• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I've come to the conclusion that having  a great number 2 like Zola is almost as important as the head coach. Jose had it first time round with Steve Clarke.  

As did Fergie 

Leo91   

Steve Holland for us was huge. Wenger and Rice another great combination.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Steve Holland for us was huge. Wenger and Rice another great combination.

Prefer curry and rice myself. 

• Haha 1

paulw66   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ancelotti and Wilkins... we were never the same after Ray left.

Although the reason behind his departure, not known at the time by the public, was absolutely correct. 

Shame it ended how it did 

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Although the reason behind his departure, not known at the time by the public, was absolutely correct. 

Shame it ended how it did 

What was the reason?

18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

What was the reason?

Unfortunately, Butch was an alcoholic. It's something he battled with for many years.

7 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

What was the reason?

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Unfortunately, Butch was an alcoholic. It's something he battled with for many years.

Yep. Something to be proud of the club on; it was absolutely hammered by the fans and press over Wilkins being let go but never once briefed against him. 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Yep. Something to be proud of the club on; it was absolutely hammered by the fans and press over Wilkins being let go but never once briefed against him. 

Yes. With the club getting dog's abuse for removing him from his post, it would have been easy to publicise his alcoholism 

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Further evidence of how scummy and spiteful the British press are towards us given it was one of the worst kept secrets in Football, they no doubt would have known about it but still slagged us off. After he left us he would do after dinner talks at charity and football events, I heard from a couple of friends who have been to such events that he had turned up drunk. I also bumped into him after an England game at Wembley and he was completely trollied. I don't believe that the press would not have been well aware of his demons, particularly as he had a number of drink driving convictions they had reported on.