• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Perth Glory 0 Chelsea 1

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's purely the worry I have that as a side we cannot buy a goal. There were certainly things to be happy about though but it's no wonder we're being linked with Higuain.

Yup.  I defend Morata and I'd genuinely love him to get a whole lot better but he disappoints every time. Hasn't done anything since the Man U winner really. 

13 hours ago, jones said:

Someone who definitely should not be kept, and not even loaned, is Morata. Today just proved (again) that he is not the man for us. Even if his link up and movement was decent enough, Higuain would have bagged 2-3 goals against this lot. We. Need. Goals. Simple as that. Get us Higuain, and sell Morata while there still is some willingness to pay for him - he will do much better in a less physical league.

And then of course, impossible not to mention Hudson-Odoi. Been saying this for a while, but he is ready. If Hazard starts 45-50 games on the left, then CHO for sure can start the 10-15 rest. And it seems Sarri thinks so too: a starting role, 45 mins, and a glorious assist. 

I'm prepared to concede that you are probably right on both these accounts. I've been an advocate that Morata needs to be given a second chance but there's no way he'll flourigh under Sarri. We need a real goalthreat in the box to capitalise on all the good diagonal crosses or the through-balls to a striker in a crowded box. Morata isn't that striker - he's finishing is nowhere near good enough. 

I'm prepared to say that Batsuayhi will peobaby score a lot more goals if he was our S1. Thing is we need someone who'll bang em in. Higuain ticks that box. 

As for CHO - I've said he should be our AM5 behind four really strong AMs. But he's such a talent and ready to get a lot of minutes now. If Hazard stays, I'd be more than happy with the following AM and S set-up:

Hazard/Hudson-Odoi - Higuain/Batsuayhi - Willian/Pedro

With Moses and Abraham as spare players. 

I'm the same regarding Morata. I really do think there's a top class player there but he seriously needs to man up.

I know it's only pre season but we probably don't need to see any more to know nothing is going to change. Zaffo called it very early on and he got it spot on.

I know many on here don't rate or want Higuain for various reasons but I think he would score bucket loads of goals in this team.

On a side note I'm probably Barkleys biggest critic on here but even I will admit he looked very good yesterday, albeit against a pub team in pre season. He may find himself in the starting line up at the beginning of the season by default, it will be up to him to take his chance.

35 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I'm the same regarding Morata. I really do think there's a top class player there but he seriously needs to man up.

I know it's only pre season but we probably don't need to see any more to know nothing is going to change. Zaffo called it very early on and he got it spot on.

I know many on here don't rate or want Higuain for various reasons but I think he would score bucket loads of goals in this team.

On a side note I'm probably Barkleys biggest critic on here but even I will admit he looked very good yesterday, albeit against a pub team in pre season. He may find himself in the starting line up at the beginning of the season by default, it will be up to him to take his chance.

Morata is one of the most frustrating players going, he has all the skill set there but just does not have the desire. For me, he really needs to look at players like C.Ronaldo, Drogba, Lampard, Gerrard etc, who are all players that became great because of their desire and work rate rather than natural skils I.e. Messi, Hazard etc. 

Since Barkley has come here, I have been surprised by the level of criticism leveled at him. For me, he is a player I have always looked at as overrated but with a fairly solid base. However, at £15m and that hamstring injury he had I though he was a reasonable buy that needed time. Now I am not taking too much away from yesterday as Perth were awful, however he did look like he suited that No.8 role and even if he only becoming CM5/6, at £15m with his HG status he was a good deal. 

jones   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm prepared to concede that you are probably right on both these accounts. I've been an advocate that Morata needs to be given a second chance but there's no way he'll flourigh under Sarri. We need a real goalthreat in the box to capitalise on all the good diagonal crosses or the through-balls to a striker in a crowded box. Morata isn't that striker - he's finishing is nowhere near good enough. 

I'm prepared to say that Batsuayhi will peobaby score a lot more goals if he was our S1. Thing is we need someone who'll bang em in. Higuain ticks that box. 

As for CHO - I've said he should be our AM5 behind four really strong AMs. But he's such a talent and ready to get a lot of minutes now. If Hazard stays, I'd be more than happy with the following AM and S set-up:

Hazard/Hudson-Odoi - Higuain/Batsuayhi - Willian/Pedro

With Moses and Abraham as spare players. 

Good to hear :)

As for the front six you list, that is my wish too. But why Moses and Abraham? They will not get much of a look in, and Moses’ value will plummet with a bench season and Abraham needs a season scoring 10+ PL goals. Sell and loan.

Yesterday also indicated Barkley will be an AM option, and maybe even Golovin too if he arrives.This squad would do it for me.

It also means selling all the players that will never flourish under Sarri, even if they «could do a job».

37436A75-956D-4CC0-9C95-DB035366268F.jpeg

Ham   
1 hour ago, jones said:

As for the front six you list, that is my wish too. But why Moses and Abraham? They will not get much of a look in, and Moses’ value will plummet with a bench season and Abraham needs a season scoring 10+ PL goals. Sell and loan.

Yesterday also indicated Barkley will be an AM option, and maybe even Golovin too if he arrives.This squad would do it for me.

It also means selling all the players that will never flourish under Sarri, even if they «could do a job».

I'm liking that line up and it's good to know that we'd already have a very decent bench too. 

Leo91   

RLC and Ampadu don't have to be registered right as they're home grown ? Both should stick around with the first team squad, as well as Odoi. But having two players per position isn't enough nowadays. Another attacking forward and creative midfielder would be ideal.

3 hours ago, jones said:

So you'd sell Luiz, Cahill, Zouma, Moses, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Giroud and Morata in a rush? I don't see the point in Golovin, given what we have, and Higuain doesn't fit our profile - expensive and past his peak. Is Rugani really £40M better than Christensen?

46 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

So you'd sell Luiz, Cahill, Zouma, Moses, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Giroud and Morata in a rush? I don't see the point in Golovin, given what we have, and Higuain doesn't fit our profile - expensive and past his peak. Is Rugani really £40M better than Christensen?

Yeah, I also want to know what version of Bats they saw. As for my money his off the ball work is one of the worst I have ever seen. It all has to be to feet for him otherwise he is not in the game whatsoever unless it falls to him in front of goal. Of all our "valuable" players (the £20m+ ones) he is the first I would sell as unless we are going two up top he is going to be awful, again.

*actually first to sell after Bakayoko.