• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

JaneB   
33 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Whenever the team plays badly it's always the manager's fault. Nothing to do with the crappy players.

It was ever thus though...

I reckon Sarri would have been more than happy to stay had the Juve job not become available, I think the 'toxic atmosphere' we keep reading about has been over egged so the blame for him leaving can be laid at our door.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I reckon Sarri would have been more than happy to stay had the Juve job not become available, I think the 'toxic atmosphere' we keep reading about has been over egged so the blame for him leaving can be laid at our door.

This.

It's cobblers so they can pin the blame on the supporters they hate.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're you cheering him on as we shipped TWELVE goals without reply ?

I'd be flabbergasted if you were .

You pay your money and you can say what you like within the bounds of common decency , F**k Sarriball is nothing in the scheme of things.

That large selection of fans who want rid of him are allowed to you know .

I didn't want Conte to go but off he went , that's life my friend .

Anyway , the entire article is a fabrication from someone being paid for "one thousand words on Sarri".

It wasn’t just the three games and you very well known it. He’s been ridiculed since October to April. 

Undeservedly I might add. 

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

If I was being paid £3 million a year I sure my skin is thick enough to ignore the jeers from the crowd. 

Juve offer if true was an easy out. Let’s be honest after winning his first trophy you would have thought he would of had some allegiance to the club and stuck around regardless of the transfer ban. 

Why would he waste his last manager years on a bunch like us? I sure as hell wouldn’t. Our fans utterly unreasonable, owner more fickle than the fans, transfer ban and a **** squad. 

It’s a no-brainer. 

JaneB   
55 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It wasn’t just the three games and you very well known it. He’s been ridiculed since October to April. 

Why would he waste his last manager years on a bunch like us? I sure as hell wouldn’t. Our fans utterly unreasonable, owner more fickle than the fans, transfer ban and a **** squad. 

It’s a no-brainer. 

What a cheery soul you are and don't tar us all with the same brush. 

Respect works both ways and he never tried to engage with the supporters. As charismatic as a cold rice pudding and at some points in the season about as much use as one. The fit was all wrong.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

It’s a no-brainer. 

Firstly , why are you so het up about something totally beyond your control?

I wanted Conte to stay and get rid of the idiots who couldn't be doing with hard work and to build a dynasty of winners but nobody gives a rats ass what I want .

Same with the Sarri out mob , nobody at the club gives two hoots what they think , if their displeasure had anything to do with it I'd be amazed .

The club in all probability didn't enjoy the rotten football , the anger of the players he marginalised and his reticence to play the youth players and were cock-a-hoop when Juventus came calling after his disgraceful non show for any of the contractually obligated functions tied in with the trip just before the Europa league finals .

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

What a cheery soul you are and don't tar us all with the same brush. 

Respect works both ways and he never tried to engage with the supporters. As charismatic as a cold rice pudding and at some points in the season about as much use as one. The fit was all wrong.

Engage with the fans? He’s hired to win games, not chatting with the regulars and making you feel all warm and fuzzy.

How did Conte engage with the fans? Waved a bit and ran around like a crazy person. Then secretly pissed all over us showing absolute zero respect or class towards us or the club. 

Besides weren’t you crying before Sarri even signed because of a situation in Italy involving a female journalist? 

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Firstly , why are you so het up about something totally beyond your control?

I wanted Conte to stay and get rid of the idiots who couldn't be doing with hard work and to build a dynasty of winners but nobody gives a rats ass what I want .

Same with the Sarri out mob , nobody at the club gives two hoots what they think , if their displeasure had anything to do with it I'd be amazed .

The club in all probability didn't enjoy the rotten football , the anger of the players he marginalised and his reticence to play the youth players and were cock-a-hoop when Juventus came calling after his disgraceful non show for any of the contractually obligated functions tied in with the trip just before the Europa league finals .

He didn’t marginalise players - Danny Drinkwater and Cahill? Neither were good enough to play and was told so by Sarri. They chose to stay, not his fault. Also, not playing youth players? Which Chelsea I’m recent times has a better track record vs Sarri? 

We are talking about Sarri leaving us, not us getting rid of him. From his perspective it’s an absolute no-brainier to leave the madhouse of Chelsea and join Juve. He’s at the tail end of his managerial career and I’d wager he’d like to have a chance at some silverware to add to the EL title. But the discussion started with the behaviour of our fans and that my friend has been absolutely shocking.

I went to Cardiff away and the atmosphere was poisonous, almost worse than the vitriol against Rafa. Completely uncalled for - he did not deserve that and the knobheads in the stands pouring vitriol over a Chelsea manager doing his best to be successful is ****ing shameful. And it wasn’t a small group - it was at least 30% of the fans being there. I feel ashamed to be supporting the same club as them. Is this what we have become? If so, take us back to bottom half with some proper fans every day of the week. Shocked anyone would try to stand up and excuse such behaviour and then cry about Sarri leaving us for it. Of course he’d do, he’d be mad not to given the alternative.

Ham   
14 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Engage with the fans? He’s hired to win games, not chatting with the regulars and making you feel all warm and fuzzy.

How did Conte engage with the fans? Waved a bit and ran around like a crazy person. Then secretly pissed all over us showing absolute zero respect or class towards us or the club. 

Besides weren’t you crying before Sarri even signed because of a situation in Italy involving a female journalist? 

He didn’t marginalise players - Danny Drinkwater and Cahill? Neither were good enough to play and was told so by Sarri. They chose to stay, not his fault. Also, not playing youth players? Which Chelsea I’m recent times has a better track record vs Sarri? 

We are talking about Sarri leaving us, not us getting rid of him. From his perspective it’s an absolute no-brainier to leave the madhouse of Chelsea and join Juve. He’s at the tail end of his managerial career and I’d wager he’d like to have a chance at some silverware to add to the EL title. But the discussion started with the behaviour of our fans and that my friend has been absolutely shocking.

I went to Cardiff away and the atmosphere was poisonous, almost worse than the vitriol against Rafa. Completely uncalled for - he did not deserve that and the knobheads in the stands pouring vitriol over a Chelsea manager doing his best to be successful is ****ing shameful. And it wasn’t a small group - it was at least 30% of the fans being there. I feel ashamed to be supporting the same club as them. Is this what we have become? If so, take us back to bottom half with some proper fans every day of the week. Shocked anyone would try to stand up and excuse such behaviour and then cry about Sarri leaving us for it. Of course he’d do, he’d be mad not to given the alternative.

No room for other opinions with you are there? 

A sizeable group of our fanbase didn't rate him so they're shameful and wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

No room for other opinions with you are there? 

A sizeable group of our fanbase didn't rate him so they're shameful and wrong. 

He only wants "proper" fans .

Proper with proper opinions .

Proper , you know , the same as his .

41 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Shocked anyone would try to stand up and excuse such behaviour and then cry about Sarri leaving us for it.

From what I've read very few people think he is leaving because of the flack he got from the fans at a couple of games, and you're the only one crying about it. Do you think he was so offended that he would have left us anyway if the Juve job didn't come up?

Unfortunately it happens a lot these days - Mourinho and United were booed this season, Real Madrid fans boo pretty much everyone even when winning. Emery was booed this season now if he was to leave Arsenal to take the Tukish national job it would be because it was the dream job for any Turk, not because Arsenal fans booed one of his substitutions. Same with Sarri and Juve, before that was announced as being available he was super keen to stay. Even if our fans had sung his name a la Antonio, didn't have the transfer ban etc etc he still would have wanted to take the Juve job.

• Like 1