• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Who would everyone like to see here? Realistic options only.

Allegri says he is having a year off, can't think of anyone else with pedigree who hasn't already been our manager or isn't already managing a better project.

If we are going to persist with possession football and take the ban this summer then Ten Hag fits the bill of having that philosophy and using younger players. Issue with that is Sarri ball didn't work out too well with the current squad, and Ajax have that style of play ingrained in the youth teams and we don't.

Otherwise we are looking at fairly second rate counter attacking managers. We've been linked with Rangnick but I honestly haven't got a clue about him or his style of football.

JaneB   
23 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

According to this article he only had a one year contract and rejected an ambassador role. I don't have access to the orginal Times article to see what, if any, their source is.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/06/14/gianfranco-zola-rejects-chelsea-ambassadorial-role-set-to-leave-club/424405/

Another article said The Times speculated he could join Sarri at Juve.

That makes me very sad 😢

Ralf Rangnick? 🤣 Another name I had to look up. 

8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Nuno

I'm quite surprised by this given his propensity for a counter attacking 5 at the back formation and your disdain for the same. The results are good though.

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sounds like a character from a comic strip!

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Sounds like a character from a comic strip!

Great name isn't it?

Steve Holland.

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Great name isn't it?

Steve Holland.

Best suggestion so far, although I'd like to have kept Sarri really. We'd been through the hardest part of the transition and were looking much better at the end of the season.

Having done that it would have made sense to reap the benefit of going through that pain for me. Instead we're flapping around looking at alternatives, none of whom are clear cut and all of whom come with question marks over their name.

59 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

According to this article he only had a one year contract and rejected an ambassador role. I don't have access to the orginal Times article to see what, if any, their source is.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/06/14/gianfranco-zola-rejects-chelsea-ambassadorial-role-set-to-leave-club/424405/

Another article said The Times speculated he could join Sarri at Juve.

Now you mention it, I vaguely remember reading something about him turning down an ambassador role. Clearly he believes his managerial/coaching ability to be better than they are, which is a shame. Not every great player is cut out to be a coach or manager.

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

That makes me very sad 😢

I'm sure he was a character in series 3 of Vikings! 😉

28 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Allegri says he is having a year off, can't think of anyone else with pedigree who hasn't already been our manager or isn't already managing a better project.

If we are going to persist with possession football and take the ban this summer then Ten Hag fits the bill of having that philosophy and using younger players. Issue with that is Sarri ball didn't work out too well with the current squad, and Ajax have that style of play ingrained in the youth teams and we don't.

Otherwise we are looking at fairly second rate counter attacking managers. We've been linked with Rangnick but I honestly haven't got a clue about him or his style of football.

Thought we might go for Nuno as a ‘best of the rest’ option. Did well on limited resources at Wolves. Thought he might get a couple of seasons while Lampard learns his trade. But is hardly an inspiring choice. Other contenders like Blanc or Deschamps seem like yesterday's men. Everything points to Lampard now. It's a leap in the dark considering his lack of experience. I dread what will happen if results don't go for us in a post-Hazard season.

40 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Realistic options are few and far between with Frank probably the best of those.