• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Is it possible that Sarri, like certain British cabinet ministers and former ministers, suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Trust you to come up with something we'd all have to look up, apart probably from PeteR.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It's like putting Lester Piggott on a cart horse. He'll just whip the players to death. 

Absolute classic response my friend  

even funnier that most of the posters on here have probably had to google lester piggott  

16 minutes ago, kratos said:

Looking at this I just don't think there is a manager out there that can fix us until the club fixes itself in certain areas.

There is always someone out there will to take the job on. 

I wonder the odds for the return of tubby?

10 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I wonder the odds for the return of tubby?

Well he knows how to win the Europa League.

20 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

even funnier that most of the posters on here have probably had to google lester piggott 

Tax dodger, wasn't he? Just like Mourinho.

kratos   
27 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Hey I watched spitting image lol

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Please, enough.  It doesn't reflect well on you.  

It doesn’t reflect well on me? Let me get this straight, Kev is continually attacking me as a person and not the arguments I voice. When I stand up to that it doesn’t reflect well on me? 

Care to explain yourself? 

We don't have the squad to make a change in manager worth it, so your views on Sarri aside there really is no point. Half the players are coming to the end of contracts, another load are players we should actively looking to move and another one or two are going to get pinched. 

I think Sarri has made mistakes, but that ultimately what we're seen is the consequence of gradually losing leaders. We've played badly plenty of times in the last 15 years and lost plenty of games, but we've not been embarrassed in that time until the last two weeks. Losing 6-0 is always gonna be about more than ability or tactics IMO. This has become about mentality, and we lack it. 

• Like 1

I guess those of us complaining about Sarri shouldn’t be surprised. Journalist David Amoyal who covers Serie A, on Twitter:

“Everything Sarri has done this season was entirely predictable to anyone who followed him at Napoli- if Chelsea board didn’t know who they were hiring they should take some of the blame on his shortcomings... 

“Stubborn tactics, no rotation of players, not playing young players, poor sportsmanship when things go bad. All things we told you all summer although I love Sarri but he always was an odd fit for Chelsea”.