• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Sciatika   

Is "missionary position" is being used as a euphemism for unadventurous?

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Phew!! Although I have never quite understood that connection of words. Missionaries that went out into dangerous worlds were very adventurous and daring!!

kev61   
On 23/06/2019 at 9:19 AM, Sciatika said:

Ha! Yes it is! very smart - Jesus it is just another part of the kamasutra that I have no idea - what ever happened to a kiss and cuddle?.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:19 AM, Sciatika said:

I think usually, "being unadventurous" is the euphemism for the missionary position.

jangz   

More and more I see of what is happening at Juve and its clear the reason Sarri left. He is a mercenary manager, people on here blaming fans and their response to ****** performances were I think patronizing to believed we moved Sarri out. 

He jumped ship the moment the going got tough.. we built him a reputation and he milked it for all it was worth. I certainly will be cheering Conte on against his team. Happy he is gone, who would have cost us in the long run.

Also think Rodrigo can kiss his chances of playing good bye .. considering his appetite for youth..

Edited by jangz

On 23/06/2019 at 10:35 AM, NoblyBobly said:

Phew!! Although I have never quite understood that connection of words. Missionaries that went out into dangerous worlds were very adventurous and daring!!

From memory , I believe it's called the "missionary position" because when the missionaries were sent out to educate the "savages" they were instructing them in all manners of Christian life , from the worship of Jesus through making sure they weren't rutting like animals ( doggy style ) so they were given picture cards to show the heathens how they should be making babies in the future if they wanted to be accepted into the sacred environs of Christianity.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

From memory , I believe it's called the "missionary position" because when the missionaries were sent out to educate the "savages" they were instructing them in all manners of Christian life , from the worship of Jesus through making sure they weren't rutting like animals ( doggy style ) so they were given picture cards to show the heathens how they should be making babies in the future if they wanted to be accepted into the sacred environs of Christianity.

Fascinating and educational as always Mark. I just have this vision now of you churning my post over for 3 weeks in your mind before a light bulb moment made you remember the details :)

paulw66   
5 hours ago, jangz said:

More and more I see of what is happening at Juve and its clear the reason Sarri left. He is a mercenary manager, people on here blaming fans and their response to ****** performances were I think patronizing to believed we moved Sarri out. 

He jumped ship the moment the going got tough.. we built him a reputation and he milked it for all it was worth. I certainly will be cheering Conte on against his team. Happy he is gone, who would have cost us in the long run.

Also think Rodrigo can kiss his chances of playing good bye .. considering his appetite for youth..

1. what is "happening at Juve"?

2. We built his reputation? Eh? 90+ points at Napoli did that, which is why we appointed him

3. I don't know who Rodrigo is, but RLC got more than double the minutes for Chelsea than he got under any previous manager, and CHO made 24 appearances in a season he started aged 17.....incredible amount of game time 

jangz   
17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

1. what is "happening at Juve"?

2. We built his reputation? Eh? 90+ points at Napoli did that, which is why we appointed him

3. I don't know who Rodrigo is, but RLC got more than double the minutes for Chelsea than he got under any previous manager, and CHO made 24 appearances in a season he started aged 17.....incredible amount of game time 

1) I am talking about the spending spree - massive contracts for Rabiot, Ramsey - signing of De Ligt.. he left because of the project there  - a guaranteed domestic success and good run in the UCL (the signings they have made and are being linked to)...  and not the insinuation that chelsea boo boys affected his decision as some in here alluded to. 

2) by the end of if it - the picture that got painted was a man who was a victim of player power, impatient fans, a board that didn't support him and inspite of this won a trophy and finished 4th in the league.. IMO the team he had should have always finished 4th and we basically limped to it and on the back of a colossal effort by hazard and late rescue efforts by RLC. His Napoli reputation was questioned by all and sundry when he arrived  - I can pull out media and fans alike on this.

3) only after a transfer request and it was such a big u-turn its hard to believe the board didn't have to speak to him to protect our asset. Most of them in the Europa league against opposition that wont even stand up to some national u21 levels. The fact the board allowed him to leave without pretty much a fight shows their opinion on the reality of his work. Rodrigo (Bentancur) - the reference.

I certainly will be cheering Conte on against his team. Happy he is gone, who would have cost us in the long run.

As I'm sure many others on here will, which just about sums it up.

One man spent a season here, handled himself impeccably other than writing notes and rubbing his nose during interviewers, which for some reason bothered people far too much, was under constant pressure from the media and our own 'fans', got a ridiculous amount of unwarranted grief and decides after a year to go home to a far bigger, more powerful club. One of the biggest in Europe and certainly the bigget in Italy.

The other took a massive pay rise, without an extension ( alarm bells really should have been ringing here, which they were for some of us), destroyed our squad because he didn't get his first choice transfer targets, threw his toys out the pram, behaved like a petulant child and borderline sabotaged our season. 

Go figure.