• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

JaneB   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Sorry for snipping but this was the only part that had me confused.

Me too. I thought snipping was something men had done when they had enough children 😩

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Me too. I thought snipping was something men had done when they had enough children 😩

Yikes 😬

• Haha 1

Sciatika   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I suspect the website automatically replaces the word fool with cult.

And then assumes it's a typo and bans it.

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

...........Steve Holland is assistant manager of England. 

And would fit the role of manager here very well in my opinion. Knows the club, the people in charge, would need a ‘Steve Holland’ as an intermediary - JT? 

Won most things as an assistant/coach with us as well. I had the feeling he was the tactics behind the Di Matteo CL win. Robbie did the emotional motivation.

If he’s able to make the transition to the top job, he’s the ideal candidate. 

Sciatika   
10 hours ago, East Lower said:

... I had the feeling he was the tactics behind the Di Matteo CL win. Robbie did the emotional motivation...

And Eddie.

bONes   

Sarri did achieve the objective of qualifying for the CL. That's all that he was asked for by both fans and the board. 

Just like it doesn't matter that we won CL on penalties or in any other way - we WON, in the same way it doesn't matter how other teams did - we finished third.

To sack him now would be a lunacy, he deserves full pre season and one more chance to prove his full potential. Also I think in the recent years Guardiola, Zizou and other top top managers are avoiding Chelsea because of our board/owner - sacking a manager who was achieved his objective would not help.

Knowing Roman the sack would not be a surprise though.

Edited by bONes

Flinkers   

The Sunday Supplement suggested Emma Hayes as a potential candidate over the weekend.

I'd be intrigued how she'd go - ticks most of the boxes people are after for our manager...

1 hour ago, Flinkers said:

I'd be intrigued how she'd go - ticks most of the boxes people are after for our manager...

Oh please.  Women's football is barely a competitive sport.  It doesn't compare with Mens sport, it doesn't compare with boys U16 sport.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

Australia’s women’s football team are ranked the fifth best side in world football. So how did they lose 7-0 to a collection of 15-year-old boys?

Flinkers   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh please.  Women's football is barely a competitive sport.  It doesn't compare with Mens sport, it doesn't compare with boys U16 sport.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

None of which is relevant to her ability to coach/manage the men's team.

Hayes wouldn't be coaching women against 15 year olds with all her foreign-based players missing - she'd be coaching men against men, on a level playing field.

She's been successful against her competitors in league and cup football, plays an attractive style, builds teams well and is tactically flexible. She's also been in the job for over 6 years which has got to make her one of the longest serving management staff at the club. These are things we look for as translatable skills in foreign managers, who have never coached senior football in England. Why not her?

Edited by Flinkers

3 hours ago, Flinkers said:

The Sunday Supplement suggested Emma Hayes as a potential candidate over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

With the risk of infuriating some of our female members...but that was the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard. 

We are a long way off from having a female manager at the very top of mens football. Most likely several decades away if ever. Like Droy says womens football is comparable to U-16 boys and below. I remember us playing the first female team that played in the highest division and we spanked them 8-0 when we were 14. 

It's barely the same sport.