• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Crap, what happened to Molinari, he was cruising.

Augusta happened to Molinari😉 It’s such an unforgiving golf course and once you make a mistake and a whole raft of high performing golfers are chasing you things can unravel quickly. 

It has happened to far better golfers than Molinari! In 2016 it was Spieth, in 2017 it was Rose. Even last year Reed almost lost a 9 stroke lead to Jordan Spieth before he managed to calm himself. 

It was such a good contest this year. I only had the Liverpool-Chelsea game on in the background. 

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Absolutely 

so at next years masters who will they remember ?

T. Woods

X. Schauffele

D. Johnson

I couldn’t care less. Who cares?

the idea that winning is everything and anyone who doesn’t is nothing is juvenile garbage. There's so much more to factor into the equation. 

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

the idea that winning is everything and anyone who doesn’t is nothing is juvenile garbage. There's so much more to factor into the equation. 

You just summed up the rationale of Australia right there cobber.

xCELERYx   
35 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

In the wise words of racing great Ricky Bobby - "If you ain't first, you're last". 

While winning may not be the be all and end all of it, it's ultimately the main goal. Be it to win an individual match itself or to win whatever other competition that's being participated in. That winning mentality coupled with individual talent is what made us so great during our peak Roman years. 

Much like when I played sport, I don't watch the sides I follow just to see them participate. 

Edited by xCELERYx

6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Absolutely 

so at next years masters who will they remember ?

T. Woods

X. Schauffele

D. Johnson

I'm not sure anyone with a working brain cell cares about golf, do they? Anything that requires Rupert the Bear trousers, a pullover and an over-sized umbrella isn't a sport and should be dismissed as the waste of time fit only for unsavoury characters with no morals (D Trump being a prime example of the typical cheat and liar who find it appealing) it clearly is. And what's with wearing just one glove?

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Anything that requires Rupert the Bear trousers, a pullover and an over-sized umbrella

plus a caddy and about 150 acres which is about 5 football pitches per player.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

And what's with wearing just one glove?

Have you seen the price of those gloves :o0

Alternatively and more likely it’s to do with the funny hand shake club. 

Finally I thought Farah trousers died in the 70’s obviously no one told golfers. 

11 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

In the wise words of racing great Ricky Bobby - "If you ain't first, you're last". 

While winning may not be the be all and end all of it, it's ultimately the main goal. Be it to win an individual match itself or to win whatever other competition that's being participated in. That winning mentality coupled with individual talent is what made us so great during our peak Roman years. 

Much like when I played sport, I don't watch the sides I follow just to see them participate. 

Yes, well with respect to the “wise words” of Mr Bobby, I repeat I think it's nothing more than a juvenile sound bite.

RobtheGiz said that nobody remembers who came second. Well, firstly if we were to come 2nd this year then certainly we, as well as a lot of others, would remember it for sure. Once again I have to say that it's all dependent on context. If Watford were to come 2nd I think they might remember it.

In fact, you know what? I don't think winning the league is all that it's cracked up to be. Once you've won then initially that's great, but it doesn't last long in my opinion. It's such a fleeting period of self-congratulation. The summer break is short and so, very quickly it seems, a new season has kicked off and you're back competing from ground zero with everybody else again. I for one do not spend time once a new season has kicked off looking back on the previous season's triumph. I'm too bound up in the new struggle. OK, so you're the defending champions but hey, that's yesterday's news.

Yeh, I reckon I'm pretty content with being competitive in the top 4 and qualifying for the CL routinely.

Sciatika   
12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

...In fact, you know what? I don't think winning the league is all that it's cracked up to be. Once you've won then initially that's great, but it doesn't last long in my opinion...

Unless Liverpool wins in which case we will be hearing about till 2030. Time to consider that lifetime trip to some remote location, such as a small pothole in Bolivia. Even then I doubt we will get away from their incessant whine.

xCELERYx   
55 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, well with respect to the “wise words” of Mr Bobby, I repeat I think it's nothing more than a juvenile sound bite.

RobtheGiz said that nobody remembers who came second. Well, firstly if we were to come 2nd this year then certainly we, as well as a lot of others, would remember it for sure. Once again I have to say that it's all dependent on context. If Watford were to come 2nd I think they might remember it.

In fact, you know what? I don't think winning the league is all that it's cracked up to be. Once you've won then initially that's great, but it doesn't last long in my opinion. It's such a fleeting period of self-congratulation. The summer break is short and so, very quickly it seems, a new season has kicked off and you're back competing from ground zero with everybody else again. I for one do not spend time once a new season has kicked off looking back on the previous season's triumph. I'm too bound up in the new struggle. OK, so you're the defending champions but hey, that's yesterday's news.

Yeh, I reckon I'm pretty content with being competitive in the top 4 and qualifying for the CL routinely.

Of course there's an element that is dependent on context. If a club like Watford came second, they'd be ecstatic. For a club like us, it's less so. We'd remember it mainly for the CL qualification aspect than anything else. A clubs reputation playing a big factor. 

I think that's where your problem lies then. Winning the league is an important feat and one that should be held in high esteem. The work that goes into achieving that sort of success is one that is generally built on consistency over 38 match day weeks. Success in this area provides the validation of all the hard work and effort put into the daily slog players and staff go through for much of the year. Nothing is sweater than walking away at the end of the season know all that work has paid off. Then once the off-season ends, the challenge of defending that title provides the added motivation to go again - particularly in a competitive league like the PL. 

You're happy seeing us doing the bare minimum to keep things ticking over and that's fine, but not everyone has that mentality.

Edited by xCELERYx