• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Leo91   

If anything it hasn't cost us anything. Juve paid us for Sarri.

xCELERYx   
13 hours ago, Alan Conway said:

Don’t buy the going home to be with Parents and being home sick. It’s simply because Juventus came calling, and he’ll pretty much start stocking up trophies now as there is no competition in that league. I wonder had Verona, Sassaulo, Sampdoria, Cagliari etc came calling would he of gone home still for the reasons he’s stated? 

I certainly won’t miss him nor miss his Sarri ball which I’m sure he didn’t even know what that was. Hopefully Kante can be deployed back to the position that he is the best in the world in too. 

Serie A could be different this season. Conte will immediately improve Inter Milan more than Sarri will Juventus. There's also manager shake ups at other top half sides. Juve also have an aging squad (seven players over the age of 30) and are in no way, shape, or form accustom to the way Sarri has his teams play. Sarri will also have to manage some big personalities in Bonucci, Chiellini and Ronaldo etc - players who've won it all. Not just that, but he's going to have to dramatically conduct himself significantly better than he does in the media. With there possibly being a call for him to look smarter and more professional on the sideline. Juve have put a lot of work and emphasis on their brand. 

I'd not be shocked if Juventus struggle (realitive to prior years) this coming season. 

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Meaning what, exactly? 

That our incessant chopping and changing manager and utter lack of continuity will come back and bite us. 

Right now we are very vulnerable and had just managed to get back to the CL after a very good season all things considered. Now we start from scratch again with a ban and a squad with holes literally everywhere. 

So what do you think Michael, where do we end up in the league next season? Top 4? Top 6? Top 10? Lower? 

32 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

That our incessant chopping and changing manager and utter lack of continuity will come back and bite us. 

Seriously, it's been going for years - well, since RA arrived anyway. Not to say that it won't, but it hasn't comeback to bite us yet.

Right now we are very vulnerable and had just managed to get back to the CL after a very good season all things considered. Now we start from scratch again with a ban and a squad with holes literally everywhere. 

So, what's the answer then? And how are we 'very vulnerable' compared to previous seasons? Yes, Hazard has gone, but what else? What if we get a run deep into the CL? And what if we get the transfer ban delayed and get to buy some players this window?

So what do you think Michael, where do we end up in the league next season? Top 4? Top 6? Top 10? Lower? 

Trick question probably, but 'top 4' certainly isn't out of the question, imo. The new manager/head coach will have a significant bearing on where we finish. As will if we get that transfer ban delayed.

he will have money to spend there, he will be ok

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

As will if we get that transfer ban delayed.

dont see it personally. think we are stuck with it

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Seriously, it's been going for years - well, since RA arrived anyway. Not to say that it won't, but it hasn't comeback to bite us yet.

So, what's the answer then? And how are we 'very vulnerable' compared to previous seasons? Yes, Hazard has gone, but what else? What if we get a run deep into the CL? And what if we get the transfer ban delayed and get to buy some players this window?

Trick question probably, but 'top 4' certainly isn't out of the question, imo. The new manager/head coach will have a significant bearing on where we finish. As will if we get that transfer ban delayed.

Yes it has been going on for years and the long-term trend is clear - we are getting worse, not better over time. The odd outlier aside, we have fallen far behind Liverpool who have spent less money then us over the last five seasons. Add a transfer ban, a ageing squad where we basically have only two serious players left in prime years (Rüdiger and Kanté - maybe Azpilicueta). The restructuring job at hand is massive - it'll take an enormous amount of money to get us back where we want to be. 

I don't see any chance of us ending up in the top 4 next season. This season I had hopes we would, but for 2019/20 I can't see us managing that. Top 6 is probably the best we can hope for unless Pulisic hits the ground running and magically starts scoring goals for fun. The squad seriously lacked goals as it was, now our only goalscorer has left us. Not wanting to be a killjoy, but I see a risk of us even missing out on top 6 to be perfectly honest. 

If the transfer ban stands, our best possible squad next season is;

Arrizabalaga, Caballero, GK3

Azpilicueta, Zappacosta, Luiz, Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson, Alonso

Kanté, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Mount

Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi

Giroud, Batshiayi, Abraham

Where is the goals going to come from? Who will stand up and drag us on when the going gets tough? Where is the leadership? 

Edited by The_Ghost

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Yes it has been going on for years and the long-term trend is clear - we are getting worse, not better over time. The odd outlier aside, we have fallen far behind Liverpool who have spent less money then us over the last five seasons. Add a transfer ban, a ageing squad where we basically have only two serious players left in prime years (Rüdiger and Kanté - maybe Azpilicueta). The restructuring job at hand is massive - it'll take an enormous amount of money to get us back where we want to be. 

I don't see any chance of us ending up in the top 4 next season. This season I had hopes we would, but for 2019/20 I can't see us managing that. Top 6 is probably the best we can hope for unless Pulisic hits the ground running and magically starts scoring goals for fun. The squad seriously lacked goals as it was, now our only goalscorer has left us. Not wanting to be a killjoy, but I see a risk of us even missing out on top 6 to be perfectly honest. 

If the transfer ban stands, our best possible squad next season is;

Arrizabalaga, Caballero, GK3

Azpilicueta, Zappacosta, Luiz, Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson, Alonso

Kanté, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Mount

Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi

Giroud, Batshiayi, Abraham

Where is the goals going to come from? Who will stand up and drag us on when the going gets tough? Where is the leadership? 

We are going to have to bring Morata back as at least he gets 10 a season. Giroud is a good bench option at best when you need an out ball, Bats*** has already proven he cannot play as a loan CF  and Tammy is not proven at this level whatsoever. The way the squad is shaping up Peds is going to have to play the false 9. 

Edited by Conte Kante

14 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

We are going to have to bring Morata back as at least he gets 10 a season. Giroud is a good bench option at best when you need an out ball, Bats*** has already proven he cannot play as a loan CF  and Tammy is not proven at this level whatsoever. The way the squad is shaping up Peds is going to have to play the false 9. 

It's worrying isn't it?

19 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It's worrying isn't it?

C'mon lads , the only way is up !