rudiger before Conte even had the gig.

3. Why have we been rumoured to be after Koulibaly for three seasons now ? Does that mean if we get him that was a new manager purchase ?

1. We, and perhaps more importantly, the media, don't know who the manager (new or otherwise) will be. They also don't know who we will sign. These two facts should lead us to the answer:happy:

2. Oh I don't know. Again ask the fellas making it up. I suppose if you have heard that Chelsea have had scouts at his games, then maybe you put a few rumours together and end up with a story. Imagine how many games Chelsea will have scouts at each season. Imagine how many players there is in each team and game. That's a lot of players. 

3. See 2. 

In any case mate, I do believe that the board and shall we say, football structure of the club, do make signings as they have been thouroughly scouted by the club and deemed good value to the club in the long-term while also contributing immediately. This is just me ranting and making up names, but my gut tells me that the following signings may have been club signings (for lack of a better word) in recent times (may be more of course and I'm not counting the players who have gone straight to the loan army as they are obvious club purchases);

Barkley, Batshuayi, Kanté, Begovic, Baba Rahman, Djilobodji, Kenedy*, Rémy, Cuadrado, Salah, Schürrle, van Ginkel, Zouma, Marin, Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Moses, Cahill, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois

*sort of, but with Mourinhos public blessing during a pre-season tour after having seen him in the flesh

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Conte has spoken time and time again about the fact that he does not buy the players and only trains them.

That's all we know on the subject  , all the official word we have.

Yep - I believe he's right. The beureaucrats buys the players. That much is obvious. The time when a manager travelled around and made deals is long gone. What we are seemingly discussing is whether or not a manager has any say in chosing who the targets are. 

I think he does and I also think he has serious input in which positions the team needs strengthening. 

21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

As have you. Which is kinda my point.

You don't know .

You think.

Thankyou.  You have explained the difference well.

Kezza   

If you're good under Conte you play. Look at Christensen. If you're **** you also play. Look at Bakayoko.