• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

jangz   

Classy from Sarri..  Blaming the guy who went on to save his season and win him a trophy..  Getting him his dream job.. 

Easier to blame the fact that his coaching for defending set pieces was non existent..and his failure to motivate players..  Or time and again team talks which somehow resulted in lack of concentration..  Conceding immediately from a restart..  Bravo mister.. 

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So the strange thing here, is that the biggest club in Italy, with a completely free hand and an endless budget, chose to pay Chelsea for Sarri rather than take Conte as manager.

As LoC points out, it is not as though they have done it to avoid fan reaction.

And in other news - what's with JM this season?

I asked you before Conte joined , who your choice was for manager / coach and you deigned to answer , who would you like this time around , I understand that whoever it is you'll take a position contrary to everyone else and stick to it in the face of all evidence regardless  but I'd kinda like to know who gets the pot boiling for old Droy ?

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thanks, just read it.

That old chestnut, let's blame Hazard because he wouldn't defend.  Never mind that he won matches on his own for us.  Oh and we had the wrong type of wingers which begs the question...……..

None of our players are as good as Ronaldo...…….doh.

And joining Juventus is the crowning moment of his career...…….sorry to have kept you Maurizio.  

Never saw him wearing a suit at Chelsea either.  "I would prefer not to wear the suit and tie on the pitch.  The important thing at my age is that they don't send me out there naked".  He's not wrong there.

1. He doesn't blame Hazard, it was just a comment on his characteristics

2. None of our players are as good as Ronaldo. He may as well have said grass is green. 

3. The Juve job is bigger than the Chelsea job, especially for an Italian.

He really said nothing out of line. 

5 minutes ago, jangz said:

Classy from Sarri..  Blaming the guy who went on to save his season and win him a trophy..  Getting him his dream job..  

He doesn't blame Hazard.  End of.

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He really said nothing out of line. 

But it was Trump/Corbyn/Boris/Sarri.  Of course he was out of line.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I asked you before Conte joined , who your choice was for manager / coach and you deigned to answer , who would you like this time around , I understand that whoever it is you'll take a position contrary to everyone else and stick to it in the face of all evidence regardless  but I'd kinda like to know who gets the pot boiling for old Droy ?

I deigned to answer? - I don't recall doing that.  Refused probably.  
There's a massive world of football out there, most of it extremely tedious in comparison to the PL where most of the world's best 250 footballers already play.  I really would not want to claim any expertise in European football.  There may be a dozen names out there I have barely heard of who would be good - Like that bloke Mourinho, or Sarri, neither of which I had heard of 2 months before they were appointed.  Or that Arsenal or PSG manager - neither of whom I know anything about a year after they have been appointed.  Or any of the Barca managers post Pep.

So I really could not recommend anyone without knowing much about them (I know that doesn't stop many people).

I didn't think Sarri would be sacked, I didn't think he would be wanted by Juve, and didn't want him to go.  I don't want SFL here now, objectively because I don't think he has the experience.  But I don't want him here subjectively, because usually the one thing that makes up for a bad season at Chelsea is waving the manager on his way.  

I would have liked Sarri to stay.  he is still the manager out there I would want most.  

JM would be fun though, at least on here.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But it was Trump/Corbyn/Boris/Sarri.  Of course he was out of line.

I deigned to answer? - I don't recall doing that.  Refused probably.  
There's a massive world of football out there, most of it extremely tedious in comparison to the PL where most of the world's best 250 footballers already play.  I really would not want to claim any expertise in European football.  There may be a dozen names out there I have barely heard of who would be good - Like that bloke Mourinho, or Sarri, neither of which I had heard of 2 months before they were appointed.  Or that Arsenal or PSG manager - neither of whom I know anything about a year after they have been appointed.  Or any of the Barca managers post Pep.

So I really could not recommend anyone without knowing much about them (I know that doesn't stop many people).

I didn't think Sarri would be sacked, I didn't think he would be wanted by Juve, and didn't want him to go.  I don't want SFL here now, objectively because I don't think he has the experience.  But I don't want him here subjectively, because usually the one thing that makes up for a bad season at Chelsea is waving the manager on his way.  

I would have liked Sarri to stay.  he is still the manager out there I would want most.  

JM would be fun though, at least on here.

Sorry should have been deigned not to answer

38 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure Eden will be absolutely fine with that comment by Mister Sarri. 

45 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sorry should have been deigned not to answer

No worries.  (updated) I see you are keen for SFL on another thread.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Thanks, just read it.

That old chestnut, let's blame Hazard because he wouldn't defend.  Never mind that he won matches on his own for us.  Oh and we had the wrong type of wingers which begs the question...……..

None of our players are as good as Ronaldo...…….doh.

And joining Juventus is the crowning moment of his career...…….sorry to have kept you Maurizio.  

Never saw him wearing a suit at Chelsea either.  "I would prefer not to wear the suit and tie on the pitch.  The important thing at my age is that they don't send me out there naked".  He's not wrong there.

I had a rather laborious debate on another thread when I suggested that Sarri's tenure might have contributed to Hazards departure. Well you can imagine the shite storm that kicked up!

But I will say this. If Sarri had some personal conversations with Hazard during the season about his "negative presence in the defensive phase" , I'm surprised Hazard just didn't walk out there and then.

I've seen Eden run his feet to bloody stumps this season while pulling Sarri's team through games they didn't deserve to win.  Fecing nerve of that bloke.

Ham   

Jesus I'm not getting involved in this debate or the CHO debate again.  It's just a pointless ongoing waste of everyone's time and makes absolutely no difference in the grand scheme of things.