• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

No. Proper as in supporting the team, the players and the manager. 

I think he got great support the majority of the time he was here. He was warmly welcomed with much love and expectation...pretty good for a guy who had spent 20 years as a coach without winning anything. His name was chanted and even through a rough period (turn of the year period) he was given much support on the terraces and on these pages ( not by me I should add but by most).  But at some point things did start to turn cumulating in the Cardiff game where the rumour is he decided he no longer wanted to be at this club. 

But in retrospect I would say this about those away Cardiff fans....good on ya. You had got up at 4am to cross the country to watch and cheer on your team. You were greeted with the same dross , the same stubborness, the same insipidness, the same inflexibility, the same formation, the same subs and what looked like another defeat from a terrible team ( but take a bow the lino). These are probably many of the same fans who partook in a 5000 mile round trip to EL final. God bless you boys and girls. Now if you want to boo this dross , I won't support you but I will understand you. And If this snowflake of a manager can't understand that frustration he could benefit from someone coaching HIM on human psychology. 

I would also say this. This reaction may have been the moment he decided to change his stance a bit on tactics, players and formations because that's about the time it happened. Maybe top 4 was enabled by this light bulb moment. And  If this echo of booing has made Sarri quit at the end of the season then it has saved this club an awful lot of money in compensation. I must say it makes a change for us to receive compo rather than paying off huge sums to ex coaches. So yes, in retrospect, thank you away fans for top four and thank you for a net plus 10 mill in the bank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Holymoly   
22 hours ago, Kezza said:

Whenever the team plays badly it's always the manager's fault. Nothing to do with the crappy players.

No, we knew it was the crappy players too but we can't do anything about them. They're impervious to criticism.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think he got great support the majority of the time he was here. He was warmly welcomed with much love and expectation...pretty good for a guy who had spent 20 years as a coach without winning anything. His name was chanted and even through a rough period (turn of the year period) he was given much support on the terraces and on these pages ( not by me I should add but by most).  But at some point things did start to turn cumulating in the Cardiff game where the rumour is he decided he no longer wanted to be at this club. 

But in retrospect I would say this about those away Cardiff fans....good on ya. You had got up at 4am to cross the country to watch and cheer on your team. You were greeted with the same dross , the same stubborness, the same insipidness, the same inflexibility, the same formation, the same subs and what looked like another defeat from a terrible team ( but take a bow the lino). These are probably many of the same fans who partook in a 5000 mile round trip to EL final. God bless you boys and girls. Now if you want to boo this dross , I won't support you but I will understand you. And If this snowflake of a manager can't understand that frustration he could benefit from someone coaching HIM on human psychology. 

I would also say this. This reaction may have been the moment he decided to change his stance a bit on tactics, players and formations because that's about the time it happened. Maybe top 4 was enabled by this light bulb moment. And  If this echo of booing has made Sarri quit at the end of the season then it has saved this club an awful lot of money in compensation. I must say it makes a change for us to receive compo rather than paying off huge sums to ex coaches. So yes, in retrospect, thank you away fans for top four and thank you for a net plus 10 mill in the bank. 

In my experience it's the away fans who are the barometer of feeling , they put in the hard yards , they follow the club through thick and thin , if they think he's not up to it I expect they're the best judges. 

Club have now confirmed he's officially left the club to go to Juventus .

I'm glad he finally won a trophy after his fairy tale story which now continues onto the peak of Italian football which by any measure is an amazing tale .

chelboy   

Glad we did not drag it on and got it sorted out quickly. Thanks for the EL. This is best for everyone involved. Good luck in Italy. 

Kezza   

Excited by the football he played at Chelsea during August to December. Immense transformation from a team who didn't know how to play that way. Guess it's now back to park the bus foot all and everyone's happy.

3 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Excited by the football he played at Chelsea during August to December. Immense transformation from a team who didn't know how to play that way. Guess it's now back to park the bus foot all and everyone's happy.

What about the utter rubbish he served up the rest of the time ?

Kezza   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What about the utter rubbish he served up the rest of the time ?

That rubbish is still better than park the bus rubbish at its worst mind. Again the players are not to blame, not Luiz, not Jorginho, not Alonso, not the ineffective striker who rely on to score goals.

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

That rubbish is still better than park the bus rubbish at its worst mind. Again the players are not to blame, not Luiz, not Jorginho, not Alonso, not the ineffective striker who rely on to score goals.

The excuse of not having the players for Sarri ball has been trotted out all season. Given that Hazard has just left and we currently can't sign anyone, a change of tactical approach makes absolute sense for next season at least. What are you expecting to change if he stayed? All those players you just listed would still be in the first team.

JaneB   
41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Club have now confirmed he's officially left the club to go to Juventus .

......to be nearer his elderly parents apparently 🤔