• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

kev61   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I understand exactly what you mean. Unless you are hell bent on leaving your kids the house to help them have an easier life their seems little point in struggling. Have you considered Equity Release though.?

My mum and Dad have just released 25k and the interest rates are actually very fair (not like they once were). 

Wow!you read my mind young sir - my kids have got a hefty sum already they could buy and sell me because they have there mum's intelligence.I hate to make money for banks but who cares when you are dead!!.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So we are not rich compared to places 1 to 4.  We cannot spend like places 5 & 6.  We are one of the next 4 at the next level.

That is why I keep saying we are a yoyo club, like Spurs or Liverpool.  If by chance we get a few decisions right and have a good core of players, we can go out for 2 seasons and spend on the key ingredients that might make us win a trophy (think Drogba, Costa, Fabregas).  But not for long, and rebuilding might take a long time.

Yes we can challenge for Prem or CL one year in 5, but not every year and we have to respect our limitations.

This is why I'm sure about spending 4 billion on a new stadium. I'm not sure we'd ever recover.

Just now, kev61 said:

Wow!you read my mind young sir - my kids have got a hefty sum already they could buy and sell me because they have there mum's intelligence.I hate to make money for banks but who cares when you are dead!!.

I just checked my figures. My Mum and dad (who are in their 80s) borrowed 27k out of the house. In ten years time the interest on that worked out at 11k. Quite steep but if the house is worth say 350k its no big deal. They can withdraw more if they need it as and when. 

kev61   
1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

I just checked my figures. My Mum and dad (who are in their 80s) borrowed 27k out of the house. In ten years time the interest on that worked out at 11k. Quite steep but if the house is worth say 350k its no big deal. They can withdraw more if they need it as and when. 

Indeed, trying telling that to my wife who lives life in the missionary position when we are sittiing on a pot of gold.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Indeed, trying telling that to my wife who lives life in the missionary position when we are sittiing on a pot of gold.

Well yes it would be a problem if she completely disagrees. That's when your charm and powers of persuasion come in Kev!

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

As a consequence of me often working late at night, I tend to watch too much day time TV.  It is a bit of a worry. One of my favourites though is Escape to the Country  which I watch quite a lot of. A frustrating show in many ways . You will see a couple literally sobbing at finally finding their dream home for a fraction of the price they were expecting to pay. Then as the end credits roll, a voice over says something like:

" sadly Maureen and Stephen had second thoughts about their dream home in the country as Stephen considered the long 20 minute commute to work a bit too exhausting. But we are happy to say they have bought the house next door to where they live now in Milton Keynes".  

So my emotional journey with Maureen and Stephen has been a complete waste of my 30 mins. But somehow I always get sucked in to watching. But uninterestingly I will ONLY watch the show if it has the one of the correct presenters.   If its that ex choir boy Alled Jones or the posh idiot who wears the sleeveless puffer jackets, I'm devastated and have to switch over.  If its Nicky Chapman or Alistair the kettle is on and the kitkats are out.

I watch it too, from time to time, but only so that I can laugh at the hideous places they always show them around. If anything, that programme shows just how stuck in the mid/late 19th century so many people are. Very depressing.

6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I watch it too, from time to time, but only so that I can laugh at the hideous places they always show them around. If anything, that programme shows just how stuck in the mid/late 19th century so many people are. Very depressing.

And lets not forget the 'mystery house!'... The complete opposite of everything they asked for :)

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And lets not forget the 'mystery house!'... The complete opposite of everything they asked for :)

Sounds like the players offered to Conte !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

Nope, I've tried to get past that sentence for 9 hours but I need to return to it. What do you mean exactly? There are some good manuals out there Kev.