• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
CFCnet Admin

CFCnet Fans Help / Questions

The editorial team here at CFCnet are looking to put together the best collection of answers and opinions from all of you - looking back at last season and what potentially is to come for 2018/19. 

We'll wrap up the general consensus on each and the best will get published via CFCnet's Fans.

Thanks all and look forward to seeing your responses - CFCnet Editorial Team.

1 In a sentence or two, how would you describe last season for your club?

2 What are your hopes and fears for the 2018-19 season?

3 Who was your biggest hero last season?

4 Who was your biggest villain?

5 What was you team’s best song/chant last season?

6 Is there a youngster to watch out for?

7 Who is your most under-rated player?

8 How are relations between the fans and the owners?

8 hours ago, CFCnet Admin said:

The editorial team here at CFCnet are looking to put together the best collection of answers and opinions from all of you - looking back at last season and what potentially is to come for 2018/19. 

We'll wrap up the general consensus on each and the best will get published via CFCnet's Fans.

Better than expected considering the awful summer and extremely short squad. We were always going to falter when the games came thick and fast and considering how late we left it to have a semi-decent squad (end of Jan) we did well to finish fifth. 

My biggest hope is that we change managers. Yes I'm just as sick of the constant changing as everyone else, but I cannot see how Conte can stay on. The new manager would preferablyplay with 4-5 attacking players each game and play some variation of 433. Hpefully we strenghten in a few key areas over the summer (looking slimmer by the day, 35 days to go) - CM, AM, S and maybe CB. The core of the team needs strenghtening. I also hope we get rid of Courtois and get a top keeper as a replacement (Allyson, Donnarumma, Schmeichel).

My biggest fear is that we see a repeat of last summer (transferwise) and Conte staying for the duration of his contract. That would mean another season lost (and Hazard & Willian surely off). 

Azpilicueta and Willian. 

Conte and the board. 

The one about Kanté and Bakayoko never loosing the ball. Luckily it stoppe once it proved Baka was poo-poo. 

Callum Hudson-Odoi, Ethan Ampadu, Mason Mount and (if he still counts) Loftus-Cheek.

Azpilicueta and Willian (still)

Good. Maybe there was a scare over the summer (with Romans visa) but I don't think he wants to sell and neither does a majority of the fans (is my feel). 

chara   
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, CFCnet Admin said:

Frustrating. Watching some top class players failing to play to ability (Unlike the present England side in the WC Good players playing to their ability not superstars.) 

Hope springs eternal every new season and I hope for team spirit and loyalty on the pitch and appreciation by the players that EVERY employer deserves the best from staff.

Kante by a distance

Pretty much everyone else! but especially Courtois...the position requires 100% application,not when he could be bothered.

Colorado is too far for home game attendance! so N?A

Ampadu

Azpilicueta

OK I think. I believe those of us who can remember the bad old days appreciate Roman

Sciatika   
On 03/07/2018 at 1:59 PM, CFCnet Admin said:

After the first game, I think I could already see that it would a frustrating season, full of missed chances, bad decisions and players not quite linking up. Add a bunch of dodgy decisions to the mix and... I could see that Conte was trying to take us forward, but it just didn't seem to be working. I thought we had started to get our mojo by Xmas and then it seemed to fall apart with a bunch of unexpected poor results. However, we won the FA Cup. It was not all bad.

My hope is that we realise that we have to rebuild around our best young players, but look to keep the overall quality of the squad at its best. Our aim should be top four because we need to CL to encourage players to join us. I think its doable with the players we have (Willian to stay) with maybe an addition or two, but we must start to plan for some of our key players (Hazard, Willian, Cesc, Courtois, Pedro) to be gone in a couple of seasons. I would focus on the younger players in the squad for the EL (at least to start with). I would like to have a group of young players told from the outset that they will be the core of the EL squad and work around that. The Drinkwater and Barkley transfers were a wrong decision, imo and I think we should have hung onto Ake and Nate Chalobah. But it's done with now and we must move on.

