• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

jangz   
5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I mean, the FA Cup starts in January - damn Sarri for not picking him before that.

He didn't start a PL game until April.  That is why I said he didn't start a league game until April 

Ok let me put it to you differently would you not think he should have started in  cup competitions?

43 minutes ago, jangz said:

4) I have no idea about this.. maybe its a bit of my dislike for his management but in general if a top performer is losing there is a lot of hue and cry.. I didn't see any of it when he left us..

I think a lot of people were waiting for Sarri to flop so they could run him out of town angrily.
He didn't flop, he got headhunted.  Annoys the hell out of some people.

I never turned against Sarri, but I enjoyed the departures of some of our other Italian managers.  And my biggest concern about Frank is that there will be no consoling joy in seeeing him leave with his tail between his legs if (if) he fails.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

There is a school of thought that he simply didn't feel safe in leaving Napoli directly to Juventus given the fractious nature of their respective fan bases relationship so chose to sit out a year at Chelsea and then return to Italy .

Yeah, it is very close to the school of thought that says SFL was only at Derby for 1 year to get some practice in for Chelsea.  Even I think that a bit far fetched, but it is out there.

jangz   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think a lot of people were waiting for Sarri to flop so they could run him out of town angrily.

I never turned against Sarri, but I enjoyed the departures of some of our other Italian managers.  And my biggest concern about Frank is that there will be no consoling joy in seeeing him leave with his tail between his legs if (if) he fails.

First part I dont agree with infact if you read my subsequent post I thought he owed us to stay for atleast another year for continuity. I have never enjoyed any of our managers to fail not even Rafa because it means we as CFC is struggling. So honestly I am little insulted by your assumption there..

Second part .. yeah that would be a very sad day.. if it happens

28 minutes ago, jangz said:

The you need to work on how you interpret how you read.. it wasnt a Sarri criticism.. just that our fans were the least of his concern when moving.. But just for argument sake let me humor you..

The club did invest in his players (jorgi, Higuain).. made changes for him (Staff) let players go because they didn't fit his system.. then he left in a year.. not sure what it makes him..

Well he moved on to a bigger club. Happens every season in the world of football. 

Ham   

Seriously Martin, Paul, Ghost and Droy..... Why do you all have to churn out the exact same opinions on Sarri and Conte every month en masse? 

You aren't going to drown out other views on Sarri or change people's opinions so just suck it up. Agree to disagree and move on. 

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

Seriously Martin, Paul, Ghost and Droy..... Why do you all have to churn out the exact same opinions on Sarri and Conte every month en masse? 

You aren't going to drown out other views on Sarri or change people's opinions so just suck it up. Agree to disagree and move on. 

I think you could say the same for those that even now want to discredit Sarri for something or other without quite knowing what it was.  Why do people still try to suggest Sarri was some kind of loser and traitor?  Every month.  And why protect those people from the inevitable response?

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you could say the same for those that even now want to discredit Sarri for something or other without quite knowing what it was.  Why do people still try to suggest Sarri was some kind of loser and traitor?  Every month.  And why protect those people from the inevitable response?

Is there anyone actually doing that ? 

Blue Rod and Kev both thought he was a chancer from the off from memory , they're just sticking to their opinion .

I personally was excited for his arrival , initially impressed and then completely non plussed by him , happy he got his medal but of the opinion that Hazard was the reason we got third place and won the cup .

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Is there anyone actually doing that ? 

Blue Rod and Kev both thought he was a chance from the off from memory , they're just sticking to their opinion .

I personally was excited for his arrival , initially impressed and then completely non plussed by him , happy he got his medal but of the opinion that Hazard was the reason we got third place and won the cup .

Yeah loads - you are pushing at it yourself in that post.

14 hours ago, jangz said:

He jumped ship the moment the going got tough.. we built him a reputation and he milked it for all it was worth. I certainly will be cheering Conte on against his team. Happy he is gone, who would have cost us in the long run.

My guess is that we all sparked off on this - guaranteed to get a reaction.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I dont think any of us bring it up, just respond to others that do.

Maybe if people just stopped the needless Sarri bashing we could all move on.

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah, it is very close to the school of thought that says SFL was only at Derby for 1 year to get some practice in for Chelsea.  Even I think that a bit far fetched, but it is out there.

Typical melodramatic rubbish from Droy. If Sarri had stayed and done better he would have carried on.  I'd he flopped, he would have got replaced. Nothing to do with whatever you and I think.  

Frank Lampard wasn't my first choice to replace Sarri by any stretch. But I am excited by the gamble we have taken.  With Sarri I was pretty sure where we were heading and it was not what I wished for. With Lampard, doing extremely well is one of many options. 

Whether Sarri was head or bottom hunted is now irrelevant. We'll get to see pretty soon how good he really is. I think Juve have gone backwards with his appointment. I just don't see him doing as well as Allegri never mind better. Start to prepare your excuses. 

Edited by Blue Rod