• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

 

C'mon lads , the only way is up !

From 3rd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it stands we might aswell make Tammy our first choice, just put our trust in him and give him a proper go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

From 3rd?

From the misery and doom and gloom !

SFL is going to come back and do a bang up job , Cech is coming back , Jody is coming back , there's rumours that Maka is coming back , we have nothing to lose from the false position we are in , third by default , Spurs still wont buy anyone , Arsenal will still have that lemon in charge , Pool and City are on another planet to us , nobody in their right mind can be expecting us to be amazing , but I bet we'll be competitive !

Frank the novice has already out thought and outfought Bielsa , a man heralded as the coach of coaches by hipsters everywhere .

The only way is up !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Seriously, it's been going for years - well, since RA arrived anyway. Not to say that it won't, but it hasn't comeback to bite us yet.

So, what's the answer then? And how are we 'very vulnerable' compared to previous seasons? Yes, Hazard has gone, but what else? What if we get a run deep into the CL? And what if we get the transfer ban delayed and get to buy some players this window?

Trick question probably, but 'top 4' certainly isn't out of the question, imo. The new manager/head coach will have a significant bearing on where we finish. As will if we get that transfer ban delayed.

Yes, MT, the hiring and firing of managers has worked in the past, but IF we appoint SFL, and we still have the transfer ban, then we are in new, chartered waters. 

We will be appointing the most rookie of coaches in the RA era, at a time when said coach cannot even buy players to replace either 1) our best player who has left and 2) refresh what is an aging squad, particularly in attack

If the above happens, we are going to have to take some medicine next year and there can be no real expectations on where we finsih. I have no problem with that, so long as Frank doesn't get the boot in February for not being able to make silk purse out of a sow's ear.

What I don't want to see happen is we struggle along using players like Zappacosta and Higuain at the expense of shipping out RJ and Tammy, and still finish outside the top 4 anyway. If we are going to fail, we may as well do so whilst finding out if some of the kids are up to it and have a long term future. 

If the remit is, give some of the acadamy boys a proper chance, and if we finish 6th we will live with it, we wont sack the coach, then rebuild when the ban is lifted, then I am quite happy with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

 

C'mon lads , the only way is up !

Yep 😀 The only way is Essex, Romford to be precise 💙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

We are going to have to bring Morata back as at least he gets 10 a season. Giroud is a good bench option at best when you need an out ball, Bats*** has already proven he cannot play as a loan CF  and Tammy is not proven at this level whatsoever. The way the squad is shaping up Peds is going to have to play the false 9. 

maybe if the new manager used the talents of Pulsic & CHO to get to the byline and cut back the ball to an on rushing Bats, Tammy or Morata maybe their goal tallies would increase.

Time to ditch the Costa hold the ball up and try to bring willian, pedro into the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

maybe if the new manager used the talents of Pulsic & CHO to get to the byline and cut back the ball to an on rushing Bats, Tammy or Morata maybe their goal tallies would increase.

Time to ditch the Costa hold the ball up and try to bring willian, pedro into the game

I'm liking your style here ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

maybe if the new manager used the talents of Pulsic & CHO to get to the byline and cut back the ball to an on rushing Bats, Tammy or Morata maybe their goal tallies would increase.

Time to ditch the Costa hold the ball up and try to bring willian, pedro into the game

Might even have to play two up top for periods at the beginning of the season due to current injuries 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Might even have to play two up top for periods at the beginning of the season due to current injuries 

How passe'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

 

C'mon lads , the only way is up !

 

5 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

From 3rd?

Quite. The only way from 3rd is down. At least for the next season. 

 

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

As it stands we might aswell make Tammy our first choice, just put our trust in him and give him a proper go. 

I agree with this. We ain’t making top four next season and if we are going to fail we might as well play the likes of Tammy, CHO, RLC, Mount, James etc. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

From the misery and doom and gloom !

There was misery, doom and gloom during a season where we finished third, tried to play attractive football and made two finals and won one of them. 

Seriously. It ain’t getting better next season. So good luck with that;)

 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, MT, the hiring and firing of managers has worked in the past, but IF we appoint SFL, and we still have the transfer ban, then we are in new, chartered waters. 

We will be appointing the most rookie of coaches in the RA era, at a time when said coach cannot even buy players to replace either 1) our best player who has left and 2) refresh what is an aging squad, particularly in attack

If the above happens, we are going to have to take some medicine next year and there can be no real expectations on where we finsih. I have no problem with that, so long as Frank doesn't get the boot in February for not being able to make silk purse out of a sow's ear.

What I don't want to see happen is we struggle along using players like Zappacosta and Higuain at the expense of shipping out RJ and Tammy, and still finish outside the top 4 anyway. If we are going to fail, we may as well do so whilst finding out if some of the kids are up to it and have a long term future. 

If the remit is, give some of the acadamy boys a proper chance, and if we finish 6th we will live with it, we wont sack the coach, then rebuild when the ban is lifted, then I am quite happy with that. 

Fully agreed on all accounts.

If we hire Lampard we have to be ready to accept a mid-table finish. If we can’t accept that beforehand we should not hire him at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.