• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

18 minutes ago, jangz said:

1) I am talking about the spending spree - massive contracts for Rabiot, Ramsey - signing of De Ligt.. he left because of the project there  - a guaranteed domestic success and good run in the UCL (the signings they have made and are being linked to)...  and not the insinuation that chelsea boo boys affected his decision as some in here alluded to. 

You genuinely believe the way he was treated by our fans had no sway in his decision? 

I'm not saying he would have stayed if some hadn't acted in the disgraceful way they did but to suggest it didn't effect his decision is pure guesswork. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't but I'd be suprised if he would have found it a little harder to walk away if he had been treated differently.

2) by the end of if it - the picture that got painted was a man who was a victim of player power, impatient fans, a board that didn't support him and inspite of this won a trophy and finished 4th in the league.. IMO the team he had should have always finished 4th and we basically limped to it and on the back of a colossal effort by hazard and late rescue efforts by RLC.

We came 3rd because we were the 3rd best team in the country. No other reason.

His Napoli reputation was questioned by all and sundry when he arrived  - I can pull out media and fans alike on this.

And they were all wrong.

3) only after a transfer request and it was such a big u-turn its hard to believe the board didn't have to speak to him to protect our asset. Most of them in the Europa league against opposition that wont even stand up to some national u21 levels.

The transfer request had nothing to do with it. Go actually look at the games he played and you will soon see.

The fact the board allowed him to leave without pretty much a fight shows their opinion on the reality of his work. 

You have absolutely no idea about this.

Edited by Martin1905

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, jangz said:

1) I am talking about the spending spree - massive contracts for Rabiot, Ramsey - signing of De Ligt.. he left because of the project there  - a guaranteed domestic success and good run in the UCL (the signings they have made and are being linked to)...  and not the insinuation that chelsea boo boys affected his decision as some in here alluded to. 

2) by the end of if it - the picture that got painted was a man who was a victim of player power, impatient fans, a board that didn't support him and inspite of this won a trophy and finished 4th in the league.. IMO the team he had should have always finished 4th and we basically limped to it and on the back of a colossal effort by hazard and late rescue efforts by RLC. His Napoli reputation was questioned by all and sundry when he arrived  - I can pull out media and fans alike on this.

3) only after a transfer request and it was such a big u-turn its hard to believe the board didn't have to speak to him to protect our asset. Most of them in the Europa league against opposition that wont even stand up to some national u21 levels. The fact the board allowed him to leave without pretty much a fight shows their opinion on the reality of his work. Rodrigo (Bentancur) - the reference.

1. when did Sarri pretend otherwise? He said when he took it that the opportunity was too good to turn down. Can you blame him? Show me one quote where he blames the Chelsea fans fro anything

2. picture painted by whom? His reputation at Napoli is stellar, hence the job offer at Italy's biggest club. 

3. this is classic stuff which I have heard from a few.......he doesnt pick CHO, he's a fool, he picks him, he was being forced to. If he was being forced to pick CHO (he wasn't) how come he didn't start a league game until April? They were't forcing very hard, were they?

9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

As I'm sure many others on here will, which just about sums it up.

One man spent a season here, handled himself impeccably other than writing notes and rubbing his nose during interviewers, which for some reason bothered people far too much, was under constant pressure from the media and our own 'fans', got a ridiculous amount of unwarranted grief and decides after a year to go home to a far bigger, more powerful club. One of the biggest in Europe and certainly the bigget in Italy.

The other took a massive pay rise, without an extension ( alarm bells really should have been ringing here, which they were for some of us), destroyed our squad because he didn't get his first choice transfer targets, threw his toys out the pram, behaved like a petulant child and borderline sabotaged our season. 

Go figure.

Pretty much this.

14 minutes ago, jangz said:

Ramsey signed even before 2018 was over. So not sure what that has to do with Sarri. 

Are you saying that all managers that goes to massive clubs and sign massive players are mercenaries? Isn't that what ALL managers want to do or do you honestly think that a manager would prefer to be at a club where there is no funds availaible for signings? Of all the critisisms of Sarri I have read on here this one must be the most ridiculous and that says a lot considering. 

7 hours ago, jangz said:

More and more I see of what is happening at Juve and its clear the reason Sarri left. He is a mercenary manager, people on here blaming fans and their response to ****** performances were I think patronizing to believed we moved Sarri out. 

He jumped ship the moment the going got tough.. we built him a reputation and he milked it for all it was worth. I certainly will be cheering Conte on against his team. Happy he is gone, who would have cost us in the long run.

Also think Rodrigo can kiss his chances of playing good bye .. considering his appetite for youth..

