• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Don't worry Droy still thinks he won't get the boot

LOL well its good poor old Jose still has one supporter in the world.

Edited by Gormangorman
brexit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone had said this season we would go the first 15 games unbeaten I would have laughed in their face. Still concerned our Kepa is too scared to come and command his box but happy today we had 4 different scorers at Burnley, a difficult place to go and it was done without Hazard. Could turn out an interesting season after all. Well done Sarri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, Gormangorman said:

Jose going well....2-0 down inisde 10 minutes at home to newcastle.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:55 PM, Never happy said:

Don't worry Droy still thinks he won't get the boot

:)

6 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

If anyone had said this season we would go the first 15 games unbeaten I would have laughed in their face. Still concerned our Kepa is too scared to come and command his box but happy today we had 4 different scorers at Burnley, a difficult place to go and it was done without Hazard. Could turn out an interesting season after all. Well done Sarri.

If Courtois chucking in goals at RM means we get a massive fee out of RM for letting Conte go, the board will have done well.  Kepa and Sarri for Courtois and Conte for not very much net net.

Sarri's doing very well.  I'm pleased to see that the team has become much more flexible in its tactics since the first couple of games, which in retrospect seem almost like a training game designed to add pinball around Jorgy as one tactical option.  And unlike Conte, Sarri can flick Kovacic vs Barkley switch to give us 2 quite different gears.

He'd been blessed with an abnormally big squad - as if the board finally listened on that point.  
Far far easier for a manager to deal with an angry player not getting picked than it is with an angry player that still has to be picked each week.  (If Conte could only have dropped Costa a few times, a lot of issues might have been resolved early on).

And Rudiger, Jorginho, Barkley and Luiz are all playing at a much higher level than I had expected of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say he has started stronger than I expected and I think there is still room for improvment as well - as I still think we slow the play down too much in the final third and our defending does look haphazard at times. This however, I feel will come with Kepa becoming more accustomed to the league (he reminds me currently of De Gea in his first few years) and probably us adjusting the squad so that it is more suitable for the needs of the new style as I still feel we need another CF and AM and probably need to sell some deadwood. 

That said, all I want this year is Top 4 or the Europa and we look on course for that at this moment in time. Let's see where we are in January but for starts I would say Sarri deserves an 8 out of 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't sure about Sarri, but I didn't know that much about him other than a few article's I'd read. I'd seen glimpses of his Napoli side but not a huge amount and I was not sure if he's be able to deal with this league or a club our size and the pressure that brings. I am happy to be proven wrong so far. What he has done with this squad in such a short space of time is hugely impressive, he has played an absolute blinder. It's still early days, so we can't fully judge yet, but so far I am really impressed and he's done it all calmly, quietly and mostly under the radar... long may it continue.

Remember when most on here were calling for him to change the Rudiger-Luiz partnership? He has patience, being sure his methods would work and that he had the right combination... we are now seeing the benefit of this as game by game they long a much stronger partnership. It's almost as if he knows what he's doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

We all know the real test comes in the second year. If he's still here after 3 it'll be a miracle. 

I can't wait for the City match. Normally I'd be apprehensive about losing but it's going to be fascinating how we match up man for man and how good we really are. If we lose so be it but lets lose by playing some football.

Edited by Leo91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Not knocking Sarri at all, as we have started off very well, but the real test starts in January. From Jan to May we have Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Everton away. By the time December ends, the only really tough away game we would have had is Spurs. Hopefully we will have a buffer over 5th spot by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Not knocking Sarri at all, as we have started off very well, but the real test starts in January. From Jan to May we have Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Everton away. By the time December ends, the only really tough away game we would have had is Spurs. Hopefully we will have a buffer over 5th spot by then. 

On top of this it's generally the period where games come thick and fast. Rotation is going to be vital to keep players fresh, while still making sure we're competing in other competitions. Sarri won't have the luxury of ditching Europe to help efforts in the league, as he did with Napoli. Will be interesting to see how it handles it all.

The other notable point is that our PL side has only really seen three positions being rotated so far - CF (Morata/Giroud), one AM position (Pedro/Willian) and one CM position (Kovacic/Barkley). That's going to have to change as the season wears on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, xCELERYx said:

On top of this it's generally the period where games come thick and fast. Rotation is going to be vital to keep players fresh, while still making sure we're competing in other competitions. Sarri won't have the luxury of ditching Europe to help efforts in the league, as he did with Napoli. Will be interesting to see how it handles it all.

The other notable point is that our PL side has only really seen three positions being rotated so far - CF (Morata/Giroud), one AM position (Pedro/Willian) and one CM position (Kovacic/Barkley). That's going to have to change as the season wears on.

Agree it is going to be interesting if we are still in four competitions come January. 

Happy that Sarri is using  more players and giving Barkley, RLC opportunities yet still think we will be up against it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've come to the conclusion that having  a great number 2 like Zola is almost as important as the head coach. Jose had it first time round with Steve Clarke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now