• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

Recommended Posts

Jasonb   

I'm surprised about Zola coming in with Sarri yet bizarrely think the relationship between the two will work well for Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Most people would lose Moses before Alonso.

My original incredulous reply to Kev was based on my opinion that there are at least 6 or 7 players I would replace before Alonso...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

First interview with Sarri. 

https://streamable.com/0jcn0

Seems like a humble guy , nice to see he thinks the attitude of the players is important , I would love to see some proper attacking football where we let the opposition worry about us instead of the other way around despite enjoying the more pragmatic approach under JM and Conte .

Let's hope we get some quality editions to the squad to enable him to achieve his aims .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones   

Very likeable and promising first interview. English better than expected. Humble and positive. Slight worry that he is so in awe of being here and hoping he can just win something? Hopefully not perveived as lack of ambition with the players. Hazard wants to win the CL.

Edited by jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, jones said:

Very likeable and promising first interview. English better than expected. Humble and positive. Slight worry that he is so in awe of being here and hoping he can just win something? Hopefully not perveived as lack of ambition with the players. Hazard wants to win the CL.

Hazard can't win the CL on his own in fact he needed other players to win both league titles he was not the most important player his mental strength is right for that. Luckily we had Costa, JT, Drogba, Kante who's performance level is more consistent than his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
17 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

 

Hazard can't win the CL on his own in fact he needed other players to win both league titles he was not the most important player his mental strength is right for that. Luckily we had Costa, JT, Drogba, Kante who's performance level is more consistent than his.

You can go a long way to find an odder statement. No player can win any trophy on their own. That is a given. It's not tennis we're watching. 

Hazard was instrumental in 2015 and 2017 title wins, and I don't see how that can be argued against. He won POTY in 2015 for a start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

First interview with Sarri. 

https://streamable.com/0jcn0

(my comment initially posted in wrong place)

Very good interview.  Comes across not just as competent in English but able to manage both talking in a foreign language and "not saying stupid things" at the same time, which is not always that easy.

'I think with one or two adjustments we can play my football.
I want first of all to enjoy myself
the players have to enjoy themselves

and first of all I hope  fans can enjoy the team.'

about pre-season - "we have to work very hard" - so I guess he hasn't been prepped too much about what to say and what not to say.

Jorghino - I get the feeling he is intended to be a Fabregas replacement.  3 years of managers trying to push Fabregas out of the team, I wonder how Fabregas will react.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

(my comment initially posted in wrong place)

Very good interview.  Comes across not just as competent in English but able to manage both talking in a foreign language and "not saying stupid things" at the same time, which is not always that easy.

'I think with one or two adjustments we can play my football.
I want first of all to enjoy myself
the players have to enjoy themselves

and first of all I hope  fans can enjoy the team.'

about pre-season - "we have to work very hard" - so I guess he hasn't been prepped too much about what to say and what not to say.

Jorghino - I get the feeling he is intended to be a Fabregas replacement.  3 years of managers trying to push Fabregas out of the team, I wonder how Fabregas will react.

When dropped by Conte I thought Cesc showed a great attitude even when barely coming off the bench. He eventually fought his way into the team but he now has a younger, more mobile version of himself to contend with. I think there's still a huge role for him to play if not necessarily as first choice. In the title winning season he has already showcased how big a weapon he can be off of the bench. Certainly against lower level opposition, a midfield three of Fabregas, Kante and Jorginho could be very fun to watch. 

Due to the late arrival of both Sarri and those at the World Cup, not to mention the big change in style, I see it being a slow start to the season before we begin to see the new manager implement his ideas. I would be surprised if Sarri does not see the benefit of utilising an experienced player already educated in similar ideas who has proven himself a leader on and off the pitch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would certainly be looking to keep players like Cesc and Cahill around just for the experience and attitude they have shown when dropped, even if they are no longer first choice. What will work against Cesc in that regard is that I think he is on massive wages, although we could find it hard to shift him for the same reason.

I think he still has a part to play and a midfield 3 suits him better, I saw a stat comparison and he was way ahead in chances created or key passes per game in comparison to Jorginho. Also had the same number of assists in league action despite playing less.

From the Sarri interview slightly worried about the emphasis on enjoying themselves, does not seem to have that steely determination to win that Jose and Conte had which led to trophies. I know some here are happy for entertaining football over trophies, hopefully that won't be put to the test!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now