• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

JaneB   
17 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm sure he was a character in series 3 of Vikings! 😉

More than likely!

Rob B   

Am I the only one absolutely ecstatic at the prospect of SFL coming home?

I’m literally like a kid at Christmas! The bloke can do no wrong in my eyes.

For me, we are miles behind Man City and Liverpool, with a possible transfer ban and have just lost our best player.... so yes, Nuno or Ten Hag might be more experienced managers today, but so what?   We finish 7th as opposed to 5th?? I’d happily take a lower place finish to have someone I feel a connection with.

In fact I’d go one further and say I’d even have Frank back here if it meant we finished outside the top 4 for the next 2 or 3 seasons - controversial, and I know I get stick for it, but there’s more to football than just trophies and I’m fine if it means  having him here whilst he develops as a manager. 

Lamps is a likeable, intelligent guy so could really see him stabilising all parts of the club, including the backroom team, academy, training ground staff etc,  re-form that bond with the fans, and with the support of Big Pete, setting the foundations to properly compete again in 2022 (ish) and beyond. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Look at it this way, if he gets the job and wins nothing he will have still equalled the achievements of Pochetinno at Spurs and he's apparently the best manager in the World. 

Who on earth is claiming Pochettino to be the best in the world? 

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’m literally like a kid at Christmas! The bloke can do no wrong in my eyes.

For me, we are miles behind Man City and Liverpool, with a possible transfer ban and have just lost our best player.... so yes, Nuno or Ten Hag might be more experienced managers today, but so what?   We finish 7th as opposed to 5th?? I’d happily take a lower place finish to have someone I feel a connection with.

In fact I’d go one further and say I’d even have Frank back here if it meant we finished outside the top 4 for the next 2 or 3 seasons - controversial, and I know I get stick for it, but there’s more to football than just trophies and I’m fine if it means  having him here whilst he develops as a manager. 

Lamps is a likeable, intelligent guy so could really see him stabilising all parts of the club, including the backroom team, academy, training ground staff etc,  re-form that bond with the fans, and with the support of Big Pete, setting the foundations to properly compete again in 2022 (ish) and beyond. 

Yes - Id be happy to have Lampard back and have a few years doing less than well while he rebuilds the squad and back room end of the club. 

But we all know that the chance of him getting sufficient time on the job is zero. If we’d miss out on a EL place he’s gone. What have we accomplished then? Sweet **** all. Perhaps ensured he’ll never get a chance to manage us again. 

No. Hiring Lamps now is MADNESS. It’ll end in tears, 100%. 

Leo91   

Can we not tempt Leonardo Jardim ?

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Who on earth is claiming Pochettino to be the best in the world? 

Yes - Id be happy to have Lampard back and have a few years doing less than well while he rebuilds the squad and back room end of the club. 

But we all know that the chance of him getting sufficient time on the job is zero. If we’d miss out on a EL place he’s gone. What have we accomplished then? Sweet **** all. Perhaps ensured he’ll never get a chance to manage us again. 

No. Hiring Lamps now is MADNESS. It’ll end in tears, 100%. 

1- spurs supporters 

2- who'd you want then Ghostie ?

43 minutes ago, Rob B said:

We finish 7th as opposed to 5th?? I’d happily take a lower place finish to have someone I feel a connection with if we finished outside the top 4 for the next 2 or 3 seasons

If the latter is true then the former is totally understandable. However I don't think many, particularly the board, would be happy with the latter, also totally understandabley, so it would be doomed to failure.

For me if Frank comes Steve Holland has to be No 2, but he's already left that position under far more illustrious managers so I don't see it happening. Then again he is working under Southgate whonis devoid of a personality!

47 minutes ago, Rob B said:

We finish 7th as opposed to 5th

7th instead of 3rd, where we just finished, is a lot different in terms of the clubs overall health.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm sure he was a character in series 3 of Vikings! 😉

My old man loves Vikings (the TV show) and has no interest in sports, so if I can convince him that's true might even get him to watch a game.

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Blanc or Deschamps seem like yesterday's men. 

Blanc is 4/5 years ago man, but didn't Deschamps just win the world cup?! can't see him leaving that gig.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'd like to have kept Sarri really. We'd been through the hardest part of the transition and were looking much better at the end of the season.

I think most would agree looking at the alternatives, however I think the exit is entirely Sarri lead due to it being Juve.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

1- spurs supporters 

2- who'd you want then Ghostie ?

1. 😂 

2. Don’t know, out of the names mentioned so far I’d go with Erik ten Hag or Nuno. 

Edit: but I was the owner of Chelsea I’d sign up Lampard and give him a 10 year contract with an accompanying brief. 

Edited by The_Ghost

Derby will demand £4m in compensation if Chelsea are to take Frank Lampard as their new manager, Sky Sports News understands

22 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

1. 😂 

2. Don’t know, out of the names mentioned so far I’d go with Erik ten Hag or Nuno. 

Edit: but I was the owner of Chelsea I’d sign up Lampard and give him a 10 year contract with an accompanying brief. 

I think the board would like either but Ten Haag wants to stay put and we can't afford Nuno . I think SFL gets it by default almost . I think he'll do fine personally.

Edited by Mark Kelly