• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Kezza   
11 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The excuse of not having the players for Sarri ball has been trotted out all season. Given that Hazard has just left and we currently can't sign anyone, a change of tactical approach makes absolute sense for next season at least. What are you expecting to change if he stayed? All those players you just listed would still be in the first team.

Why don't you ask the same question when he was hired a season ago with the same set of players.

Edited by Kezza

On 15/06/2019 at 1:38 PM, Ham said:

Apparently Sarri felt "violated" by jeers from fans during the spell where we lost 12-0 on aggregate in three games.

Seriously man..... If your team doesn't get jeered that particular week then when?

Glad to see the back of him.  No accountability. 

Screenshot_20190615-133439_Samsung Internet.jpg

'By London Football News'. Yeah, seems like something I'd invest time or faith in... 

22 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's cobblers so they can pin the blame on the supporters they hate.

Exactly this. I really, really doubt that Sarri noticed much of the abuse he got (and often from the stands it was abuse), and even if he had I'd be really surprised if he cared a jot. These stories are being run because they met lots of clickbait sweet spots; lots of clicks from Chelsea fans who don't like Sarri, even more from football fans who don't like Chelsea or its supporters. I mean, just look at the above article. Not only does no one actually put their name to it, it doesn't even have the stones to make a call itself; it's a report on a report. 

Whatever anyone's opinion on Sarri, the story here is that he's left us for a better position. 

17 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Besides weren’t you crying before Sarri even signed because of a situation in Italy involving a female journalist? 

This is really low, unnecessary baiting. You should stop it. 

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is really low, unnecessary baiting. You should stop it. 

Why is it low? It’s true. Jane repeatedly said she had decided she didn’t want a Sarri at the club when she found out about this story. No idea how me mentioning it can be labelled low. 

Anyhow, he’s gone and we continue our manager merry-go-round. This time I think it’ll cost us. A lot. 

Don’t buy the going home to be with Parents and being home sick. It’s simply because Juventus came calling, and he’ll pretty much start stocking up trophies now as there is no competition in that league. I wonder had Verona, Sassaulo, Sampdoria, Cagliari etc came calling would he of gone home still for the reasons he’s stated? 

I certainly won’t miss him nor miss his Sarri ball which I’m sure he didn’t even know what that was. Hopefully Kante can be deployed back to the position that he is the best in the world in too. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

'By London Football News'. Yeah, seems like something I'd invest time or faith in... 

If it means anything at all, this page actually quotes The Sun 😬

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Why don't you ask the same question when he was hired a season ago with the same set of players.

I'm confused, are you angry that he is leaving or that we hired him in the first place? 

Good luck to him. Maybe his work in Turin will get the accomplishments that his previous work deserved. 

He chose the most logical option to continue his career and we all saw it coming weeks ago and I hold no grudges. 

Leo91   
7 hours ago, Alan Conway said:

Don’t buy the going home to be with Parents and being home sick. It’s simply because Juventus came calling, and he’ll pretty much start stocking up trophies now as there is no competition in that league. I wonder had Verona, Sassaulo, Sampdoria, Cagliari etc came calling would he of gone home still for the reasons he’s stated? 

I certainly won’t miss him nor miss his Sarri ball which I’m sure he didn’t even know what that was. Hopefully Kante can be deployed back to the position that he is the best in the world in too. 

Who's going to do the holding ? Baka ?

Edited by Leo91

I personally thought he was far too set in his ways to have been adaptable enough to thrive in the PL. 

He (and we) got lucky that the teams vying for the 3rd to 6th places were all much of a muchness and each respectively did their best to throw away the CL spots. 

The capitulation at Bournemouth was something I’d not seen a Chelsea team do for 20+ years, for me that was when I believed that there was something wrong  

I wonder whether Sarri wanted an in-between club, prior to the Juventus appointment. Either believing that this would then not appear to be as much as a ‘betrayal’ or that the direct move there from Napoli was not possible for a number of reasons.

He didn’t convince me that he ever truly wanted to stay here. 

Far more concerned for us with no Hazard than no Sarri.

• Like 1