• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If City fail to win the league, Pep's 3 year reign can only be classed as failure. 

Give him a chance , he needs to recruit some players and put his stamp on the side first.

paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Give him a chance , he needs to recruit some players and put his stamp on the side first.

Yes, you're right......he will need a bigger squad too. 

What he has achieved so far on a shoestring is simply remarkable. Genius 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If City fail to win the league, Pep's 3 year reign can only be classed as failure. 

If they fail to win the league for the second time in three years it’s nothing short of a scandal given the money they’ve spent and the squad they have.

But they may still go on to bag three trophies. Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup. 

bert19   
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

If they fail to win the league for the second time in three years it’s nothing short of a scandal given the money they’ve spent and the squad they have.

But they may still go on to bag three trophies. Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup. 

Has anyone ever done a domestic treble before? 

Pep's Champions League record post-Barca is pretty underwhelming - amazing that he's struggled without the Refs on his side eh? 

As I mentioned before, I really don't think he does all that well when he has proper competition (which is why Bayern did so well domestically and also took a couple of proper poundings in the latter stages of the CL when he was in charge). 

I think Saturday's game defines City's season.  If they win convincingly, they should win the league, if they drop points they've surrendered it. 

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

when you spend that sort of money, there are only 2 trophies worth their salt. PL and CL. One PL and not even a semi in the CL is awful

His CL record at CIty, last 16, QF, QF, is appalling. At least he got Bayern to the semis.

The last two seasons he has lost to a domestic team, Liverpool, who finsihed 25 points behind, and then Spurs currently 16 points behind. 

17 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Pep's Champions League record post-Barca is pretty underwhelming - amazing that he's struggled without the Refs on his side eh? 

:)  Imagine referees conspiring to change 2 goal decisions against Barca. That would be incredible.

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

when you spend that sort of money, there are only 2 trophies worth their salt. PL and CL. One PL and not even a semi in the CL is awful

His CL record at CIty, last 16, QF, QF, is appalling. At least he got Bayern to the semis.

The last two seasons he has lost to a domestic team, Liverpool, who finsihed 25 points behind, and then Spurs currently 16 points behind. 

Also , in my opinion , he gave Spurs a chance last night by taking off Silva and replacing him with Fernandinho which signalled to Spurs they were curtailing their attacking instincts from there on in , also how he did not replace Laporte who was awful all night is beyond me.

paulw66   
55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Also , in my opinion , he gave Spurs a chance last night by taking off Silva and replacing him with Fernandinho which signalled to Spurs they were curtailing their attacking instincts from there on in , also how he did not replace Laporte who was awful all night is beyond me.

Also his team selection in the first leg was Ranieri-esque 

On 16/04/2019 at 11:41 AM, Sciatika said:

Unless Liverpool wins in which case we will be hearing about till 2030. Time to consider that lifetime trip to some remote location, such as a small pothole in Bolivia. Even then I doubt we will get away from their incessant whine.

I can recommend Bolivia in fact Sci, particularly the lovely colonial town of Salta.

If the media gets you down mate then you don't have to read/listen to 'em.

• Like 1

chara   

I went on record long before Christmas re Sarri….. I don't think he is a "bad" coach/manager just not a good one..sort of average but not for Chelsea...who instead?..no idea but please someone with energy enough to motivate a squad and enough hunger to fight for everything..JM mk1 was that.. but who is out there?....would SFL do well with a strong Prem squad?...  I don't have the answers but would rather Chelsea went down (not relegation!) fighting than the strange collapses we keep seeing.