• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

Let's see who SFL is prepared to use before making any assumptions. 

Let's not assume its SFL before making any assumptions

Ham   
1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Let's not assume its SFL before making any assumptions

Touche'

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

Let's see who SFL is prepared to use before making any assumptions. 

He has to choose out of about 60 potential players, current staff, on loans and players already playing at England U21 standard.  
So far he has lost Cahill and Hazard.  
That leaves one hell of  wage bill, and I think we can presume quite a lot must go - ban or not.

38 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

8. Chelsea FC — €505.7 million ($573.1 million). The Premier League team has witnessed declining standards on the pitch in recent seasons (it finished fifth in the English division and only reached the UEFA Champions League Round of 16). However, it remains a commercial powerhouse thanks to lucrative contracts with Nike and Yokohama Tyres.

Exactly.  7th, 8th 9th and 10th were Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs - we are smack in the middle of that group.

Trouble is that is our revenues, our committed costs in terms of massive wage bill and missing players in the first team is much greater.

Then last year would have been worse without CL games whereas say 7th place Liverpool actually won the damn thing.

top 4: RM, Barca, Man U and  BM are far ahead of us in revenue.
While 5 & 6, PSG & City, many not have much more revenue than us, but beat us a mile in spending power.

We are, as your source confirms, no longer one of rich clubs that compete for the best players.

kev61   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

No all good Ghost. I'm quite chipper actually but I just wish this bloody club would make its move. I still have memories of the horrific Conte departure/Sarri appointment. I can't take another one of those.

The Sarri at Juve is proving interesting. He's now made a point at having a pop at the Chelsea players saying that 7 or 8 played like individuals not as a team which is why it worked so much better at Napoli than here (you know trophy laden Napoli). I don't know if he's got a point or not but don't you think it's time for him to move on as well? And talking of team players, Ronaldo must have choked on his morning protein shake when he heard that!    

Keep the faith Nobly with your observations and the humour - I'm not the greatest analyist on football tactics,but I do remember being ill and watching day time tv - I got to like judge judy,her mantra was if it doesn't make sense it is bullshit...Sarri made no sense.I have the same mantra in life.

40 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has to choose out of about 60 potential players, current staff, on loans and players already playing at England U21 standard.  
So far he has lost Cahill and Hazard.  
That leaves one hell of  wage bill, and I think we can presume quite a lot must go - ban or not.

Exactly.  7th, 8th 9th and 10th were Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs - we are smack in the middle of that group.

Trouble is that is our revenues, our committed costs in terms of massive wage bill and missing players in the first team is much greater.

Then last year would have been worse without CL games whereas say 7th place Liverpool actually won the damn thing.

top 4: RM, Barca, Man U and  BM are far ahead of us in revenue.
While 5 & 6, PSG & City, many not have much more revenue than us, but beat us a mile in spending power.

We are, as your source confirms, no longer one of rich clubs that compete for the best players.

I find that chart all a bit confusing. Spurs appear not to have a pot to pee in at the moment and haven't bought a player for 2 years. Arsenal too seem permanently broke if buying players and apparent spending budgets are anything to by. They can't even come close to our spending power yet somehow they are in the top 10.?? I believe we can compete to buy any player on the planet if our owner really really wanted him. It's more of a desire to spend rather than an ability to in our case. As far as Comparing us to previous Chelsea eras.... 2005  we are not even close but compare us to the late 90s and we are bathing in goats milk.

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Keep the faith Nobly with your observations and the humour - I'm not the greatest analyist on football tactics,but I do remember being ill and watching day time tv - I got to like judge judy,her mantra was if it doesn't make sense it is bullshit...Sarri made no sense.I have the same mantra in life.

Gotta love Judge Judy. A marvellous ability to cut right through all the bull **** and get to the crux of the matter. If she was a Chelsea supporter she'd be quite something on this site! 

13 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I find that chart all a bit confusing. Spurs appear not to have a pot to pee in at the moment and haven't bought a player for 2 years. Arsenal too seem permanently broke if buying players and apparent spending budgets are anything to by. They can't even come close to our spending power yet somehow they are in the top 10.?? I believe we can compete to buy any player on the planet if our owner really really wanted him. It's more of a desire to spend rather than an ability to in our case. As far as Comparing us to previous Chelsea eras.... 2005  we are not even close but compare us to the late 90s and we are bathing in goats milk.

So you don't believe the data source you quoted.    Fair enough.

20 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

We are Chelsea. One of the biggest and richest teams in the world.

no.  Certainly Spurs have a lot of powder to burn.  (A nautical reference, not a chav one).

Edited by Droy was my hero

kev61   
2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Gotta love Judge Judy. A marvellous ability to cut right through all the bull **** and get to the crux of the matter. If she was a Chelsea supporter she'd be quite something on this site! 

There are people that will think this is all Jeremy Kyle stuff - information and knowledge is the life blood to our existence...alas some people don't know what to do with it.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you don't believe the data source you quoted.    Fair enough.

Well I have some doubts on its up to dateness as its talking about us only getting to the last 16 in the CL , but I just said I was surprised to see Arsenal and Spurs just behind us in the money stakes seeing as they don't have a pot to piss in transfer wise. 

In response to your original post, I  said that I seen a chart which put us as the 7th richest club in the world. While looking for that chart I came across this slightly out of date one that put us at 8th. I thought it just showed I wasn't making stuff up.  I suppose recently too, we have another 100 mill in the bank and 10 mill a year off the wage bill (if that makes a jot of difference).

With no sarcasm, I bow to your better knowledge of all things financial, but we are indeed the 7th/8th richest club in the world. Or are we????

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

There are people that will think this is all Jeremy Kyle stuff - information and knowledge is the life blood to our existence...alas some people don't know what to do with it.

As a consequence of me often working late at night, I tend to watch too much day time TV.  It is a bit of a worry. One of my favourites though is Escape to the Country  which I watch quite a lot of. A frustrating show in many ways . You will see a couple literally sobbing at finally finding their dream home for a fraction of the price they were expecting to pay. Then as the end credits roll, a voice over says something like:

" sadly Maureen and Stephen had second thoughts about their dream home in the country as Stephen considered the long 20 minute commute to work a bit too exhausting. But we are happy to say they have bought the house next door to where they live now in Milton Keynes".  

So my emotional journey with Maureen and Stephen has been a complete waste of my 30 mins. But somehow I always get sucked in to watching. But uninterestingly I will ONLY watch the show if it has the one of the correct presenters.   If its that ex choir boy Alled Jones or the posh idiot who wears the sleeveless puffer jackets, I'm devastated and have to switch over.  If its Nicky Chapman or Alistair the kettle is on and the kitkats are out.