• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

JaneB   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Engage with the fans? He’s hired to win games, not chatting with the regulars and making you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Oh don't be ridiculous.

How did Conte engage with the fans? Waved a bit and ran around like a crazy person. Then secretly pissed all over us showing absolute zero respect or class towards us or the club. 

Besides weren’t you crying before Sarri even signed because of a situation in Italy involving a female journalist? 

I wasn't 'crying' about anything.  I expressed misgivings about certain remarks he'd made, including to a female journalist.

7 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Why would he waste his last manager years on a bunch like us? I sure as hell wouldn’t. Our fans utterly unreasonable, owner more fickle than the fans, transfer ban and a **** squad. 

It’s a no-brainer. 

Really?

sarri bottled it.

If sarri leaves it is going to be interesting to see what kind of love in he will get with the Juve fans. I believe he is Juve’s fans version of “tubby”.

Sarri will go to a club that is used to leading from the front and winning at a canter. Could be interesting of the juve fans if a certain manager in Milan gets his nose in front and leads the pack?

7 hours ago, Ham said:

No room for other opinions with you are there? 

A sizeable group of our fanbase didn't rate him so they're shameful and wrong. 

Not rating someone is one thing, behaving like some of our fans did is inexcusable.

I don’t care if you like Sarri or not, but I do care if you boo him, call him names and behave like a dick. It reflects poorly on all Chelsea fans. It’s not hard Ham or did you bully everyone you didn’t like at school? 

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He only wants "proper" fans .

Proper with proper opinions .

Proper , you know , the same as his .

No. Proper as in supporting the team, the players and the manager. The opinions I don’t care about.

7 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

From what I've read very few people think he is leaving because of the flack he got from the fans at a couple of games, and you're the only one crying about it. Do you think he was so offended that he would have left us anyway if the Juve job didn't come up?

Unfortunately it happens a lot these days - Mourinho and United were booed this season, Real Madrid fans boo pretty much everyone even when winning. Emery was booed this season now if he was to leave Arsenal to take the Tukish national job it would be because it was the dream job for any Turk, not because Arsenal fans booed one of his substitutions. Same with Sarri and Juve, before that was announced as being available he was super keen to stay. Even if our fans had sung his name a la Antonio, didn't have the transfer ban etc etc he still would have wanted to take the Juve job.

I don’t buy that. The mentality towards him has been off all season. Sure, he’s not leaving just because of that like I said. Our squad is in an absolute shambles, transfer ban, star players ageing with an owner who isn’t exactly known to be willing to give managers time.

But I do believe the shameful behaviour of a large section of our fans played a role, yes. 

The examples you also bring up aren’t even comparable to what happened with Sarri. Every one gets a boo from someone. But this was so much more than just a few drunk fans booing one bad result. 

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

1. Oh don’t be ridiculous. 

2.I wasn't 'crying' about anything.  I expressed misgivings about certain remarks he'd made, including to a female journalist.

1. You’re right, I’m ridiculous for being more bothered with our manager winning games than “engaging with the fans”. 

2. Yes you were, you were so incensed about it all you stated on numerous occasions you didn’t want him here because of it. A situation you knew nothing about no less. 

Ham   
4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Not rating someone is one thing, behaving like some of our fans did is inexcusable.

I don’t care if you like Sarri or not, but I do care if you boo him, call him names and behave like a dick. It reflects poorly on all Chelsea fans. It’s not hard Ham or did you bully everyone you didn’t like at school? 

Great logic. 

• Like 1

chelboy   

I think deep down Sarri knows that he can’t play Sarriball with these players. Even if the Juve job had not come I think he would have walked. It would have been interesting to know his transfer targets. I am not sure I can see the board backing deals for Higauin, Barella and Insigne. I would not be surprised if we went for Rugani again. Thank god that transfer never happened. This is also where Sarri probably thought there is no point staying. The board would have looked at his targets and probably would have seen £250M+ on players they are not convinced to buy. 

Not sure I can trust Sarri with a big budget if I am honest. The Piatek-Higuain thing just looks very stupid now. We practically gave Milan a better deal by taking a liability of their hands when we could have probably got one off the best bargains of the decade. Sometimes we blame the board for not backing the manager but some of these transfers would be a disaster if they happened. Good thing we pulled out of the Rugani deal and never bought Higuain permanently. I could see us losing out on more quality players just so that we can get people that “ fit the system ”. That is what worries me about rigid systems. Pretty sure if Sarri had the choice right now he would still pick Higuain over Piatek. 

Zola leaving in July

Sky Sports News on Twitter BREAKING Chelsea assistant coach Gianfranco Zola is to leave the club when[...].jpg