• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nobody at the club gives a rats arse what the fans think , not a glimmer.

Agreed. 

How does that make the wrong fit? The club didn't sack him. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Agreed. 

How does that make the wrong fit? The club didn't sack him. 

Well , firstly , I didn't say he was the wrong fit , Chara did. 

However , I think , as Sarri has just alluded to in his Juve press conference , he was the wrong fit considering the type of players we had at his disposal .

He's mentioned that he couldn't rely on Hazard to defend and we had the wrong type of wingers for his fast flowing  one touch football . 

His words not mine.

32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Translated - fans had no patience with him. 

Except the truth is, like Hazard, Sarri was too good for Chelsea and got bought out by a bigger richer club.

One has to ask, given how he got so close to Juve with less than half the budget, just what he can do with Juve and Ronaldo.

xCELERYx   

Maurizio Sarri fired a parting shot at Eden Hazard and praised Cristiano Ronaldo during his unveiling as the new Juventus manager. 

He faced the media and addressed supporters for the first time on Thursday morning in a press conference. 

The 60-year-old, kitted out in a sharp club suit, endeared himself to fans in Turin but risked further ire of the Chelsea faithful.

Sarri made a fascinating dig at former Chelsea winger Eden Hazard, who has since joined Real Madrid. 

'We had to accommodate Hazard's characteristics, as he could change the game, but also his presence caused issues in defending that we had to work on,' he admitted.

And he went on to add that none of the Chelsea players are of the quality of Cristiano Ronaldo, who will represent a step up in class.

'I coached some very strong players, but training him will be yet another step forward,' he added. 'I'd like to help him break some new records.' 

Sarri, who later strolled around Allianz Stadium, initially fielded questions from a packed out press conference and admitted to having his head turned as soon as the Italian giants came calling, with one factor being the chance to live closer to his elderly parents.

'The feeling when Juve called me? Strong', he said. 'I've never seen a club so determined to get a coach before. 

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Maurizio Sarri fired a parting shot at Eden Hazard and praised Cristiano Ronaldo during his unveiling as the new Juventus manager. 

He faced the media and addressed supporters for the first time on Thursday morning in a press conference. 

The 60-year-old, kitted out in a sharp club suit, endeared himself to fans in Turin but risked further ire of the Chelsea faithful.

Sarri made a fascinating dig at former Chelsea winger Eden Hazard, who has since joined Real Madrid. 

'We had to accommodate Hazard's characteristics, as he could change the game, but also his presence caused issues in defending that we had to work on,' he admitted.

And he went on to add that none of the Chelsea players are of the quality of Cristiano Ronaldo, who will represent a step up in class.

'I coached some very strong players, but training him will be yet another step forward,' he added. 'I'd like to help him break some new records.' 

Sarri, who later strolled around Allianz Stadium, initially fielded questions from a packed out press conference and admitted to having his head turned as soon as the Italian giants came calling, with one factor being the chance to live closer to his elderly parents.

'The feeling when Juve called me? Strong', he said. 'I've never seen a club so determined to get a coach before. 

Nothing he said was wrong in my opinion . 

We haven't got a player as good as Ronaldo

We've barely got anyone as good as Ronaldo Jnr.

xCELERYx   
10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nothing he said was wrong in my opinion . 

We haven't got a player as good as Ronaldo

We've barely got anyone as good as Ronaldo Jnr.

Don't disagree. Was just posting it up for people to read. If anyone is also interested the full interview is already up on the Juventus website. 

https://www.juvefc.com/maurizio-sarri-full-juventus-press-conference/

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Except the truth is, like Hazard, Sarri was too good for Chelsea and got bought out by a bigger richer club.

One has to ask, given how he got so close to Juve with less than half the budget, just what he can do with Juve and Ronaldo.

Juve won't win a 9th title in a row

chelboy   
53 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Don't disagree. Was just posting it up for people to read. If anyone is also interested the full interview is already up on the Juventus website. 

Interesting interview. Laughed at the bit where he said Higuain can play at a high level for another 3-4 years. He really would have brought him here permanently if he could. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Sorry , that came out wrongly , wasn't having a pop at you.

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Juve won't win a 9th title in a row

Agreed , I expect they'll be aiming for the Champions League which is a bit of a holy grail for them but I think they'll struggle worse than we did with the transition to tippy tappy 

I can see our new manager outlasting Sarri to be honest .