• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Inter Milan 1 (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)

Ham   
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference?

We have a club captain and a team captain.  The team captain is generally someone who starts every week. That was JT for many years.

At the same time, and it's more of an honorary role, there's a club captain which would generally be a respected member of the squad.  

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference?

I don't believe we have seen youngsters impress like this. It was a long time ago - maybe Huth and C Cole? But I think Ampadu and CHO are better. Abraham as well.

Jeremie Boga looked really good pre-season, (was it last year or the year before)? Nevertheless he never had a sniff at the first team subsequently.

Ham   

3 mins 15 and 3 mins 50.  

Outrageous.

kev61   

Just watched the documentary 'artist in residence' I urge all football people to watch it from the West Brom player that is "competitive and not in love with football" but doesn't like training to a manager that puts his heart and soul into a club.

it ended up the artist in residence captured the emotions of the people involved in the game without knowing anything about the game

Draw your own conclusions but money has destroyed the game in my eyes.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

3 mins 15 and 3 mins 50.  

Outrageous.

Yep, very good. Thanks Ham. Well we now await to see if signor Sarri acts differently to his predecessors.

Ham   
18 minutes ago, kev61 said:

We do? who's the club captain?

Isn't Cahill the current club captain?  If he's not going to play much then the team captain is going to have to be someone who starts every week. 

kev61   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Isn't Cahill the current club captain?  If he's not going to play much then the team captain is going to have to be someone who starts every week. 

Aye I get you now - so that reinforces my view that azp I should be captain.

9 hours ago, Ham said:

We have a club captain and a team captain.  The team captain is generally someone who starts every week. That was JT for many years.

At the same time, and it's more of an honorary role, there's a club captain which would generally be a respected member of the squad.  

8 hours ago, Ham said:

In that case, I'd say that we should just have a team captain and be done with it. Fabregas and Azpilicueta should be the top candidates. 

20 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Quieter, less involved, game than against Perth. As Mark said, a more mobile version of Cesc.

Going to be interesting what he can produce at PL pace where he will have less time me on the ball compared to Italian league.