• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Inter Milan 1 (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly  against Inter Milan at Allianz Riviera, Nice, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

According to TOCWS, the match is scheduled to kick off at 8:O5 pm, Saturday, 28th July, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Ham   

3 points a must.  Best 11 out. 

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

3 points a must.  Best 11 out. 

Only 3 points? Surely we also want a trophy at the end of the game? 😉

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly  against Inter Milan at Allianz Riviera, Nice, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

According to TOCWS, the match is scheduled to kick off at 8:O5 pm, Saturday, 28th July, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

One point of pedantry.........there is no such club as Inter Milan. The English press get this wrong all the time. 

They are Internazionale*, or Inter for short. There is no Milan or reference to Milan in their name at all. Otherwise we are talking about Chelsea London v Inter Milan.

They are called Internazionale, or International, if you translate, as they were the first Italian club to play with foreign players. 

Thanks Paul, you're a mine of info. I'd always wondered about that, but never bothered to google it

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

They are called Internazionale, or International, if you translate, as they were the first Italian club to play with foreign players. 

When do we get to be called Chelsea Italia for fielding an entire team and coaching bench out of Serie A?

43 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

When do we get to be called Chelsea Italia for fielding an entire team and coaching bench out of Serie A?

When Manchester City change their name to "Moneybags City" or "Emirates City" I expect

paulw66   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Thanks Paul, you're a mine of info. I'd always wondered about that, but never bothered to google it

In 1995 I did my first school exchange to Milan........ when we got talking about football and one of us lot mentioned the team "Inter Milan" they genuinely didn't know whether it was Inter or Milan we were talking about. To them it was like someone saying, "I like Chelsea Fulham"

Whilst we're floating around the subject, AC Milan, or what they call "Milan" is called as such because the club was founded by an Englishman, hence the club name is the English word for Milano, and why they have a St Georges Cross on their badge. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

In 1995 I did my first school exchange to Milan........ when we got talking about football and one of us lot mentioned the team "Inter Milan" they genuinely didn't know whether it was Inter or Milan we were talking about. To them it was like someone saying, "I like Chelsea Fulham"

Whilst we're floating around the subject, AC Milan, or what they call "Milan" is called as such because the club was founded by an Englishman, hence the club name is the English word for Milano, and why they have a St Georges Cross on their badge. 

It was also a cricket club!