• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

Ham   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Silly fluff piece, this bit especially. Show me a set of top 6 fans who won't sing this when losing 4-0 away to a mid-table team.

I guess the other bit to say though is that it doesn't often happen to top 6 clubs ... It didn't happen to us for over 20 years ...

Chelsea supporters, in my experience of going to games over 25+ years, pretty much mindlessly back the manager. Benitez perhaps the one exception in my match-going days. This journalist is looking at forums like this for fan opinion, so no wonder he's come up with this silliness.

Wasn't that song heard at 2-0 down when he made an inexplicably negative substitution? 

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Wasn't that song heard at 2-0 down when he made an inexplicably negative substitution? 

You mean taking off a not fully fit Higuain?

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Silly fluff piece, this bit especially. Show me a set of top 6 fans who won't sing this when losing 4-0 away to a mid-table team.

I guess the other bit to say though is that it doesn't often happen to top 6 clubs ... It didn't happen to us for over 20 years ...

Chelsea supporters, in my experience of going to games over 25+ years, pretty much mindlessly back the manager. Benitez perhaps the one exception in my match-going days. This journalist is looking at forums like this for fan opinion, so no wonder he's come up with this silliness.

You are correct, I don't know anybody that goes to games and wants Sarri gone. Some want to see improvement and rightly so but most, if not all think we should give him at least 2 years.

Ham   
28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You mean taking off a not fully fit Higuain?

I was clarifying the precise moment the song was sung and the general feeling of the fans at that moment Paul.

Nobody knew of the injury at the time hence "You don't know what you're doing". 

The journalist is using the singing of the song to make an inference. 

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

I still think he is a dead man walking unless he gets top four.

Does that mean anything - we are in the top four.
That makes him a mortal, nothing more.

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Ham said:

I was clarifying the precise moment the song was sung and the general feeling of the fans at that moment Paul.

Nobody knew of the injury at the time hence "You don't know what you're doing". 

The journalist is using the singing of the song to make an inference. 

Ok, understood. 

kev61   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Does that mean anything - we are in the top four.
That makes him a mortal, nothing more.

It means he is teetering on the edge old fruit - a good win against one of the worst teams in the league and a player scoring a brace could just be a stay of execution..don't you think?

36 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It means he is teetering on the edge old fruit - a good win against one of the worst teams in the league and a player scoring a brace could just be a stay of execution..don't you think?

So not a Dead man walking then at all.  just a football manager.

kev61   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

So not a Dead man walking then at all.  just a football manager.

No - I get the logic 'YOU' drive along the same road and see different road signs!

20 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:
  •  

"Jorginho needs movement without the ball from other players, because he's used to playing at one touch," Sarri insisted. "It's very difficult to play one touch without the movement of the other players."

A good reply by Sarri. Hopefully some will take that in and understand - Sarri's way of football requires movement from everyone. That's how you play one-touch football in an exciting way while creating lots of problems for the opposition. 

If you have the ball as much as Jorginho with no one to pass on touch, then it becomes an almost impossible task. 

If peope think Sarri wants to play this slow unexciting stuff then they're mistaken. He wants the opposite but the players aren't able/can't be arsed.