• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Perth Glory 0 Chelsea 1

Can't read anything into that performance but Jorginho is going to be key to how we play.

Luiz should be kept at all costs, another player that will be key going forward.

54 minutes ago, kratos said:

Too bad he couldn't spend the time accelerating his fitness.

control and passing

22 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Can't read anything into that performance but Jorginho is going to be key to how we play.

Luiz should be kept at all costs, another player that will be key going forward.

Agree on all of this. Luiz for me will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Although I think he will need to be flanked by Rudiger and Alonso so they provide cover when he does not win his interception high up the pitch. Additionally, other players that stood out for me where Pedro - who was born to play this style and look very at home - and Zappa, who seemed very comfortable as a marauding RB. The only real problem for him is that Dave has been one of our most consistent players for the past five years and Moses is HG. 

Big shout out to Ampadu who yet again played like a 30 year old seasoned pro. He is seriously going to be some player. 

kratos   
10 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Bakayoko still crap, if he can't have a decent game against a poor side then there's no hope for him

More likely to go on loan seeing Drinkwater is HG.

28 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Agree on all of this. Luiz for me will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Although I think he will need to be flanked by Rudiger and Alonso so they provide cover when he does not win his interception high up the pitch. Additionally, other players that stood out for me where Pedro - who was born to play this style and look very at home - and Zappa, who seemed very comfortable as a marauding RB. The only real problem for him is that Dave has been one of our most consistent players for the past five years and Moses is HG. 

Big shout out to Ampadu who yet again played like a 30 year old seasoned pro. He is seriously going to be some player. 

Agree with this. This is why I don’t want us to spend money in another defender. Rather buy a world class attacking player.

Hudson-Odoi looked really good.  We might have a real talent there.  Fabregas and Jorginho are going to love playing together, they already possess quite a good understanding together it seems.  Add in Kante and thats one heck of a midfield 3.  Barkley was surprisingly effective, could really see him beign a nice 4th option there.  Pedro was good, the quicker we play the better he is.  Thought Baka was solid when he came on.  Morata wasn't great and I may be in the minority here but I thought Luiz was terrible.  Good with the ball, terrible when they had the ball.  Don't really think he should be near Rudiger or Christensen

Ham   
15 minutes ago, americanblue said:

Hudson-Odoi looked really good.  We might have a real talent there.  Fabregas and Jorginho are going to love playing together, they already possess quite a good understanding together it seems.  Add in Kante and thats one heck of a midfield 3.  Barkley was surprisingly effective, could really see him beign a nice 4th option there.  Pedro was good, the quicker we play the better he is.  Thought Baka was solid when he came on.  Morata wasn't great and I may be in the minority here but I thought Luiz was terrible.  Good with the ball, terrible when they had the ball.  Don't really think he should be near Rudiger or Christensen

Agree with this.  I think a lot of people are criticising Baka based on his reputation as opposed to his true performance today.  

I'd also be concerned with Luiz and can't see him featuring ahead of Christensen and Rudiger.

I'd also reiterate that we might well have picked up an absolute bargain with Barkley in the long run. He's got seriously quick feet and with a full pre-season and a different attacking approach, he could really flourish.

Ampadu and CHO are just amazing. Their ceiling is so high. 

The keeper really impressed me today with his sheer size and his cool distribution with his feet in the first half. 

Finally Jorginho is a proper baller. Like I said during the game, the most impressive thing was that he was directing players from the off as to where they should be and what he expected of them. He should make the transition to Sarri's style so much easier.

11 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

What is CH-O's best position? wide ledt or through the middle or somewhere else?

Wide left, especially if he can work on his left foot. Now that he's been given the no.20 shirt that makes him back-up to Hazard! He can cope.