• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Maurizio Sarri Joins Juve After 1 Season

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Finally some sense, if an understatement; Mourinho did fantastically to last as long as he did here. Outlasting managers at any of the high-stakes jobs he's taken is absolutely one of his strengths. 

(Imagine patting yourself on the back for predicting a Chelsea manager will be gone within 2 years of appointment) 

Jose brought absolutely nothing new, football wise. He still commanded the press. But that had anything to do with football. I just did not see any new idea in his football that would have helped him to survive. Players are very intuitive, believe me. After a month of training, they have already susseed out who has the solution to the problems they are trying to resolve. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Blue Rod   
30 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Leeds Utd went into immediate decline until their resurrection in the early nineties and then another decline. Clough went on to win League titles and the European Cup with unfashionable teams.

Not sure JM wanted his Utd career saving. Dealing with prima-donna’s like the one who got himself sent off needlessly and late in the game this evening would drive a teetotaller into a raving alcoholic. Still that’s OGS issue now, see how he or a replacement fares after their initial honeymoon period. Sarri is having much the same issues. 

Well, Jose had prima donnas at Chelsea, then prima donnas at Man Utd. There is only one common denominator, I'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, Jose had prima donnas at Chelsea, then prima donnas at Man Utd. There is only one common denominator, I'm afraid. 

Yes, that being that’s there’s plenty of prima-donnas in professional football. 

Blue Rod   
15 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Yes, that being that’s there’s plenty of prima-donnas in professional football. 

That is true. Everywhere-, managers, players, you name, it

25 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Jose was in decline of his own making. If you study his football from his second spell at Chelsea (which I believe was his best ever season as a manager) to Inter, to Madrid, so would see that after his first spell at Chelsea he continued to win stuff but sometimes by paying tribute to himself rather by new ideas. 

Actually, his greatest season has to be either his Porto treble season or the Inter treble season. His Inter side absolutely destroyed us at the Bridge if anyone remembers and then withstood all the cheating Barca could throw at them to advance to a finals where LvG’s Bayern couldn’t even come close to troubling them.

Blue Rod   
7 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Actually, his greatest season has to be either his Porto treble season or the Inter treble season. His Inter side absolutely destroyed us at the Bridge if anyone remembers and then withstood all the cheating Barca could throw at them to advance to a finals where LvG’s Bayern couldn’t even come close to troubling them.

May be they destroyed us at the Bridge. But we were just a team in transition after he left. I dont see anything remarkable about the football Inter played. The football played by Jose's Inter was a remix of Jose's second season at Chelsea. And he has been on a run of remixes ever since. Eventually you end up remixing your remix, your synthesizer just packs up. 

Edited by Blue Rod

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

. Jose was in decline of his own making. If you study his football from his second spell at Chelsea (which I believe was his best ever season as a manager) to Inter, to Madrid, so would see that after his first spell at Chelsea he continued to win stuff but sometimes by paying tribute to himself rather by new ideas. 

If I understand you correctly here Rod I have to say I'm astounded. Are you really saying that JM's best ever season as a manager was his second spell with us? Well first of all I have to ask which "season" are you referring to? There were 3 in all in his second spell I think. We won the PL in his 2nd season of that spell and, although we won the league, I thought our football was absolutely dire. We attempted little and spent most matches risking little and getting 1 goal leads which we then sought to defend for the remainder of the game. It was dull, dull stuff and cannot compare at all with the football we played in his first spell with us, when he took the league by storm and also, importantly, we had an absolutely stellar team. 

No, I'd say his best time was in his first spell with us for sure and it's that level that he seems to have dropped far away from now.

Ham   
9 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

If I understand you correctly here Rod I have to say I'm astounded. Are you really saying that JM's best ever season as a manager was his second spell with us? Well first of all I have to ask which "season" are you referring to? There were 3 in all in his second spell I think. We won the PL in his 2nd season of that spell and, although we won the league, I thought our football was absolutely dire. We attempted little and spent most matches risking little and getting 1 goal leads which we then sought to defend for the remainder of the game. It was dull, dull stuff and cannot compare at all with the football we played in his first spell with us, when he took the league by storm and also, importantly, we had an absolutely stellar team. 

No, I'd say his best time was in his first spell with us for sure and it's that level that he seems to have dropped far away from now.

I can see the logic in what Rod is saying here.  In his first spell he had a major advantage over everyone else in terms of money and squad. We really should have won the CL then too.

Winning that PL title in the second spell was against the odds and unexpected. 

kev61   

I remember when I lived in Seattle watching these evangelists on tv and thinking do people really believe this bullshit? - my best mate a Texan(sadly no longer with us)said  there are people within 200 metres of us who believe in this crap!.

Mournhino a is nothing more than evangelical bullshitter that has been found out imo - was he ever good as a coach...probably his record says so or was he just lucky?

kev61   
24 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

nailed it pete but I appreciate other views.