• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if he'll try two of the players favourite drills ?

'Lump it forward towards the dwarf'

'Tippy tappy around the giant'

They love those .

Also 'Hit the first man at the corner' , one of their specialities.

He's got his work cut out.

And the other favourite score/set up a goal then go missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Play tiki taka in own half with no pressure from opponent.

Thats going to be his biggest challenge. Reproducing what he did in italy where the opposition mostly dont play anywhere near the speed of their premier league counterparts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

Thats going to be his biggest challenge. Reproducing what he did in italy where the opposition mostly dont play anywhere near the speed of their premier league counterparts.

But quick, forward passing should be effective anywhere though.

I think the issue will become if the players are suited to play that sort of game. If they aren’t and they concede possession too easily, then we are going to be very simple to play against if the opponent presses us.

Fabregas, Jorginho, Kante, Willian and Hazard definitely. Alonso, Moses, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill not so much IMO. Luiz can.... but is he supposed to feature as much in a 4 man back four I am not so sure... 

Guardiola took a very decent side and spent almost half a billion changing it to get that style of play. Are we really able to get that going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But quick, forward passing should be effective anywhere though.

I think the issue will become if the players are suited to play that sort of game. If they aren’t and they concede possession too easily, then we are going to be very simple to play against if the opponent presses us.

Fabregas, Jorginho, Kante, Willian and Hazard definitely. Alonso, Moses, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill not so much IMO. Luiz can.... but is he supposed to feature as much in a 4 man back four I am not so sure... 

Guardiola took a very decent side and spent almost half a billion changing it to get that style of play. Are we really able to get that going?

He did it at Napoli, spending hardly any money, with players that hadn't played that way before. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

He did it at Napoli, spending hardly any money, with players that hadn't played that way before. 

 

 

Just as well , given the lack of action on the incoming player front .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

He did it at Napoli, spending hardly any money, with players that hadn't played that way before. 

 

 

He has stated that at Napoli he was blessed with players who supposedly adapted very easily to his style. 

I’m not saying that it won’t be done at Chelsea, but it’s very difficult to do. Guardiola, for instance, walked into a side that could have played that way - Barcelona. City, well, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But quick, forward passing should be effective anywhere though.

I think the issue will become if the players are suited to play that sort of game. If they aren’t and they concede possession too easily, then we are going to be very simple to play against if the opponent presses us.

Fabregas, Jorginho, Kante, Willian and Hazard definitely. Alonso, Moses, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill not so much IMO. Luiz can.... but is he supposed to feature as much in a 4 man back four I am not so sure... 

Guardiola took a very decent side and spent almost half a billion changing it to get that style of play. Are we really able to get that going?

To be honest, the biggest problem, as identified by the man himself is central midfield. If they do not keep the ball the style is buggered and both Drinkwater and Baka cannot play that style, whilst it is also not the best style of Kante either (although he is so brilliant it probably will not matter). For me, we are probably still 1/2 CM's away from being able to play his proper 433 over the course of a season, as to do that you are looking at needing a midfield like - Kante, Jorginho, SMS, Cesc, Golovin/RLC, Ampadu.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

To be honest, the biggest problem, as identified by the man himself is central midfield. If they do not keep the ball the style is buggered and both Drinkwater and Baka cannot play that style, whilst it is also not the best style of Kante either (although he is so brilliant it probably will not matter). For me, we are probably still 1/2 CM's away from being able to play his proper 433 over the course of a season, as to do that you are looking at needing a midfield like - Kante, Jorginho, SMS, Cesc, Golovin/RLC, Ampadu.

We are much further away than that.  And at least 433 allows you to put a greater of variety of players in there than 523 where they really have to be complete players.

In the end the formation isn't that important, you just need to have players who can beat a man, cross, press, defend, pass and score.  They could play anywhere really, especially in midfield or WBs.  But the players who do these things best usually get the most money and play in the front 3.    If you are really rich like Barca or City you make a front 5 out of them.

We are short of players with a cutting edge, and refusing to call that kind of player an AM doesn't really get you anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.