Kante

I struggle with the idea. I cannot see them as villains. I was a bit disappointed with Batshuayi, I suppose. But he is young.

The Bakayoko/Kante song until the bit about Bakayoko stopped working. But I still think there is a very good player in thre somewhere.

Many, some already in the squad. Ampadu, RLC, I would like to see Jay Dasilva get a go.

Bakayoko. I think he has the capability to be a very good player in the Essien mould but he seriously needs to work on his pasing, his speed of execution and decision-making. However, fans being what they are have got frustrated with him losing the ball and ask why we spent do much money on him.

Generally, very good. Most of the people I know are clear that we are lucky to have the best owner in the league and someone who has the best interests of the club at heart. We get frustrated with what goes on behind the scenes but most of that is just press nonsense.

On 03/07/2018 at 1:59 PM, CFCnet Admin said:

Disappointing, but for the wrong reasons.  To finish fifth in the (then) first division with the FA Cup under our belts is something  for which we'd have given our eye teeth back in the 80s, yet we have become spoiled with recent successes.

A return to the CL should be possible, but at a cost. I confess to a fondness for Conte who, albeit not the best of interviewees on MOTD, is steering us through a difficult patch between the old praetorian guard of Terry, Lampard, Cech and Drogba and .... hopefully a future equivalent or better. More power to his elbow. I'll reserve judgement on possible replacements: they're not here yet.

Ngolo Kante, without a second thought.

You do not have villains in your own club. Therefore it must be whoever is instrumental in queering relations between our owner's country and our own to the extent that it is (allegedly) to be affecting our business planning. But then again, it may all be a load of 'round fleshy objects' conjured up by the gutter press.

Although I later felt sorry for the lack sympathy with a player who was clearly not having the best of times, there was for a short while a hackneyed version of the Bakayoko chant that brought a smile: "Aye, aye, Timmy Bakayoko, Aye, aye, nothing like N'Golo, Aye, aye, he always gives the ball away". Not sure it was the best though - that's reserved for the original.

Ampadu. A lovely little player.

On a good day, Zappacosta, who has proved capable of good work when the runes are right. And I'd support Sciatika's views on Bakayoko, who has proved as bit of a curate's egg - good in parts.

Excellent, he's well esteemed and has put a lot into the club since his arrival. I don't read the tabloids.

There were bad omens before the season commenced , Conte warned about the possibility of a "Mourinho Season" and the board decided to ignore the warnings

opting to buy the players they deemed more on point than the choices of the manager , we bought poorly and too late.

There is a storm brewing , we will go into the new season with another , thin and unbalanced squad , yet another new manager and philosophy and too few players to compete in the league and achieve in the Europa League . Hopes wise that we actually learn for once fully back the manager and sort out the board V coach shenanigans.

Azpillicueta , the glue that binds the whole defence together

Courtois , average at best but if he was made of chocolate he'd eat himself .

Antonio Antonio Antonio

Anyone is unlikely to get any meaningful minutes , when a manager of Conte's repute is too nervous to give RLC a try then you know you have problems .  Ampadu has impressed when he has the opportunity .

Rudiger 

I don't think you'll find anyone with a true bad word for the owner , a bit more transparency would be nice at times , a director of football with some understanding of how the game works would quell any unrest but I think everyone like Roman for the most part. 

JaneB   
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, CFCnet Admin said:

Obviously disappointing.  Back in the day winning the FA Cup would have been massive but seems scant consolation now for coming 5th in the league.

That there is no discord at the club but I am finding it hard to give the new manager the benefit of the doubt.  I don't like him.

Kante, fantastic example of everything good.

It would be easy to say Courtois but I think some of the people running the club have a lot to answer for.

Not sure

Still Christensen

Danny Drinkwater.  Rubbished by everyone and not given the chance to prove his worth.

Who knows?  If this new manager proves a disaster, then not good.