• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

kev61   

When we were struggling at 4 -3 and he was writing things down I was livid.what in God's name are you waffling about on paper? is what I was thinking.

8 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks for making the effort to reply to my questions..as ever I don't necessarily agree with everything you say but reading another POV does help in assessing points .

My main concern is that I don't think Sarri is good enough to rebuild Chelsea. Not an easy job for anyone. If I'm proved wrong I will hold up my hands and say so.

Another ??….RLC....at 24 he is a "coming" player?...check the ages of the 66 Final side....(I know away from points but I know you will...makes you think..)

RLC is probably a going player (albeit still better than Kovacic and Barkely who I hope go first.)

But CHO has had a hell of a lot of exposure as an 18 year old.  Ampadu has been given chances.  And both have played when fit adults were available at the same time.

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Comments like this highlight his stance.

That's not a mentality you can really have at the top level if you want to complete. We've all seen what happened to Wenger and Arsenal for a number of years as style was put over progression and substance. Is that really the direction we want to see Chelsea head towards?

Go back 12 months - that was precisely the direction many many wanted to see Chelsea head towards.

Generally you are talking in circles - statement after statement to say Sarri is not a good manager followed by "and that is why he is not a good manager".
When are you going to get around to why he isn't good?

Bit of a tangent, but I think what happened at Arsenal was not really a commitment to playing a certain kind of football (other than in the most broad sense that it was attacking and largely possession-based, but you'd struggle to name a club within world football's best/biggest 100 or so clubs that wouldn't describe), and more to a model. Spending relatively little on transfers, bringing players through, focusing on technical ability. And on those grounds and in those terms, it was very successful. Looking at the feeling and rumours around the club about what money they have to spend, I think it may be that Wenger comes in time to be recognised as a pragmatist and not a purist as such. 

If we are heading towards an Arsenal model of attempted consolidation rather than trophy success, then Sarri will be a symptom and not the disease and so daft to rally against. 

Leo91   
13 hours ago, kev61 said:

When we were struggling at 4 -3 and he was writing things down I was livid.what in God's name are you waffling about on paper? is what I was thinking.

Can't remember what game it was but the ref had just blew for kick off and the camera cut to Sarri about 10 seconds later and he was already writing!

5 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Can't remember what game it was but the ref had just blew for kick off and the camera cut to Sarri about 10 seconds later and he was already writing!

You see it is precisely this anger because he takes notes that convinces me that all the complaints about Sarri are about personal style and nothing to do with him as a team manager.

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You see it is precisely this anger because he takes notes that convinces me that all the complaints about Sarri are about personal style and nothing to do with him as a team manager.

What anger? The post you responded to was simply an observation.

The constant note taking is a valid concern if the coach is missing huge chunks of the game.

Personally, and I've said it before, I'm absolutely convinced that it's genuinely a way of managing his smoking addiction. On his salary I'd expect him to try that bit harder to kick the habit and I'm surprised that the club aren't putting heavy pressure on him to quit. 

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

The constant note taking is a valid concern if the coach is missing huge chunks of the game.

From what I've seen, I really doubt that he's 'missing huge chunks of games'. Maybe his note taking is just his thing?

7 hours ago, Ham said:

What anger? The post you responded to was simply an observation.

See - another who thinks note taking validates his Sarri dislike.  

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

From what I've seen, I really doubt that he's 'missing huge chunks of games'. Maybe his note taking is just his thing?

I would certainly think so Michael. I really can't understand why people get so worked up about this, or the fact that he smokes either.

So what?

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

I would certainly think so Michael. I really can't understand why people get so worked up about this, or the fact that he smokes either.

So what?

Exactly this. Baffling to say the least.