• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Inter Milan 1 (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)

chara   

Good'ish first half...preseason look at players..second half pretty much giving runouts to squad..game lost any meaning if it had any.

Worried about Christensen injury..and Willy certainly didn't look #2...TC goes without replacement and Bulka looks ok but unproven.

Same old corner waste....let the opposition give their keeper crossing practice!! Same short corner foolishness...good positive penalty shootout but in the end just a preseason warm up.

Pre season , not a fan really , you can't judge too much as some are trying too hard others aren't trying at all , some are fit ish others aren't .

There's some promising signs , we're pressing more than usual , but once again , we go one nil up , have all the play but cannot get a second goal before a stupid mistake gifts the opposition a goal .

It's like bloody groundhog day watching this lot .

CHO good , Bakayoko comically bad , Willy bad and good , still liking Barkley , Morata looked interested for a bit , probably hoping he was being watched for a move .

Ham   

CHO man of the match by a country mile. He's ready. 

Could have a huge impact this season and, Mark my words, he'll be in the senior England team for the Euros in 2 years. 

51 minutes ago, Ham said:

CHO man of the match by a country mile. He's ready. 

Could have a huge impact this season and, Mark my words, he'll be in the senior England team for the Euros in 2 years. 

CHO does look very promising. The only question, if playing Devil's Advocate, is does he develop more playing a squad role at Chelsea or as a first team player at another PL club? For me we need to really consider this and not let him end up in a RLC sitiation where he is 22 and only has 40 starts to his name. 

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pre season , not a fan really , you can't judge too much as some are trying too hard others aren't trying at all , some are fit ish others aren't .

There's some promising signs , we're pressing more than usual , but once again , we go one nil up , have all the play but cannot get a second goal before a stupid mistake gifts the opposition a goal .

It's like bloody groundhog day watching this lot .

CHO good , Bakayoko comically bad , Willy bad and good , still liking Barkley , Morata looked interested for a bit , probably hoping he was being watched for a move .

The problem is, and it has been the same since SFL left, is that we have zero goal threat from midfield. Until this is addressed the same with keep on happening as the opposition only have to really defend against two/three players who all play in the forward line, so do not have to worry about anyone coming from deep. This is why, although I do not think he is worth it, I would happy sanction £100m+ on SMS as he is one of a very few CM's that look capable of getting 12-15+ goals a season. 

A very encouraging performance I thought, particularly with the first XI who looked impressive. Then the replacements were clearly inferior by comparison, but overall I'm really looking forward to seeing a Chelsea team playing under Sarri, a manager who appears genuinely determined to adopt a progressive attacking style which I feel our players will respond to and revel in.

I'm also really liking the idea of Cesc as captain. He plays in the ideal position and has both the maturity and experience as well as a genuine commitment to our club which is really a pleasure to delight in.

25 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

CHO does look very promising. The only question, if playing Devil's Advocate, is does he develop more playing a squad role at Chelsea or as a first team player at another PL club? For me we need to really consider this and not let him end up in a RLC sitiation where he is 22 and only has 40 starts to his name. 

He is 17, not 20.  He may be a very balanced 17 year old, but sending a school kid on loan as opposed to sending a 20 year old is a big difference.
(Plus he is presumably finishing off his schooling this year which might limit the clubs he could play for distance wise).

Let him stay 1 year.  Same with Ampadu this year and last.  There is no shortage of competitive matches they can compete in at U18, U19, U23, LC and EL, plus 7 or 8 England age group games too.

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

A very encouraging performance I thought, particularly with the first XI who looked impressive. Then the replacements were clearly inferior by comparison, but overall I'm really looking forward to seeing a Chelsea team playing under Sarri, a manager who appears genuinely determined to adopt a progressive attacking style which I feel our players will respond to and revel in.

I'm also really liking the idea of Cesc as captain. He plays in the ideal position and has both the maturity and experience as well as a genuine commitment to our club which is really a pleasure to delight in.

I'd just like to say I totally agree with this.

10 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'm not convinced he'll be the club captain, though. He's worn the armband in two pre-season games by default. When we have a full squad, based on the players we currently have, I see the first choice midfield three being Jorginho, Kante and Barkley. Until Sarri says otherwise, Cahill is the captain. If he wants a captain who is a nailed-on starter then I imagine it'll be Azpilicueta.

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'd just like to say I totally agree with this.

Thank you ma'am. I realise of course that Eden is apparently to be offered the captaincy as an incentive to stay with us, but as much as I obviously would like him to stay I do feel that Cesc is a better choice and I'm just hoping, and actually am allowing myself to believe, that Eden will see the possibilities that are in my view genuinely there for him in playing in a Chelsea team adopting this positive approach. Eden will play up front of course and therefore might be somewhat too isolated from the heart of the team to be as effective a captain as Cesc.

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm not convinced he'll be the club captain, though. He's worn the armband in two pre-season games by default. When we have a full squad, based on the players we currently have, I see the first choice midfield three being Jorginho, Kante and Barkley. Until Sarri says otherwise, Cahill is the captain. If he wants a captain who is a nailed-on starter then I imagine it'll be Azpilicueta.

Yep, fair comment Bob.