• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

11 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'm not disagreeing with your overall assessment however I don't think things are quite so rosy at the opposition as you suggest.

United will be due another upheaval soon as Jose is about to embark on his usually terminal third season.

City may be affected by FFP2 which is just coming over the horizon, also Pep won't stay there forever.

Spuds may spiral out of contention if MoPo decides to jump ship. How many players may follow his cue?

Scum are probably looking at the longest period of future stability however Salah won't continue his scoring heroics forever. I just hope they fall on their faces in Ukraine.

Arsene United are unlikely to build into contention any time soon.

What we need to concentrate on is developing a well balanced squad with inherent development pathways from the youth squad in order to instill a "Chelsea ethos". Not spend fortunes on sticking plasters that are only here as a stepping stone to go elsewhere.

if we are relying on financial fair play to stop our rivals as we pin our hopes on a new stadium and hope for a top four finish we may as well give up and rename ourselves crap Arsenal mark 2

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

if we are relying on financial fair play to stop our rivals as we pin our hopes on a new stadium and hope for a top four finish we may as well give up and rename ourselves crap Arsenal mark 2

the key difference being that they were willing to indulge a manager for 22 years who for the last 10 of those years was taking them backwards one step at a time. 

Holymoly   
4 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

It's not a question of stopping them its a question of a level playing field. Of course they will eventually run into the same issues we have had in the past of paying players so much over the odds they can't offload them.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

the key difference being that they were willing to indulge a manager for 22 years who for the last 10 of those years was taking them backwards one step at a time. 

Is anybody else puking at the continual Wenger accolades? WTF is all that about? He's going to get a knighthood now allegedly for what exactly? Failing lamentably to do up his zip? Failing to see a single dodgy decision going Arsenals way all his life? Pushing Mourinho out of the tech area? Taking a dangerous quality side and turning it into tippy tappy 10 year trophyless side? Having a board with not enough bollocks to sack him before?

Maybe before the FA cup final United and Chelsea could form one last final guard of honour and let him onto the pitch to rapturous applause!!  Perhaps Liverpool might do it as well for the CL final?

Come on big nose. Exit stage left and quick. You're done (and have been for a while).  

paulw66   
Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Is anybody else puking at the continual Wenger accolades? WTF is all that about? He's going to get a knighthood now allegedly for what exactly? Failing lamentably to do up his zip? Failing to see a single dodgy decision going Arsenals way all his life? Pushing Mourinho out of the tech area? Taking a dangerous quality side and turning it into tippy tappy 10 year trophyless side? Having a board with not enough bollocks to sack him before?

Maybe before the FA cup final United and Chelsea could form one last final guard of honour and let him onto the pitch to rapturous applause!!  Perhaps Liverpool might do it as well for the CL final?

Come on big nose. Exit stage left and quick. You're done (and have been for a while).  

All valid points. For some reason, he became untouchable. When the Mourinho shoving thing occurred, all I could think of was, what would have been the reaction if that had been the other way around? 3 game touchline ban?

Wenger failed in every way that Fergie excelled. When Chelsea and later, City became cash rich, Wenger moaned how unfair life was, whilst Fergie rolled up his sleeves and constructed a formidable team to contest (and overcome) the both us. 

Dingus   

I wonder if we will have the same amount of luck as we did the last time we played in a final on 19th May....

chara   

I think I have narrowed down one of the reasons for my.and others. lack of "excitement" regarding the Final.

I grew up in Kingsbury and Wembley was actually the closest big stadium to me. I first was taken there for an "Amateur Cup Final" way way back as a small lad..Hendon v Bishop Auckland..Hendon lost ..2-1 or 2-0 I think.

Two Chelsea FA Cup Finals a silly cup v Man City..all the 66 WC games except the Final..various Charity Shield or whatever it is/was called games..a Youth World Cup series of games and more Internationals than I can remember..we walked home from many games.

For all those games it was still a bit magical walking up to the "Twin Towers" a name that sadly has such a tragic other designation now.

Now an appearance at Wembley is somewhat ho hum...back in the day many top players never played at Wembley..not quite National team level or overlooked and club not in Final..now Wembley with Spurs is on every weekend and most regular EPL players get there at least once a season, In addition semis are played there plus promotion games etc.

I understand the business income issues but it no longer has a "SPECIAL" feel.

Do I hope Chelsea win?..of course..that goes for all Chelsea games from preseason games to Champions League Finals,

Does it feel "special" this weekend?..sadly no....important for me as a fan..of course..but the same as before?...not the gut-wrenching anticipation and the "National" day feeling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I never fell for the whole wenger brainwashing nonsense he was just an average football manager no more no less he was miserable when his  team lost and arrogant when he won but for some reason he was put on some pedestal as being like barcelona, more than a football manager.  he is also full of sh#t that for some reason everyone seems to fall for every time he opened his mouth, apparently he almost signed ronaldo, messi, zlatan you name it and even now he claimed the other day the phone is ringing off the hook with job offers from top clubs.  I call BS why  nobody ever calls him out I will never know he is the true definition of the emperors new clothes. 

JaneB   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yep, I've got the sick bucket out.  I mean, stating the obvious, he's French for a start so it would have to be an honorary knighthood and he's hardly up there with a war hero or a great scientist or something is he?

Awful graceless loser and prickly personality.  Never taken to him.  

BlueFizz   
2 hours ago, chara said:

I think I have narrowed down one of the reasons for my.and others. lack of "excitement" regarding the Final... Does it feel "special" this weekend?..sadly no....important for me as a fan..of course..but the same as before?...not the gut-wrenching anticipation and the "National" day feeling.

Good points. I’m a bit jaded (“so what”) too and can give two further reasons:

1. For us, given our incredible success over the past 12 years or so, the cup is only the icing on the cake, not the cake. If we’d won the league I’m sure this would feel less of a consolation.

2. I don’t know your age, but I was a vigorous 33 in 1994 but am now a less vigorous 57! It’s age mate! Whisky improve but in humans everything gets less surprising and exciting. I fully expect my 79 year old dad to doze off at Wembley this saturday, even if we edge an 5-4 thriller.