• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Let's work on the premise that Conte knows he's gone

C'mon Kev - why should we? Because you and a few others here say it's so?

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

He fell out with the board and they will not back him

It's a nice story, and it may even prove to be correct, but we have no clear cut information to suggest that Conte fell out with the Board. 

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

what is left for him?a bit of sabotage and the rest is self glory(in cup games).

'Sabotage', and 'self glory' in Cup games? You're having it both ways, mate. Either that, or you really think that Conte acts alone, and the players have no say in it (you think that they might want a piece of that Cup glory for themselves?).

Eden says a few words........

Their form has no link to doubts over manager Antonio Conte's future according to Hazard, who instead says Saturday's FA Cup final is key in salvaging the season.

"We're Chelsea. we need trophies at the end of the season," he added. "At the moment we have nothing. We have not qualified for the Champions League. So the season has been bad.

"If we can't be in the Champions League we need the trophy. 

"It's up to us to save the season with the FA Cup. I've never won the FA Cup. I hope this year is for me and for Chelsea. We will give everything."

Genuinely find it hard to call this game; not feeling especially optimistic about us and our football now, but I accept that is my feeling. We have twice outplayed United this season, although conspired to lose one of them and finish a good distance behind a side who aren't really much less conservative and turgid than us.

One where I could see almost anything happening; us tearing them to shreds, them pulverising us, a drab 1-0 AET or penalties. 

Big thing for me is that I don't want to see any FA Cup-selections; it has to be the best XI we have, and not players who necessarily got us here. Biggest call is probably up front, and I think it absolutely has to be Hazard and Willian either side of Giroud from the start.

Never had so little confidence going into a Cup Final - not even in 1994 was I this lacking in confidence.

We have a manager with no passion, who only cares about winning the cup to boost his CV, who doesn't care one iota about Chelsea Football Club, a team who have clearly lost faith in him, and we're playing tactics that everyone has figured out.

United have the master of the one off game in charge, the extra motivation of Ferguson being ill, and are much more confident and in better form.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to lose 3-0, or worse. Not a chance in hell we win this. Zero percent chance. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I won't be.

Edited by James Prescott

paulw66   
38 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Never had so little confidence going into a Cup Final - not even in 1994 was I this lacking in confidence.

We have a manager with no passion, who only cares about winning the cup to boost his CV, who doesn't care one iota about Chelsea Football Club, a team who have clearly lost faith in him, and we're playing tactics that everyone has figured out.

United have the master of the one off game in charge, the extra motivation of Ferguson being ill, and are much more confident and in better form.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to lose 3-0, or worse. Not a chance in hell we win this. Zero percent chance. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I won't be.

1994 we finished 14th in the PL. 

Appreciate we are not in form, but let's have some perspective 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Liverpool are better than us and might win the CL (how's that sitting with everyone?)

Actually If we win our 8th FA Cup and overtake the club who take such prde in their history and tradition I can deal with them winning another Champions League. Its only papering over the domestic cracks which is what really gets at them. Anyway I'm a Chelsea supporter primarily I want us to win another trophy.

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

1994 we finished 14th in the PL. 

Appreciate we are not in form, but let's have some perspective 

You've got a better chance of mixing oil and water together. 

50 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

You've got a better chance of mixing oil and water together. 

With the right emulsifying agent, it is possible. Basic chemistry teaches us that. 😉

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

With the right emulsifying agent, it is possible. Basic chemistry teaches us that. 😉

This is not how I planned this to unfold haha.