• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Final  against Manchester United at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:15, Saturday 19th May, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Can't think of a final that I have looked forward to less. In fact it makes me sad to say I don't even think I will watch it.  

We are an awful team with awful manager. Maybe Conte isn't awful but he is not to be trusted. No question he will try to win this one and maybe a cup final will energise the players enough to make a game of it. But all it will be is bragging rights and a sticking plaster over a gaping wound. 

I too can muster very little enthusiasm for this right now. We know what’s going to happen. It will be an awful game. They will eventually score. We will crumple. Jose will be smug. 

All the Conte dislike aside, I really hope we win this one. This has been a really sour end to the season and we could really use some positivity around this club to take into the summer. Goodness knows we are gonna need it to attract players.

Two teams who hate their managers.

Should be brilliant.

I expect the team whose manager isn't getting sacked at the final whistle will win.

• Haha 1

Doesn't feel like an FA Cup final, just feels like another game we have to suffer through. I obviously really want us to win, but I also struggle to feel that we deserve it, I actually don't think either side deserve a trophy this season.

I think the players will perform, because they will want to win this for themselves, they will want a trophy.

I can only echo the sentiments. It's a Cup Final and I can barely care less... That's not a good sign! 

I'm sure the pre-game jitters will creep in the closer we get to the game. After all, it is the Cup Final at Wembley. 

As for the starting Xi - who knows what to expect! I'd be slightly surprised to not see;

352/532 -> Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rüdiger; Moses, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso; Hazard, Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Emerson, Willian, Pedro, Morata

Expecting to be bored to death.

asvaberg   

Caballero

Azpi - Christensen - Rüdiger - Alonso

Moses - Kante - Fabregas 

Giroud - Willian - Pedro

Subs:

Courtouis

Cahill

Zappa

Barkley

Bakayoko

Come on guys pre Abramovich we would bite your hand off for a cup final appearance.

Forget all the negativity in the media forget the nonsense that was yesterday. Give our slackers one last chance and get yourselves up for a date with Utd and Jose. shouldn't need too much encouragement.

Its wembley its the fa cup final and if we win weve won more than liverpool. Come on Chelsea.

• Like 1

Sciatika   

Won't say I am looking forward to it. I am trying to protect myself by refusing to hope for anything. By Saturday, it will wear off. Hopefully, Herrera will be sent off and Pogba will be rubbish as usual. Hopefully, no one gives Matic the ball and a lot of space on the edge of the box.

I am thinking along the same lines as Clive Walker. Courtois over Caballero because you play your best in finals, drop Christensen because of too many mistakes recently but play Barclay because we need five in the middle and

------------------ Courtois

---------Azpi-------Cahill-----Rudiger

Moses----Barclay---Kante---Fabregas---Alonso

----------------------------------Hazard

------------------Giroud

Option to bring on Willian, Pedro and Morata