• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Mourinhos stock is lower than an oxo cube in a mine shaft at the minute .

Maybe, but you can bet your house on him being in the winners' circle again. Whether, or not, it's at Chelsea is another thing. But the guy is a winner, and few could/would argue with that, surely? 

kev61   
4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

At Chelsea there is always a sense of inevitability in the air;) 

Well if we do sack Sarri JM is quite clearly, no hands down, the best option available. 

I'd love that to happen only to see Blue Rod go mental. Would provide me with entertainment for the next few months at least. 

You have to be the biggest tit that ever disgraced this forum - sorry Michael please block him for me.

Ham   
11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You have to be the biggest tit that ever disgraced this forum - sorry Michael please block him for me.

Come on Kev.  We're all Chelsea fans. Don't make this so personal. It's just different opinions. 

From another topic it's clear you've had a really bad week. 

Chill brother. 

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Come on Kev.  We're all Chelsea fans. Don't make this so personal. It's just different opinions. 

Chill brother. 

This. Well said, mate.

kev61   
4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Chill brother. 

Always the nice guy ham I salute you sir.I have no regrets what I say about the people that chip away at every opportunity to come together and try to take the piss out of people that know more about football than than their silly littlle cabal.

Ham   
1 minute ago, kev61 said:

Always the nice guy ham I salute you sir.I have no regrets what I say about the people that chip away at every opportunity to come together and try to take the piss out of people that know more about football than than their silly littlle cabal.

Ok but read these back tomorrow and see if you still feel the same. 

It really is just football.  It doesn't define us as people.

kev61   

There you go you assume I am drunk - I know what defines people more than you know -_so learn from a master.

kratos   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Maybe, but you can bet your house on him being in the winners' circle again. Whether, or not, it's at Chelsea is another thing. But the guy is a winner, and few could/would argue with that, surely? 

I will never doubt JM is a winner but since he went to UTD that bitter, rigid and stubborn side of him completely took over and you could see the United players looked lost and confused every time they took to the field.

OGS is doing well with them but having that dark cloud removed has made a big difference.

JM will always have a special place to me for all he achieved here but I think he needs a long break from football because right now he comes off as hating it.

1 hour ago, kratos said:

I think he needs a long break from football because right now he comes off as hating it.

Mate, whatever you or I may think, I seriously doubt that Jose sees it that way! And with Roman and Marina, anything is possible........:).

xCELERYx   

Quite frankly this is what happens when you hire an inferior manager who is very much the definition of a one trick pony. Never rated Sarri from the very beginning having watched enough of him over the years in Italian football. Too many couldn't look beyond the aesthetically pleasing nature of his Napoli side though, which left a number of other important factors ignored. There were reg flags before he was even hired - self inflicted small squad, no rotation, choked and blew a chance of winning Serie A last season, etc -  but those were ignored because of the possibility of "Sarriball" (God, I hate that term and cringe that I've had to use it). 

Sarri also did a great job of selling himself to Chelsea when Napoli casted him aside for Ancelotti. At 60 years old his stock had never been higher, this was his real one and only chance of managing one of the big boys in the world. He eventually got his wish and he's completely shown just how out of his depth is really is in a far more competitive league. 

There is no world in which he succeeds at the top level. No manager can be as inflexible, stubborn and self-sabotaging as Sarri is and walks away with success. Managers need to be flexible, they need to have the ability to adapt their ideas to the circumstances on hand. They've got to understand their environment and make the best of it as they can. Essentially everything Sarri doesn't do. 

Sure, the playing group have a lot to answer for themselves no doubt about it. There needs to be a significant review and clear out in the summer, with a number stealing a living based on their reputation alone. Sarri though is ultimately responsible for a lot of the mess we're in. He's the one selecting the same teams, the same players, going out there with the same plan each and every week. He's made us predictable beyond belief. He's taken a number of players and chosen to utilise them in a system/roles that don't extract the best from, while also exposing their shortcomings further.

Last season a huge portion pissed and moaned about how Conte opted to play Man City but he knew that we weren't good enough to go toe to toe with them. Playing defensively in an attempt to nullify them at least gave us a chance of nicking something if we kept ourselves in touching distance. Sarri on the other hand tried to do it his way and we got absolutely mauled, leaving the game effectively over after 25 minutes. If Sarri does somehow stay on beyond this game then this result needs to be used as a point of self reflection. He can't continue to ignore that he's a big part of the problem and we'll never improve until that's addressed.