He got a better offer.  Hazard got a better offer.  Can't see the difference myself.  Sure he wasn't chased out I think we can all agree on that.  He did a good job.

I'm trying to work out what all the distaste for Sarri in this post comes from.

Edited by Droy was my hero

jangz   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

You genuinely believe the way he was treated by our fans had no sway in his decision? 

I'm not saying he would have stayed if some hadn't acted in the disgraceful way they did but to suggest it didn't effect his decision is pure guesswork. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't but I'd be suprised if he would have found it a little harder to walk away if he had been treated differently.

We came 3rd because we were the 3rd best team in the country. No other reason.

And they were all wrong.

The transfer request had nothing to do with it. Go actually look at the games he played and you will soon see.

You have absolutely no idea about this.

1) I doubt his decision was made by our fans not taking a liking to him..most professional managers understand how fickle fans are.. All I believe is that he got a better offer and he took it.. fair play.. 

2) In most seasons the best squad will finish towards a certain position and  a manager can further alleviate or have an indifferent impact.. In our case I believe we were there inspite of rather than because of Sarri's management..

3)On CHO I happen to also see every moment the quality players in front of him were producing.. while he was doing well in opportunities he got..I very much believe he should have gotten a look in much earlier..

4) I have no idea about this.. maybe its a bit of my dislike for his management but in general if a top performer is losing there is a lot of hue and cry.. I didn't see any of it when he left us..

jangz   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

1. when did Sarri pretend otherwise? He said when he took it that the opportunity was too good to turn down. Can you blame him? Show me one quote where he blames the Chelsea fans fro anything

2. picture painted by whom? His reputation at Napoli is stellar, hence the job offer at Italy's biggest club. 

3. this is classic stuff which I have heard from a few.......he doesnt pick CHO, he's a fool, he picks him, he was being forced to. If he was being forced to pick CHO (he wasn't) how come he didn't start a league game until April? They were't forcing very hard, were they?

I never put it on Sarri.. I was talking about sections of the media and some fans in here.. Most of the media questioned the fact he never won anything and was a single season with Napoli where he again played great football for most of the season yet let it slip away at the business end.

you do realise it happened in a chronological order ..  Conte put him on against Barca.. but it took Jan for Sarri to consider him..I dont know why you say April.. look at the minutes he got prior to Jan when bayern came in.. here let me help you.

FA Cup - Prior to Jan ( 0 minutes) post that featured against Spurs and City . For a player who wasnt good enough to sart against Derby was quite the turn around in a month must say

EPL - prior to Jan ( 3 Apps) Post that 14 included 3 in jan..

So I dont know how hard they were forcing in Jan .. but it kinda did the trick ... 

jangz   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Pretty much this.

Ramsey signed even before 2018 was over. So not sure what that has to do with Sarri. 

Are you saying that all managers that goes to massive clubs and sign massive players are mercenaries? Isn't that what ALL managers want to do or do you honestly think that a manager would prefer to be at a club where there is no funds availaible for signings? Of all the critisisms of Sarri I have read on here this one must be the most ridiculous and that says a lot considering. 

The you need to work on how you interpret how you read.. it wasnt a Sarri criticism.. just that our fans were the least of his concern when moving.. But just for argument sake let me humor you..

The club did invest in his players (jorgi, Higuain).. made changes for him (Staff) let players go because they didn't fit his system.. then he left in a year.. not sure what it makes him..

jangz   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

He got a better offer.  Hazard got a better offer.  Can't see the difference myself.  Sure he wasn't chased out I think we can all agree on that.  He did a good job.

I'm trying to work out what all the distaste for Sarri in this post comes from.

I think the post was about how Chelsea fans were the least of his concerns when he left.. and then I guess I got carried away with my dislike for his management style and the fact that we made changes and bought players for him and we really could have done with continuity when he abandoned ship. Plus some of his comments post joining Juve.. I think I am not a big fan of his thats all there is to it..

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, jangz said:

FA Cup - Prior to Jan ( 0 minutes) post that featured against Spurs and City . For a player who wasnt good enough to sart against Derby was quite the turn around in a month must say

EPL - prior to Jan ( 3 Apps) Post that 14 included 3 in jan..

So I dont know how hard they were forcing in Jan .. but it kinda did the trick ... 

I mean, the FA Cup starts in January - damn Sarri for not picking him before that.

He didn't start a PL game until April.  That is why I said he didn't start a league game until April 

There is a school of thought that he simply didn't feel safe in leaving Napoli directly to Juventus given the fractious nature of their respective fan bases relationship so chose to sit out a year at Chelsea and then return to Italy .

Good luck to him , but in my opinion it's no loss , I think once more Hazard carried the side over the line.