• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Appoint Maurizio Sarri as Head Coach

14 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Can't see Zola working out. Needs to be someone with a fresh point of view. We're not asking for much. Someone to massage the players egos but play to their strengths. Who'd have thought it would be so hard.

For me the advantage of Zola is he is not new here and we need somebody now and my preference would be someone not new to the club. I might even risk JT in the role. It also needs to be someone who accepts they are filling in for now. We can't be without a rudder for too long as all hope will be lost in 8 days.

Maybe the permanent future is a Lamps JT double act, I would be happy to see it tried as much as happy to see our youth players getting a look in.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Whoever comes in to replace Sarri, will he be given more than six months before the vast majority on here turn against him?

What happens if the new man gets one outfield signing this summer and one loan purchase? Will it all be his fault?

Do we just give each manager 6 months and then if it's not good enough just sack him and move onto the next one?

People moan that someone like Zidane would be mad to come here because of the board, he'd also be mad to come here because if it doesn't work within 6 months most fans will want him sacked.

It comes down to the same problem for me, if the club decide the signings without manager input none of them will survive long as they wont have the tools they need for the job their doing.

chara   

There are some on here who's ability to break down games tactically leaves me in awe. I think all here have watched played and followed  the game long enough to understand what's going on instinctively even if we can't express ourselves as well technically as the aforementioned tacticians.

Differences of opinions regarding various players and coaches  specifically at Chelsea but in general in the EPL and other leagues is normal and makes for interesting discussions and is part of forums such as ours.

I do not get involved in some of the more "aggressive" discussions as I prefer to keep any confrontational situations confined to real life important issues but I do not resent the "infighting" that some here relish just not my way here.

What I'm leading up to is that for all the discussions ref. "sarriball"..it's the players inability its Sarri's inflexibility..give him time /different players and on and on..the point is all the players involved are long term pro's and have been around long enough to grasp any tactics put to them....face it.."sarriball" IS being played but does not work on a regular basis in the EPL due to high level of application by coaches and players who by now have worked out the way to neutralize the system and nothing changes to present much of a problem to the better sides in the EPL.

Remember when AVB was working under Jose and presented players with reams of paper laying out details of opposing players..I remember reading that most players just threw the reports in the trash. Take any say full back in the EPL. Bertrand at Soton for example...after playing in the EPL do you really think he needs to be told how Sterling Hazard  and any player he faces regularily play?

Change the players for Sarri and the same conclusion will occur..it's not a system to change the EPL anymore than Conte's back three system will last over a period of time..it's a flexible game graced by individuals who can lift us to our feet with outrageous moments of skill and make any system look silly.

We do not have a good coach let down by players..we have good players not given leadership that works from the coach.... the job of a coach is to present successful results on the pitch..once excuses are sought to explain failure then the man is finished however good a track record he may have.

By this time next week we may be out of all cup competitions with nothing to show for the season..relegation will not be an issue but unless a new path is chosen soon Chelsea will be lost back in the pack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chara said:

There are some on here who's ability to break down games tactically leaves me in awe. I think all here have watched played and followed  the game long enough to understand what's going on instinctively even if we can't express ourselves as well technically as the aforementioned tacticians.

Differences of opinions regarding various players and coaches  specifically at Chelsea but in general in the EPL and other leagues is normal and makes for interesting discussions and is part of forums such as ours.

I do not get involved in some of the more "aggressive" discussions as I prefer to keep any confrontational situations confined to real life important issues but I do not resent the "infighting" that some here relish just not my way here.

What I'm leading up to is that for all the discussions ref. "sarriball"..it's the players inability its Sarri's inflexibility..give him time /different players and on and on..the point is all the players involved are long term pro's and have been around long enough to grasp any tactics put to them....face it.."sarriball" IS being played but does not work on a regular basis in the EPL due to high level of application by coaches and players who by now have worked out the way to neutralize the system and nothing changes to present much of a problem to the better sides in the EPL.

Remember when AVB was working under Jose and presented players with reams of paper laying out details of opposing players..I remember reading that most players just threw the reports in the trash. Take any say full back in the EPL. Bertrand at Soton for example...after playing in the EPL do you really think he needs to be told how Sterling Hazard  and any player he faces regularily play?

Change the players for Sarri and the same conclusion will occur..it's not a system to change the EPL anymore than Conte's back three system will last over a period of time..it's a flexible game graced by individuals who can lift us to our feet with outrageous moments of skill and make any system look silly.

We do not have a good coach let down by players..we have good players not given leadership that works from the coach.... the job of a coach is to present successful results on the pitch..once excuses are sought to explain failure then the man is finished however good a track record he may have.

By this time next week we may be out of all cup competitions with nothing to show for the season..relegation will not be an issue but unless a new path is chosen soon Chelsea will be lost back in the pack.

all the way,

a good coach is one that can adapt his team and be unpredictable.  Pep and city are the exception, I dont rate him as a great coach I think he has had a very charmed coaching career where he is able to change games by sending on highly priced and experienced players for any position who bring with them the ability and understanding to change games and his biggest strength is letting them do so.

What on earth does Sarri spend all his time writing certainly isn't tips on changing a  game- I suspect he writes points where players didn't do as he wanted.

kev61   
2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

all the way,

a good coach is one that can adapt his team and be unpredictable.  Pep and city are the exception, I dont rate him as a great coach I think he has had a very charmed coaching career where he is able to change games by sending on highly priced and experienced players for any position who bring with them the ability and understanding to change games and his biggest strength is letting them do so.

What on earth does Sarri spend all his time writing certainly isn't tips on changing a  game- I suspect he writes points where players didn't do as he wanted.

The thing is Jorginho is the elephant in the room, how can you continually play someone that looks like a cucumber sandwich at a barbeque?! says it all for me with Sarri.

kev61   
4 hours ago, chara said:

Yes indeed his tactics are like  putting sunbeds out in a hotel on the Shetland isles and waiting for the sun to shine!

Edited by kev61

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

all the way,

While I am no fan of Pep myself I do have to give him some credit for the way he has adapted his system across three clubs. His teams at Barca, Bayern and Man City are all varied from each other. It hasn't just been a carbon copy that he's tried to push on his respective team. Obviously it helps having managed sides that all have a big upper hand over the rest of the league, but he has adapted as required to his players while still being true to his philosophy of how he wants to play. 

Klopp has done similar with Liverpool. His desire to play a particular style has remained from his time at Dortmund, yet he's adapted where needed to the players he has at Liverpool to make sure the system functions. 

Sarri on the other hand has taken a direct copy of what he did with Napoli and tried to paste it here like for like. No real shock it hasn't worked when there's been zero adjustments made to cater for the players he now has and the style in which English football is played.