• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

If we are to believe the DM, it's "all change" at Cobham!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7151019/Chelsea-remove-Sarris-ENTIRE-coaching-team-Frank-Lampard-set-bring-Jody-Morris.html

I can understand any new manager wanting to bring in his own team (happens in most clubs), but if this does happen it's a huge change... when was the last time one of the top clubs in the country had not just a 'home grown' manager, but a 'home grown' back-room staff? Liverpool in the 80s/90s?

My only concern, as I mentioned earlier, is the lack of experience. I'm OK with the idea of Lampard, Jody Morris et al, but I'd be happier still if there was an 'old hand' there as a sort of consigliere.

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7151019/Chelsea-remove-Sarris-ENTIRE-coaching-team-Frank-Lampard-set-bring-Jody-Morris.html

I can understand any new manager wanting to bring in his own team (happens in most clubs), but if this does happen it's a huge change... when was the last time one of the top clubs in the country had not just a 'home grown' manager, but a 'home grown' back-room staff? Liverpool in the 80s/90s?

My only concern, as I mentioned earlier, is the lack of experience. I'm OK with the idea of Lampard, Jody Morris et al, but I'd be happier still if there was an 'old hand' there as a sort of consigliere.

Ranieri would be ideal if we went that way or even uncle Guus ?

16 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Shame Steve Holland left , would have been perfect.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Or Steve Clarke, the club should have nabbed him before Scotland 

Leo91   
8 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Did they? They weren't promoted. 

Were they expected to go up? They finished right where they should have and had a better season than the one previous by getting to the final of the playoffs.

57 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Were they expected to go up? They finished right where they should have and had a better season than the one previous by getting to the final of the playoffs.

Their final league standing was slightly worse in terms of points, goals scored and goals conceded so your assessment would be based solely on the play off semi finals. I don't know what the expectations were at the start of the season but their was no marked improvement other than in the cups, or tow play off games which are essentially cup type games.

The previous manager, Gary Rowett, who achieved a better league performance went on to manage Stoke and I'd be surprised if many on here even knew who he was.

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Or Steve Clarke, the club should have nabbed him before Scotland 

I think both have higher aspirations to be managers themselves, otherwise they would still be here.

5 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not so much home grown, as un-grown.

JaneB   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ranieri would be ideal if we went that way or even uncle Guus ?

Harry Redknapp? 

14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Harry Redknapp? 

He'd be hanging out of a Range Rover telling the nearest microphone what formation and tactics the club were going to use in an up-coming fixture quicker than DWMH can post a chart to prove a point

Edited by Bob Singleton