• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the board would like either but Ten Haag wants to stay put and we can't afford Nuno . I think SFL gets it by default almost . I think he'll do fine personally.

It's hard to predict who this board would want, or could afford. Who would have thought that we'd end up with Sarri this season? Seriously? Frank is as good a guess as any right now, but he may not want the job at this stage of his management career. He should probably consult Robbie......:).

Holymoly   
23 hours ago, paulw66 said:

FSW

He was "the Interim" with just a one year contract so doesn't really count....or maybe they should all be classified as interims.

Holymoly   

While I would love to see Frank back here building a youth based squad we need to realise that even taking the lack of transfer opportunities into account the club has to retain European football in order not to run foul of FFP regulations. As such his job security wouldn't be assured even in the most understanding environment. Employing SFL as manager is a huge risk for both him and the club. Carpe diem I say. We need to pull the squad together so that they play as more than just a collection of talented individuals.

Hard to dislike Sarri, but equally hard to like him. I just can’t accept a “one way to play” tactical philosophy; it’s facile and intellectually destitute. Having had a short career he is already something of a dinosaur. There is also something a bit distasteful about his treatment of good, honest pros, not to mention legitimate club resources at the club. 

Maybe I am starting to dislike him.

Ham   

Apparently Sarri felt "violated" by jeers from fans during the spell where we lost 12-0 on aggregate in three games.

Seriously man..... If your team doesn't get jeered that particular week then when?

Glad to see the back of him.  No accountability. 

Screenshot_20190615-133439_Samsung Internet.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Apparently Sarri felt "violated" by jeers from fans during the spell where we lost 12-0 on aggregate in three games.

Seriously man..... If your team doesn't get jeered that particular week then when?

Glad to see the back of him.  No accountability. 

Screenshot_20190615-133439_Samsung Internet.jpg

The fans reaction to Sarri has been nothing but disgraceful. 

There are still a very large section of fans who wants rid of him. Of course he’ll jump at the chance to go back to Italy and manager Juve. It’s a no-brainier from his perspective. 

31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

There are still a very large section of fans who wants rid of him. Of course he’ll jump at the chance to go back to Italy and manager Juve. It’s a no-brainier from his perspective. 

We're you cheering him on as we shipped TWELVE goals without reply ?

I'd be flabbergasted if you were .

You pay your money and you can say what you like within the bounds of common decency , F**k Sarriball is nothing in the scheme of things.

That large selection of fans who want rid of him are allowed to you know .

I didn't want Conte to go but off he went , that's life my friend .

Anyway , the entire article is a fabrication from someone being paid for "one thousand words on Sarri".

Ham   
40 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I thought the fans reaction was entirely appropriate at a point in time.  

Kezza   

Whenever the team plays badly it's always the manager's fault. Nothing to do with the crappy players.

44 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

If I was being paid £3 million a year I sure my skin is thick enough to ignore the jeers from the crowd. 

Juve offer if true was an easy out. Let’s be honest after winning his first trophy you would have thought he would of had some allegiance to the club and stuck around regardless of the transfer ban.