• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

Holymoly   
14 minutes ago, chara said:

Puzzled at my lack of "anticipation" for the game.

So why so different?....maybe if the club doesn't care about us why should we care?..I do not have the answers. 

I think it's more down to a lack of continuity in the playing staff now that Terry, Lampard et al have departed. I suppose we were spoiled for all those years. I'd just like to see a few players that knuckle down rather than throw in the towel when the going gets a bit tough.

JaneB   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Are you trying to talk dirty Jane?

No, I'll leave that to you as you were feeling dirty earlier.  

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

So Cesc has got married today to the delicious Ms. Semaan.  Great preparation for the Cup Final.

(I'm just madly jealous really)

It's about time he scored..................

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Don Keebles said:

It's about time he scored..................

The old ones are the best 🙄

6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We could. But that has been said countless times over the years and we continue to do what we do. 

Has it though? 

With Arsenal decline around 2006 it was Chelsea and United who were the only game in town and we could now match them for every penny they spent. The managers came and went but we always knew we could attract the best talent both on the field and off it.

When City got their money they couldn't translate it into instant success. Look at their sacked coaches...Pearce, Hughes, Pellagrini. Remember they started from nowhere. What had they won before the money arrived? What success had their players achieved in this league? 

When we got our money we were already a very good side who were winning domestic and European trophies plus doing well in CL. They were the new inexperienced money and we were the wise old sages. I never felt threatened that it could all suddenly end;  hell even when we had a bad season we won the CL with RDM in charge!

The return of JM also gave me great hope for the future and a we won another title. Conte too gave us a title so maybe I'm just being a worry wart and everything will be ok as it has before?

Well here's the reason I have no spring in my step and my hats not at a jaunty angle:

The backbone of that great side is gone and we don't seem to be growing another one anytime soon. 

We have twice failed to qualify for the CL in last three years.

Russia is getting some pretty bad press right now and relations between our two countries is at an all time low. We don't know the possible future financial implications for someone like Roman. What we do know is that he is committed to spending billions on a new stadium that could see us homeless for 5 years (see Arsenal for new stadiums effects).

City were a massive 30 points above us . Can you see us toppling them next season or anytime soon? 

City have a bottomless pit of money the FFP is out the window.

Spurs are better than us.

Liverpool are better than us and might win the CL (how's that sitting with everyone?)

United will keep spending and JM will keep winning trophies if not friends.

We will have no coach soon and I can't see an obvious choice on the horizon

Our best players are vulnerable to being lured to other clubs.

If you have any reasons to be cheerful I could do with hearing them very soon. "Because we are Chelsea" isn't cutting the mustard with me right now. 

59 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We have twice failed to qualify for the CL in last three years.

Russia is getting some pretty bad press right now and relations between our two countries is at an all time low. We don't know the possible future financial implications for someone like Roman. What we do know is that he is committed to spending billions on a new stadium that could see us homeless for 5 years (see Arsenal for new stadiums effects).

City were a massive 30 points above us . Can you see us toppling them next season or anytime soon? 

City have a bottomless pit of money the FFP is out the window.

Spurs are better than us.

Liverpool are better than us and might win the CL (how's that sitting with everyone?)

United will keep spending and JM will keep winning trophies if not friends.

We will have no coach soon and I can't see an obvious choice on the horizon

Our best players are vulnerable to being lured to other clubs.

If you have any reasons to be cheerful I could do with hearing them very soon. "Because we are Chelsea" isn't cutting the mustard with me right now. 

I think the reason to be cheerful is that we stopped competing with Man U on equal terms around 2010 - not so much because of Uefa introducing FFP as simply because RA decided he no longer needed to.  Chelsea 2003 was a first mover opportunity - he could outspend everyone else because no one else was betting on PL football being as big as it turned out to be.

So since then we have become a normal club, barely top 10 in Europe.  There was a plan - we bought cheap talent then changed track into getting team good enough to win PL titles when no one else turned up.  But City have turned up and Man U are finally an 80+ points team.

Yes it is all over - but I really don't know why we should complain about it - Thanks for the ride Mr Abramovic.  No I don't expect you to match that Arabs, and we the fans can't match MU's support around the world either.

It's not fantasy football teams where we can choose another club next season, we are Chelsea fans for reasons of birth, faith or post-code lottery - for which I shall be eternally happy.

It's Trophy Cabinet Half Full for me.

59 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

This is certainly a worry, and for some years now there has been no logic to any of it.  

Certainly I can see why RA would be cautious investing further in UK, I gather there have already been suggestions he should face sanctions.  Chelsea needs to be self-funding (but that should be the norm for most clubs).

Edited by Michael Tucker
You know the reason.

kev61   
17 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Would be nice, but I seriously doubt that.

Don't you? I certainly do, and I imagine that out players might want to win it, too!

I'm sure that Conte really wanted to win this past week too. And, last week for that matter. I think that it'll come down to more than just what Conte 'wants'.

Let's work on the premise that Conte knows he's gone - and has done for quite some time.He fell out with the board and they will not back him - what is left for him?a bit of sabotage and the rest is self glory(in cup games).why else could he not see why Babayoko should not grace the hallowed turf of Stamford bridge until he resembles a professional footballer - obrigado.

kev61   
14 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

You think Mourinho doesn't  "want it"? This is a trophy and this is what Mourinho is very very good at winning.

I have seen us not turn up for a final before and I reckon I'm going to see it again. 

If Conte thought it was a smart idea to "save" players for his cup final he's a fool. If we had won those last two games regardless of CL qualification we would be in a much different frame of mind. As it is, the winning streak bubble has burst  and an air of depression hangs over the club.  Not sure a sunny day at Wembley is gonna lift it.

I think Conte is more shrewd than mourhino.If he plays Bakayoko in the final he should go as soon as possible - no fancy formations or tactics to judge just the realisation. that Bakayoko is utter crap